Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current: Cultured Solutions

• Thread starter Shady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Call UC and your new buckets should be there in a few days No charge. I had one crack like that also, same spot.
To much N will make them curl like that.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looks like you are moving right along buddy! 3 Styles at once? Badass!

Look at you, I didn't know you had some McGyver in you. Get down!

Looking forward to your feedback on the outcome at the finish line.

-TF
Hahaa! I loved watching MacGyver as a kid... Hey I may just be a Construction Manager, but I do know how to use power tools... Nevertheless, the Water Weld didn't work well as I should have sealed the crack on the inside of the bucket... Thx for cruising through TrichromeFan!

Nicely done with the JB weld action. I'm interested in seeing how well that works out over the course of the run.

I think your girls could benefit from some topfeeding, it helped mine when they looked like that. I would also run the RH up to 60-70% and see how they respond. Of course, about a week after they take off, you'll need to take the humidifier out and put in a DE-humidifier, lol, but that's the kind of problem you want to have, right?

Some 'light' reading on bulb life issues with dimming::cool:
Thx bro, I think the Water Weld would work if I had sealed both sides. Also, I will need to get a humidifier to raised the 10'x10' room's RH... Got any suggestions of good brands for that size room?

Nice work Shady!
Your rooms always look so neat and tidy.

You might try raising the humidity a bit and maybe reducing the airflow on the affected plants slightly.

Good luck homie!
Thx for the props and advice waayne!

What he said ^^^.
Thanks for the tip on that album- I like.

PB
Word up PB!

Call UC and your new buckets should be there in a few days No charge. I had one crack like that also, same spot.
No doubt eh! UC customer service is hands down one of the best around...

The leaves curl down with too much N, they curl up when RH is too low.
Very true...

A Big Thanks to Current Culture...

Once again, a big thanks to Dan and the folks at Current Culture! You guys are solid, stand behind your product, and truly care about your customers... No reason to wait and switch out the bucket when the replacements were here in a day, so I pulled out the beat up cuts and set them under the 600W HPS dimmed to 360W. I'll hand water until they snap out of it, but I will need to get a humidifier to raise the room's RH...
Under Current R15 17

Then I emptied the system, carefully pulled out the bucket, and took the opportunity to tightened all air and water lines...
Under Current R15 18

I also cleaned out the in-line filter which had a couple hydroton fragments slowing down the flow...
Under Current R15 19

Got the new bucket with a clean Current Culture logo in place and ready to rock...
Under Current R15 20

Also got a few cuts ready to roll as a backup plan...
Under Current R15 21

:cool:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good amigo, your photography skills are impressive, almost as much as the strain list you've got in your environments. Everything looks amazingly clear in your photo's, watching with interest. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal

ttystikk

ttystikk

Definitely liking how you're keeping the ship all squared away- all your bases coverd, including backup plan. Dig it.

I have experience with several types of humidifiers, and the one you'll want is a swamp cooler; it's a must to get a machine that drizzles water down some wicking material and then blow air across it. This evaporates the air within the swamp cooler, leaving the minerals behind- unlike ultrasonic and other types of forced spray humidification. I got mine at my favorite hydro supply store; the thrift shop! I ended up with an older type, works fine, I put a float valve in the reservoir to automatically keep it filled. It will run continuously by itself, or I can plug it into an environmental controller.

Here's a small swamp cooler; Essick Portable CP18

They sell lots of them, of many different designs. I would get a simpler design, and possibly rig a float valve in the unit to supply it with water continuously. If you want, you can get one with a built in humidistat which would control it without the need for an environmental controller.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Too Funny! I just helped an older friend move some stuff around his house- he asked me if I wanted a swamp cooler and I said yes. I got it home and have been wondering if its worth anything... It IS the model you just listed. Sweet.

PB

ttystikk

ttystikk

Too Funny! I just helped an older friend move some stuff around his house- he asked me if I wanted a swamp cooler and I said yes. I got it home and have been wondering if its worth anything... It IS the model you just listed. Sweet.

PB

Those things are worth their weight in gold if you need to bump your humidity some- and a free cooling bonus is always welcome.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking good amigo, your photography skills are impressive, almost as much as the strain list you've got in your environments. Everything looks amazingly clear in your photo's, watching with interest. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal
Thx for the kind words as always mal!

Always taking care of business Shady! Thumbs up
Sup sdgrower! Thx for the props...

looking good as always shady
Thx bro!

Definitely liking how you're keeping the ship all squared away- all your bases coverd, including backup plan. Dig it.
Thx ttystikk! Appreciate the link and info on the swamp coolers too...

PB
Right on PB... Let us know how well it works if you fire it up...

Damn you've come a long way shady! Great strains & looking Kuh_Leeen!
Thx bud! My plants and I are happy when the room is clean...

your setup makes me consider hydro =]
Thx Cannasoir! You should get your feet wet and give hydro a shot...

Under Current Update...

After running the system for a day without plants to make sure everything was working proper, I decided to keep the two healthiest Skywalker OG cuts and swap out the other four with some backups. I really wanted to monocrop this run, but I figured fresh rooted cuts would be able to hit the water running. Here's the revised lineup...
  • Skywalker OG (2 total)
  • Strawberry Bubba (2 total)
  • White Fire #3 (1 total)
  • White S1 #7 (1 total)
Veg resets on 5/19/12 with the 1 kW HPS dimmed to 500W, and 40 gallons of RO chilled to 68 deg F with the following nutrients in the order they were mixed...​
1st Reservoir Mix with 40 gal RO​
(amounts in ml/gal)​
CalMag: 1.5​
CS Veg A: 2​
CS Veg B: 2​
UC Roots: 1​
pH: 6.10​
PPM: 222​

Veg Day 1 in the UC...
Under Current R15 22

Skywalker OG...
Skywalker OG 1

Strawberry Bubba...
Strawberry Bubba

White S1 #7...
White S17

White Fire #3...
White Fire 3

P.S. Here's a couple lights out shots of Round 14 in Roots Organic on Day 8 of bloom... In full stretch mode...
Roots Organic Flip 3

Roots Organic Flip 4

:cool:

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
ps. that evap cooler works wonders. I have found it will go through about 4 gallons in twelve hours on the high setting. I suppose that it would go through more or less depending on environmental circumstances. No, it doesn't make good noises when it runs out of water- sounds like a dryer alarm; ooops. Needs timer.

Shady, nice work bro.

PB

ttystikk

ttystikk

ps. that evap cooler works wonders. I have found it will go through about 4 gallons in twelve hours on the high setting. I suppose that it would go through more or less depending on environmental circumstances. No, it doesn't make good noises when it runs out of water- sounds like a dryer alarm; ooops. Needs timer.

Shady, nice work bro.

PB

in drier climes, swampers are da shizz... cooling AND humidifying, all for a tiny fraction of the cost of AC.

You might consider installing a evap. cooler style float valve, and connecting that to your water supply. Less hassle keeping up with refills that way!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Don't know if you got a humidifier yet? I buy the whole house humidifiers from sears

they go on sale all the time 100$ off. I have 3 of them hooked to my res with auto fills hooked up. Just drill a hole and set and forget. I use H2O2 to keep them clean and replace the filters every 3 grow. When they brake you just take it in and they replace it. I have had one crater so far. Here are some pix of what I do to them...

IMGP0872
IMGP0874
IMGP0875

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't know if you got a humidifier yet? I buy the whole house humidifiers from sears

they go on sale all the time 100$ off. I have 3 of them hooked to my res with auto fills hooked up. Just drill a hole and set and forget. I use H2O2 to keep them clean and replace the filters every 3 grow. When they brake you just take it in and they replace it. I have had one crater so far. Here are some pix of what I do to them...

NICE- I grew up with one of those, the cheesy '70s style. Thing ran for 20 years, every winter... I was pissed at my mom for putting in a garage sale some years back.

The float valve install is exactly what I had in mind- couldn't have said it better.

Keep in mind, peeps only need a humidifier if A. you live where it's bone dry, B. you're not running a sealed room, and C. your plants are small, like the ones in woodsman's background. Once the girls get bigger, they do all the necessary humidification all by themselves!

Top Bottom