Should I start over completely?

• Thread starter 420ReBeLGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

So, the colas are starting to flower again! Was worried for a second there haha.

I have a quick Q for everyone... I read that plants love to be in the 800-1000 EC level during flower and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that haha. Whenever I finally add all my notes to the water I usually end up with about 5.8 - 6.0 every time and 640 EC/ppm.

How do you get up to 1000?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Pics for reference..
IMG 20201207 173832797 HDR

IMG 20201207 173810709

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Here's it after all the cutting (well 2 days after)

This was back on Nov 28th. So you can see the diff..
IMG 20201128 182806028 HDR
IMG 20201128 182753790 HDR

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Kinda thinking I might want to put a net up (I know it's a little late) since this thing is already falling over; had to tie a string around the trunk to pull it straight.

Would putting a net up now be a bad idea? Create any problems?

Badchoice

Badchoice

Looks like you might wanna trim a little to get light open up more and reduce weight because that sucker full blown a bush now lol

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Kinda thinking I might want to put a net up (I know it's a little late) since this thing is already falling over; had to tie a string around the trunk to pull it straight.

Would putting a net up now be a bad idea? Create any problems?

No it would not. Just place it just above the tops and let it grow into it. Are you planing on using LST training?

😎 🍻

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

I am not cutting the plant again as it's an Auto and she stalled for a while after the initial pruning. Too afraid that she will stall or have really low yeilds.

I will be putting up the net tonight and hoping it helps with the weight.

I did some LST on her at the beginning but she just started to bush out like crazy and I had to cut the lines for LST to get under her and start pruning. I must have cut off at least 1 lb of leaves.

Fingers crossed the net will be enough to help. This thing has grown big lol.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I am not cutting the plant again as it's an Auto and she stalled for a while after the initial pruning. Too afraid that she will stall or have really low yeilds.

I will be putting up the net tonight and hoping it helps with the weight.

I did some LST on her at the beginning but she just started to bush out like crazy and I had to cut the lines for LST to get under her and start pruning. I must have cut off at least 1 lb of leaves.

Fingers crossed the net will be enough to help. This thing has grown big lol.

If you are not planning on doing any more trimming then i would respectfully suggest you put a really strong fan close to the bottom to make sure you remove the stale, damp air. I would hate for you to get stem-rot just as it really starts to pack on the weight. 😢 I mention it, only because it happened to me about week 8 or 9 the plant actually fell over at about 4 inches from the bottom. I was hyper-focused on the pretty buds and perfectly green leaves. Until they weren't. Went through all of the questions about defs. Finally one day i jostled the SCROG enclosure and the Mother F&^%$* snapped off (mushed off actually) near the bottom. Salvaged what i could and chalked it up to a learning experience.

Happy Growing 😎🍻

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

If you are not planning on doing any more trimming then i would respectfully suggest you put a really strong fan close to the bottom to make sure you remove the stale, damp air. I would hate for you to get stem-rot just as it really starts to pack on the weight. 😢 I mention it, only because it happened to me about week 8 or 9 the plant actually fell over at about 4 inches from the bottom. I was hyper-focused on the pretty buds and perfectly green leaves. Until they weren't. Went through all of the questions about defs. Finally one day i jostled the SCROG enclosure and the Mother F&^%$* snapped off (mushed off actually) near the bottom. Salvaged what i could and chalked it up to a learning experience.

Happy Growing 😎🍻
Damn man! I have already cut off SOO MUCH I'm just worried cutting more will cause her to much stress.

I think what I will do is cut off a bunch of lower fan leaves tonight to allow for some air flow. My fingers are crossed that will be enough.

I have 2 fans blowing air around the plant too so it will be a total of 3 fans with the exhaust also pulling in new air. The exhaust fan will be turned on to always on once buds start to actually form to help stay off any bud rot.

I will keep an eye out for any soft spots on the stem but so far it's thing is STRONG.

I would totally cut more off but I just can't risk lowering the yeilds. This is the only one I have for me and the wifey. :-)

sambapati

sambapati

Damn man! I have already cut off SOO MUCH I'm just worried cutting more will cause her to much stress.

I think what I will do is cut off a bunch of lower fan leaves tonight to allow for some air flow. My fingers are crossed that will be enough.

I have 2 fans blowing air around the plant too so it will be a total of 3 fans with the exhaust also pulling in new air. The exhaust fan will be turned on to always on once buds start to actually form to help stay off any bud rot.

I will keep an eye out for any soft spots on the stem but so far it's thing is STRONG.

I would totally cut more off but I just can't risk lowering the yeilds. This is the only one I have for me and the wifey. :-)
Save all the fan leaves and sugar leaves gor brownies

Badchoice

Badchoice

To bad you don’t have liquid nitrogen, I’d say freeze all the trim melt it back down too liquid form and should have some type of nutes”” and than use that liquid for whatever around the garden or house.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

Understood. You can trim the leaves and not the branches. In your case then I would leave as many branches as you can and just lollipop the shit out of them. That is to say, trim all of the growth from the bottom until you can see light through the canopy. Anything below that point was not going to grow buds but only popcorn. So cutting away the popcorn area leaves forces/allows the plant to focus on the buds that are on the very tip of each branch.

Good Luck & Happy Farming 😎 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Chuck it into flower, its big enough and green enough, colour looks bang on. I'd flower it and strip some leaves after the two week stretch. 👍

Last edited:
420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Chuck it into flower, its big enough and green enough, colour looks bang on. I'd flower it and strip some leaves after the two week stretch. 👍
Wish I could but she's an auto and has already been starting flower. I'm probably going to just cut off some fan leaves today to help airflow. Really hope it doesn't stall them again for long.

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

Save all the fan leaves and sugar leaves gor brownies
I always knew about the sugar leaves on the buds, but I always thought fan leaves didn't contain any amount of thc? I've always thrown out fan leaves as they have no oil/tricks on them. Have I been wrong and wasting my fan leaves? Should I be saving those with my trimmings during harvest to make butter/oil?

420ReBeLGrower

420ReBeLGrower

So did the FINAL CUT. I can't cut anymore of this guy is going to stall out or have problems with flowering.

Cleaned up a lot of fan leaves from the top and bottom to allow for light and airflow. But, it's still pretty dense. Going to place an intake fan directly at the bottom of the plant to constantly push in fresh air.

Thoughts?
IMG 20201209 095642510
IMG 20201209 095601892 HDR
IMG 20201209 095556066 HDR

chemistry

chemistry

Are you on 12/12, big auto, that should produce the goods.

Top Bottom