Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey Bubs, you are tooling along just fine. I’m thinking you are looking at one that is going to take much longer before it ripens than you expected. Your temps are fine. Don’t be afraid! My trich production increases in the last weeks of ripening some much more than others. Some of that is just flat out genetics. In the last weeks of ripening I cut my humidity forcing the plant to put on trichs to protect itself. That’s what trichs are is a defense mechanism to protect the plant.
Im sending you some stuff to grow that will take care of that anxiety 🤪 You must consume it each time prior to looking at your flowers😝
Pheww ok so maybe I back off today on captain cool down mode and let them be. It would be of help to me if they take much longer than would think because I would have time to get back to vegas and have more time to manage. Ohh my something for mwah 🤗 tyvm and I will cherish whatever it is. Cheers to a great Sunday ahead my friends 🍻🍯

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@PrimoClonesCanada thank you sir!! Can't wait to start filling this thing out with plants.

Really appreciate you guys all gassin' me up, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside on this chilly winter day 🤣

@bigbagofbuds @CannaGranny @PerfecTrader I have conferred with the inner circle of wizards and we have come to the consideration that we will grant passage of safety to this minor intrusion into my grow journal 🧙‍♂️

Shaded your plants look great! Nice haul you have there. I'm interested to here what you end up on with the high intensity feeds. I've had good success so far with my switch to bone meal, chicken manure, and langbeinite. Fertilizer composition is oddly fascinating to me hahaha. I made a few excel calculators if you are ever interested just let me know.

Haha yeah man, you knock your plants out of the park whenever I see any pics. Feel free to DM me whatever you got I would like to see!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@PrimoClonesCanada thank you sir!! Can't wait to start filling this thing out with plants.

Really appreciate you guys all gassin' me up, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside on this chilly winter day 🤣

@bigbagofbuds @CannaGranny @PerfecTrader I have conferred with the inner circle of wizards and we have come to the consideration that we will grant passage of safety to this minor intrusion into my grow journal 🧙‍♂️

Haha yeah man, you knock your plants out of the park whenever I see any pics. Feel free to DM me whatever you got I would like to see!
Lmaooo! If you would be so kind as to pass along that this ole entity appreciates the kindness extended to me caused by good weed and fast fingers it would be most appreciated. Damn, had I known I was up before council I would have done my nails! 😂
You, on the other hand are always welcome to intrude in any of my posts. While I in all honesty cannot say I won’t yours again.
I can always simply say, “I forgot”. It’s one of the finer perks of aging. 😂
Did I mention how beautiful your grow in this journal is? 🥰

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Lmaooo! If you would be so kind as to pass along that this ole entity appreciates the kindness extended to me caused by good weed and fast fingers it would be most appreciated. Damn, had I known I was up before council I would have done my nails! 😂
You, on the other hand are always welcome to intrude in any of my posts. While I in all honesty cannot say I won’t yours again.
I can always simply say, “I forgot”. It’s one of the finer perks of aging. 😂
Did I mention how beautiful your grow in this journal is? 🥰

Hahaha the circle is more of a shadow entity that runs in the background, have to keep things smooth and wrinkle free somehow 🧙‍♂️ next time I will however try to give you a heads up for the pedicure :) You have many times! I truly appreciate the fam here at The Farm

Now on to my next set of business.....ever since @2Bad convinced me to purchase one of these digital scopey thingymajigs I haven't been able to stop myself from using it on a nice sample of buds. And I just so happen to also have some "premium bud" from a dispensary that confirmed my suspicions on the dispo weed and why it's terrible.

Here are the test subjects, from left to right:

Gorilla Dosha (dispo), DoHo, Twinkle Tarts, Island Sweet Skunk, and Romulan (yes I'm already smoking this)

IMG 3704

And now the close-ups. Can you spot the difference? 🧐 I know I can.

Gorilla Dosha(dispo)
IMG 3702

DoHo
IMG 3701

Twinkle Tarts
IMG 3700

Island Sweet Skunk
IMG 3699

Romulan
IMG 3698

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Phew ty SIR! This would be a particularly inconvenient time to have the Potion of Quadrupedalism used on me. My pool team would say suck it up next month and make me shoot from all 4s. Most Diamond 7ft tables are like 4ft high so no way that would not affect my game 😂

Ahhhh shizz all in good fun but legit though I've crossed the line and glad you unintentionally brought it up. This is the 1st grow I haven't had a journal for. It was my 1 plant scrog grow and without a scrog I feel a wee embarrassed to post there. It isn't for lack of trying though. Without a journal I have accidentally hijacked 38ish threads hoping for help since I can't yet cook without burning my hands. No excuse and no denying it. Going to make a journal for the rest of Puffs grow which should/will help with my cloak of hijackery 😂
Those samples look off the chain Wiz. I am trying to figure out what the diff is between the dispo flower. Have a vested interest considering I think I've spent maybe 10-50k 🙄 with them wondering that same thing. What is it that you see as the difference? From the pics it seems like the trichs have been allowed to degrade past amber but also there is tiny new white growth of some kind. Is that what happens from a rapid dry and or poor cure?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Phew ty SIR! This would be a particularly inconvenient time to have the Potion of Quadrupedalism used on me. My pool team would say suck it up next month and make me shoot from all 4s. Most Diamond 7ft tables are like 4ft high so no way that would not affect my game 😂

Ahhhh shizz all in good fun but legit though I've crossed the line and glad you unintentionally brought it up. This is the 1st grow I haven't had a journal for. It was my 1 plant scrog grow and without a scrog I feel a wee embarrassed to post there. It isn't for lack of trying though. Without a journal I have accidentally hijacked 38ish threads hoping for help since I can't yet cook without burning my hands. No excuse and no denying it. Going to make a journal for the rest of Puffs grow which should/will help with my cloak of hijackery 😂
Those samples look off the chain Wiz. I am trying to figure out what the diff is between the dispo flower. Have a vested interest considering I think I've spent maybe 10-50k 🙄 with them wondering that same thing. What is it that you see as the difference? From the pics it seems like the trichs have been allowed to degrade past amber but also there is tiny new white growth of some kind. Is that what happens from a rapid dry and or poor cure?

I'm just playing around, anyone is welcome to post whatever they want here. I'm not a journal nazi!

This cheapo microscope is cool as hell. Yeah you nailed it, in the dispo bud there is almost 100% amber trichs(which is why you get super high for like 20 minutes and then just have a massive headache) and all of the other stalks have had the heads ripped right off from the way they use tumblers to trim the bud 🤦‍♂️

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I'm just playing around, anyone is welcome to post whatever they want here. I'm not a journal nazi!

This cheapo microscope is cool as hell. Yeah you nailed it, in the dispo bud there is almost 100% amber trichs(which is why you get super high for like 20 minutes and then just have a massive headache) and all of the other stalks have had the heads ripped right off from the way they use tumblers to trim the bud 🤦‍♂️
Das TUMBLER 😯👀 ahhhhhhhhh it tumbles the trichs right off and the ones there anyway were CBN to begin with. Couple that with a hasty dry and there you have it. Pay for K and end up with hay. Looks great to naked eye, terps galore, take a toke and exhale aftertaste like you face planted into fresh lawn clippings 😡
Wiz FTW, mystery solved, case closed 💨

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Das TUMBLER 😯👀 ahhhhhhhhh it tumbles the trichs right off and the ones there anyway were CBN to begin with. Couple that with a hasty dry and there you have it. Pay for K and end up with hay. Looks great to naked eye, terps galore, take a toke and exhale aftertaste like you face planted into fresh lawn clippings 😡
Wiz FTW, mystery solved, case closed 💨
Two places last fall was selling tumbled weed. Had to pick up until harvest at Christmas was ready. I don’t go there any more.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Two places last fall was selling tumbled weed. Had to pick up until harvest at Christmas was ready. I don’t go there any more.

if it's not tumbled it's irradiated, or grown using PGR, or sprayed full of fungicides and insecticides and if it isn't any of those then it's something else....sigh

My only advice is to stay away from dispensary product if you want to enjoy your experience 🧙‍♂️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Trim time for Midge coming up! I'm also going to be experimenting with a new method. Typically I would use trimming scissors and perfectly trim down each bud. Seeing the discussions about the silicon BBQ brushes and then running across these at the local Canadian Tire made me wonder.

5069312B 7BFF 4F0C A919 D7F32B108319

018F171F 5DAE 4D95 9971 B91F9ADD49F1
6016BDA6 3389 449D 8E4E 0EF36A184CE6
BA756C01 477A 4E6B 9668 F948D4AE7877
162883A3 1B0F 49D6 9A27 6879D6017C3B

You can see where I had split her stem early on in flower. The main stem never healed but the two branches right below that were 95% severed fully healed. These plants are incredibly resilient! 🧙🏻‍♂️🌲

See you in a bit with an update.

2Bad

2Bad

Trim time for Midge coming up! I'm also going to be experimenting with a new method. Typically I would use trimming scissors and perfectly trim down each bud. Seeing the discussions about the silicon BBQ brushes and then running across these at the local Canadian Tire made me wonder.

View attachment 1328482
View attachment 1328478View attachment 1328479View attachment 1328480View attachment 1328481

You can see where I had split her stem early on in flower. The main stem never healed but the two branches right below that were 95% severed fully healed. These plants are incredibly resilient! 🧙🏻‍♂️🌲

See you in a bit with an update.
I love the idea Shade can't wait to see whatcha think about those silicone gloves. Also 2 of my plants split in the same spot as you and they're going strong still ! I can't belive it honestly.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Silicone gloves worked pretty good tbh. Not as elite of a job as doing every bud by hand with scissors but does an excellent job at getting rid of 90-95% of the bulk dry leaf matter. Not bad for weight but kinda was hoping for a little more. Will most likely use 2 plants in each 5x5 section moving forward. I was pushing anywhere from 4-600watts depending on the week. Overall not too bad.

0306B307 73A7 4FDC 9D87 A04E6728AE64

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Silicone gloves worked pretty good tbh. Not as elite of a job as doing every bud by hand with scissors but does an excellent job at getting rid of 90-95% of the bulk dry leaf matter. Not bad for weight but kinda was hoping for a little more. Will most likely use 2 plants in each 5x5 section moving forward. I was pushing anywhere from 4-600watts depending on the week. Overall not too bad.

View attachment 1328539
I’m assuming that’s grams? For a total of 569g? One plant? Darn that stuff dried quick!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I left the Grove Bags opened up over night and this morning they were still a little moist. I'm going to leave them dry out a bit more over the next couple of days and then do a reweigh.

The new girls are doing good. They were getting blasted with ppfd since being moved to the new tent and they didn't like it. Mag defs were creeping up on both strains so I gave them a nice tablespoon of Epsom salt the other day. Couple days later and they are a lively vibrant green color and growing nicely.

B31BD8CF 459A 4F89 BC15 6A9CF0AB962C
B6D251AA A286 44D6 B36D EF2765152C03
A8F9147B 6611 411A BA2C 9107E0A86575
CB7894C1 3D67 41F1 AA06 DE6619F98B5E
97A1772B 4D27 452D 97AE F793023CFBEB

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Cool idea with the silicone gloves, I might have to give that a try.
So you got around 1 gpw give or take from the one you just weighed. Not a bad haul.

That new tent looks like it's going to work out nicely!!

Shaded did you ever try and make rosin with the twinkle tarts?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Cool idea with the silicone gloves, I might have to give that a try.
So you got around 1 gpw give or take from the one you just weighed. Not a bad haul.

That new tent looks like it's going to work out nicely!!

Shaded did you ever try and make rosin with the twinkle tarts?

Overall worked pretty good and saved me quite a bit of time! I can't compare to the silicone brushes but I might pick one up for the next plants just to compare. Yeah around 1gpw for Midge. Not the most impressive I've had and slightly less than anticipated but the canopy could have been fuller.

I will need to figure out what I'm going to do with SCROGs in this 5x10. Most likely do 3 sections of 3x4.5 using the scrog nets I already purchased for my 4x4.

Nope never got around to pressing Rosin out of the TT. I do have some left still but not much.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

@CannaGranny

Today was transplant and torture day! 😂 Narrowed it down to the final 4 and transplanted them into 7 gallon fabric pots. Oh boy does it feel good to be back in fabric pots. Most plants had 7-8 nodes. Topped at the 5th. Trimmed everything up to the 3rd. Probably removed 60% of their vegetation but they will bounce back in a week or so.

E5B2CFD6 9FDF 4642 BCEB B3F131763463

48079CFE AE86 438A B401 E47F4C759A6B

69284CD8 6CE9 452C 846F 0CFFC1D4E062

Latest posts

Top Bottom