Share other things you dig. Pets, cars, trophy fish etc....

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Kolah,if its not leaking oil you need to add some!

Tatoojim,Is that a redneck engineering frame on the buell in the foreground?I have a pretty raced out cyclone,eric buell himself helped me with it.I had 3 HD's and a buell until i got hit in april,now im down to 1 roadglide and the buell,not sure if ill ride again yet havent since the wreck but a straight 35 years before that.
yes sir it is..thats a 12 second 280 rear :D

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Kolah,if its not leaking oil you need to add some!

Tatoojim,Is that a redneck engineering frame on the buell in the foreground?I have a pretty raced out cyclone,eric buell himself helped me with it.I had 3 HD's and a buell until i got hit in april,now im down to 1 roadglide and the buell,not sure if ill ride again yet havent since the wreck but a straight 35 years before that.
X1 motor..forcewinder intake..mikuni carb jetted..wet dream pipes/ fat tire pipes :)

K

kolah

Yes... Dave, sorry but I just don't not like them all that much....but lots of folks do. Some of them look so close to HD's I have to double-take it to figure out what it is.

I like the older jap bikes when they weren't imitating Harley. I had a 1974 Kaw 750 an odd 4 cylinder engine with 4 carbs...what a strange ape that was. I also had a Honda 350 and started chopping it. I put the long forks on it and never stretched the frame so it was awful to ride but looked cool (at the time). I crashed it soon afterwards. :oops:

But with the new bikes, the Japs knew there was a market for an inexpensive lookalike Harley and they sure cashed in though. I do like your bike moreso than the crotch-rockets. And I know there are a boatload of folks who love them...and most of the younger gals prefer the crotch-rockets over all other bikes.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Nice Smith machine bro! I get into weight training myself. I need to get another setup tho. Had a nice rack system, but I had to get rid of it due to moving. The grow took precedence. So, I sold it. Bad move. Real bad move. I wanna get back on tho. Im gettin old n dusty. Lol.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
That fat tire bike is a Buell? It looks sick, bro. Ya got more pics of her?
yes its a buell..they are my fav of the hd family..i will get some pics tomorrow..its in storage
buells are kinda like having a small block 350, that runs like a 454 :)
that crotch rocket looking one, kinda rough one..it was fast for a vtwin. it had every thing done except splitting the case and making it a 80 inch :D

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Very nice jim,love the redneck frames,one of the best aftermarket uses of a buell drive train.
you ever peeped out hillbilly motors by geotz?..when i had my lighting long, i wanted to put there gear on my bike:)

F

fuzzy

I see a lot of u like Hawgs.Just wanted to say ive been around them all my life.My dad used to race pro for Harley(flat track).He raced at Daytona(on the beach) in 58 and my moms always jokes, saying how they had to take the pit crew on their honeymoon.Ill be byuing 1 in the future,if i can get a little better..peace,fuzzy

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Nice Smith machine bro! I get into weight training myself. I need to get another setup tho. Had a nice rack system, but I had to get rid of it due to moving. The grow took precedence. So, I sold it. Bad move. Real bad move. I wanna get back on tho. Im gettin old n dusty. Lol.
Thanks. It is nice, isn't it? I love the thing and it's commercial grade with linear bearings and powder coating. I picked it up for a "song" from some guy who used it twice and then needed the room for his in-laws. $350 dollars!!! That machine retails for almost 2 grand! Something very "zen" about lifting hard and heavy and just....being in the moment, ya know?

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Yes... Dave, sorry but I just don't not like them all that much....but lots of folks do. Some of them look so close to HD's I have to double-take it to figure out what it is.

I like the older jap bikes when they weren't imitating Harley. I had a 1974 Kaw 750 an odd 4 cylinder engine with 4 carbs...what a strange ape that was. I also had a Honda 350 and started chopping it. I put the long forks on it and never stretched the frame so it was awful to ride but looked cool (at the time). I crashed it soon afterwards. :oops:

But with the new bikes, the Japs knew there was a market for an inexpensive lookalike Harley and they sure cashed in though. I do like your bike moreso than the crotch-rockets. And I know there are a boatload of folks who love them...and most of the younger gals prefer the crotch-rockets over all other bikes.
Well I wouldn't call the VTX1800R an "inexpensive" look-alike. The VTX is/was Honda's "flagship" cruiser and they put a lot of nice touches into it. The thing is a beast at 850lbs dry weight, 1800cc's displacement (at the time had the largest pistons out of any internal combustion engine commercially produced), and....fuel injected to boot. While carbureted bikes are "poppin" and losing power over the passes up here, my beast is purring. :)

Here's my "daily commuter" a sweet, mint condition 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade. First year with fully digital display...and everything works...
Goldwing 1

reloader

reloader

View attachment 268148
Saa2
Saa4
Fll1
Rss
Rrr5
Here is a couple pictures of my 02 R6. It may look ordinary, but so much work has gone into this bike, i cant even list it all. The front inverted forks are off an R1. All the bodywork is Air tech, custom tail & seat. Race Tech suspension , M4 pipe etc..
Also I just got done building a sauna outside. This is the best thing I have ever done, I use it every night. Nothing like 200F to relax.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Thanks. It is nice, isn't it? I love the thing and it's commercial grade with linear bearings and powder coating. I picked it up for a "song" from some guy who used it twice and then needed the room for his in-laws. $350 dollars!!! That machine retails for almost 2 grand! Something very "zen" about lifting hard and heavy and just....being in the moment, ya know?
Without a doubt! Nothing like the feelin after an hour and.a half.of intense training. Some Pantera POUNDING in the background! I hit it hard for about 8 years. Not a powerlifter, but more focused on bodybuilding. Its always been a big passion of mine also.
I have a wife, 3 boyz and daughter. We are all very active and participate in athletic activities together. We were at Dunham's lastweek checkin out equipment. I actually got my last rack system from a gym that was updating their equipment to true machines. I prefer freeweights mysylf. Smith machines are the ultimate. Id love to luck up on one of them bad mofo's! Freeweights with a built in spotter! A twist of the wrists locks the hook and your safe! Great design on those for sure. Yhanks for sharing that one.
I see we also gotta nice bike show poppin too! Maybe one day. Not now tho. Beautiful bikes! All of them! Thanks guys! Peace.
Quest

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Without a doubt! Nothing like the feelin after an hour and.a half.of intense training. Some Pantera POUNDING in the background! I hit it hard for about 8 years. Not a powerlifter, but more focused on bodybuilding. Its always been a big passion of mine also.
I have a wife, 3 boyz and daughter. We are all very active and participate in athletic activities together. We were at Dunham's lastweek checkin out equipment. I actually got my last rack system from a gym that was updating their equipment to true machines. I prefer freeweights mysylf. Smith machines are the ultimate. Id love to luck up on one of them bad mofo's! Freeweights with a built in spotter! A twist of the wrists locks the hook and your safe! Great design on those for sure. Yhanks for sharing that one.
I see we also gotta nice bike show poppin too! Maybe one day. Not now tho. Beautiful bikes! All of them! Thanks guys! Peace.
Quest
You nailed it my friend, and that's exactly why I got the Smith Machine...It has the flexibility of utilizing free weights yet allows the lifter to lift heavy without another spotter as it's "self spotting"

urbanfog

urbanfog

hmmmm, my hobbies....

airsmithing, paintball markers
gardening
my animals, (dogs, birds, chickens, snakes, reptiles etc)
Look to BBQ and cook
Brewing beer

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Ive alwayz been into reptiles! Thats cool as hell! Snakes are my forte. Mainland Freen Tree Pythons! Have a Salcuttta Tortise and a Cali Kingsnake(desert phase). Shit the fam and I go to the reptile show every month and Im a card carrying member of the Michigan Society of Herpetologists! So yeah, Im a certified dork basically. But, I do have a fine ass wife and get laid, so I guess Im not that big of a nerd! Lol.
Thats cool tho Urban, whats your favorite snake?

hmmmm, my hobbies....

airsmithing, paintball markers
gardening
my animals, (dogs, birds, chickens, snakes, reptiles etc)
Look to BBQ and cook
Brewing beer

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've spent some time around snakes, do enjoy them but they're not a love. Fish would be a love. Been bitten by more than I can remember, and am a member of the Hinged Fang Club (had it by the tail, doncha know!). Have known many, many herp geeks through the years, one in particular really stood out because this guy knew his poison dart frogs, back when nobody was keeping poison dart frogs.
The model Aero I wanted, before I did my knee in, was the older 1100 Aero, production years 1999 (I think)/2000-2002, when I believe they brought out the Aero 750 in response to HD's lawsuit on the 1100 motor. It sounded just like a HD v-twin motor.

When Dave got that bike he actually had another one picked out. Then I was shown that bike, all dressed out and kind of insisted on it. :oops:
You chopped a Honda 350..???? Got pix? That's hilarious! I've gotta see that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom