Sick plants

• Thread starter OgGrowingDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Hello all i am a novice grower here and i was experiencing some issues with my gals a while back i thought it was getting better at first but it seems to have just slowed what do ya guys think?
Setup: 4x4 tent with 2 200w actual draw leds. I am doing dwc bubblebuckets i am using RO water and GH lucas formula with CalMag Plus ive been doing 5ml/gallon on calmag and ive been keeping them around 500 /600 total ppms the bigger plant (Auto Lemon Zkittle) ppms usually drop over 50 per day and i have been and smaller plant( strawberry cheesecake auto) has been steadily dropping about 20 ppms a day and i foliar fed a couple times at start of lights out 20/4 schedule with 1/4 strength solution but it seemed to hurt more than help and temps 75-65 and humidity 40-50 water temps stay 68-73 (the leaves on the dresser came off the very bottom of the plants and ive noticed it on all of the plants) any advice is appreciated thanks and Happy Holidays!

Sick plants
Sick plants 2
Sick plants 3
Sick plants 4
Sick plants 5
Sick plants 6
Sick plants 7
Sick plants 8
Sick plants 9
Sick plants 10
Sick plants 11
Sick plants 12
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

the "healthy" shotz- u recall how long after u... o nm... um... dwc-ish. um... sorry, schizophrenia... um... what is the lucas formula npk, on ea, if applicable and um... percentage of ea? as in- i use trio... from g.h.- at my current stage, in this 3part combo... um... i would go in um... the word for relation to another? one part grow. 2 parts um... micro (& highest N!!!)... & um... 3? yeah, 3parts um... flow... bloom. so how many bottles? npk of ea and um... what's each, entitled? awe man... the gal walked in n started talkin shrimp. I'm... I'm lost. sorry. lemme umm gimme a min to try n get my S, together.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

my initial thoughts were cmag deficiency, btw. but 500s... maybe. i might go to the book. what's ur ph? did u say? did i ask?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

And how much calmag is okay to use? Because i thought the same so i bumped up to full dosage
woah! less, is more, remember!!! lemme look, again. but u know- do the typical, quarter dose because all our wonderful, vendor supporters, want us to fry our puup. n then, wait a few. before n afters. u know u have wiggle room cause u keep urs borderline low, as i prefer. right? or was that another grow. u said 5s, right? ppm? regardless- it's a wait n see. cmag is actually difficult, to o.d. on, but i don't like to "push it" n actually find that limit...
want i should open a bible? take some pics? i know there's a rust and um spottin symptom. i know sawtooth is n there- for something else... i have it. i have time, but i might freak from the pressure. just trust me.

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

Foliage spray on leaves can still cause burn marks...

Ever splash nutrients on your plants and leave it? Dead spots...

Personally have only seen bad things from foliage spraying. I.e. mold/mildew produced in buds, burn marks they you can diagnose because your basically dialed in and try to solve a problem only you created not the system or the plant. Then try to correct that issue only to cause an unbalanced system.

Stop the spraying, keep an eye on new growth to come in free and clear of spotting.

If they do then, and only then, up the nutrient levels to 700-800ppm

bunkerking

bunkerking

Foliage spray on leaves can still cause burn marks...

Ever splash nutrients on your plants and leave it? Dead spots...

Personally have only seen bad things from foliage spraying. I.e. mold/mildew produced in buds, burn marks they you can diagnose because your basically dialed in and try to solve a problem only you created not the system or the plant. Then try to correct that issue only to cause an unbalanced system.

Stop the spraying, keep an eye on new growth to come in free and clear of spotting.

If they do then, and only then, up the nutrient levels to 700-800ppm

agreed. If i foliar spray (rare these days ) its Kelp and humic acid only.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

swear to god i was gonna say nix the foliar and for same reasons, cept I'd have forgotten the sun burn part... um... u know i read that, in one of Bob's 2... 10-15yr old bibles, at least. even the one oaksterdam uses/ed... sorry- not Bob's- "ed's". kinda mental, atm. sorry... um and i remember thinkin, "oh yeah... that much uptake, foliarly?!!!"... well... I'll fix these gals!!! and went about doin all the retarded S!!! the man just said. sigh... yeah, traumatic memories... LISTEN TO HIM... bet it's a bit o both. i haven't actually heard of anyone goin foliar, come to think of it... in some time.
i MIGHT, if i felt i had an emerging situation so bad- i needed the bytches blackout drunk with nutes to not remember the abuse... but i can't imagine lettin anything go- to that extreme, these days. so just forget u ever heard anything about foliar. maybe if ur treatin for something, but nothin mas.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

Thanks all the only reason i started to spray foliar was because i wasn't seeing any results from increasing my calmag but looking back when i was spraying foliar i thought it looked like it was helping because they were growing a bit but after a couple times of doing it i noticed the burning appearing so i stopped

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thanks all the only reason i started to spray foliar was because i wasn't seeing any results from increasing my calmag but looking back when i was spraying foliar i thought it looked like it was helping because they were growing a bit but after a couple times of doing it i noticed the burning appearing so i stopped
I just went through a grow where I "think" the problem was cal- mag when I started feeding it to them I didn't see results and started spraying a bit in water on the leaves - at first I thought it might have helped but it did not. What helped was adding the cal mag in a little bit smaller dose when I watered and then just slowing down and letting it work. It took a couple of weeks but I can see the new growth is green and I didn't lose the plants. My plants did not look like this though - yellow leaves that would then get brown spots - not rusty looking leaves

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

beach, was that one of their pics (cause i don't remember seeing those BONUS spots), or an example u chose?

i did see THIS and it's just a warning of more to come. indicative of a few thangs, i think- and i believe i see it, right before burn, or bleachin n ur addressing both so... but in the future- often, the signs r minute n easy to miss under blinding lights.

"just the tip"

Screenshot 20191226 093145 Chrome
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm sayin no to pk. i say calcium n if beach is correct... well, I'm not the pest pro, but i can dig, if beach has direction for me.

these r from MARIJUANA GARDEN SAVER/J.C. STITCH and ed, watched...

took no care, as to order of pics....

aqua says he has it in pdf- If i had to guess, he got it cheaper n easier to use...

pretty sure every farmassist, in the room said cmag so ur in the right place & good, albeit perverted, n durdee, hands.

and beach- if u aren't sure- somebody grab seraphine...

happy boxing day, u crazy canadians!

20191226 094421
20191226 094413
20191226 094358
20191226 094354
20191226 094243
20191226 094226
20191226 094222
20191226 094432
20191226 094349
20191226 094301
20191226 094253
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

one important thing to note, for u gamblers, mathematicians and engineers- when one goes to the library for diagnostics (oh! remind me to link the vid, if i forget!)- is: play the numbers, if u MUST; the intel sources tent to note whether it's a common, or less common, issue... i tend to follow that advice, when perplexed.

bah! i can't find the video! it's a couple... they have grass, as houseplants n tend to do trailer grows, but they trick out the ladies, to show us.... very cool. YouTube has a grip of diagnostic vids... so one may see, up close.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

I have looked for bugs but visually cant see anything i probably need to get a better magnifying glass or something because i have a jewelers loop but it seems its just crappy so i want to say no to bugs but honestly its possible and as for the tips i definitely noticed and dont plan on going any higher on the ppms ill be doing a res change here soon so ill adjust nutrients, I might look into getting that book too those pictures are great.

Top Bottom