Sick plants

• Thread starter OgGrowingDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also i changed res yesterday and let each of them sit in plain ph water for a little bit and gave them about 550 ppms and they have already dropped 100 - 150 ppms does that mean i should give them more? Because that does seem like a lot to me
Pics of roots? Yeah they sound hungry but let's get the base figured out. It could have simply been they were not uptaking enough water since calcium is passively uptaken.

So take RO and add cal mag until you get 150 then add your nutrients and then ph down.

Now what was the total ppm you were feeding. Personally I think you may benefit from adding a bit of grow if you have it.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

All the roots look fine to me the one guys is a little smaller but no slime or anything and yes all individual bubblebuckets those 2 dont really drink a lot amount wise it seems then ive got 1 healthy plant that doesn't drink too much either and the other big one showing calcium spots on big fan leaves but gulps it down quick ph normally rises slowly from like 5.7-5.8 and will get to like 6 after a day its not too bad ive been able to avoid changing the ph too much

20191227 123648
20191227 123628
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All the roots look fine to me the one guys is a little smaller but no slime or anything and yes all individual bubblebuckets those 2 dont really drink a lot amount wise it seems then ive got 1 healthy plant that doesn't drink too much either and the other big one showing calcium spots on big fan leaves but gulps it down quick ph normally rises slowly from like 5.7-5.8 and will get to like 6 after a day its not too bad ive been able to avoid changing the ph too much
Yeah root look good. Try adding 1 ml gal of grow if you have it. I think you will be adding more cal mag then you were.

Now what are temps and humidity?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

hey hey! they're eatin, again!!♡♡♡
good to c u, aqua. doin ok? how's mrsman? pops? g's sis won't care, but imma shave my head, this wk, in solidarity. nothing compared to what she's goin through n ur pops, too. and still helpin, here. sigh. ur a better aquaman, than me.
400 is my safety zone. basically, anorexia, without symptoms, or when they'll soon show what they'd like. i actually aim for mid 5s, typically. i recently got greedy... went 900 on all strains. maybe 2, didn't mind. the rest- warned me n went on a hunger strike, til flush. singed, tips... ur doin good. aqua puts u back in 5s so... all bueno.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i think he said lucas was 2 part. roots look good. ummm... oh- any guard product? n yeah- aqua knows ur buddin n ph will naturally increase, at this stage. I'm certain he just misspoke. veg, drops. he knows better than i. guard product. only need one. i use whatever biopharm? bio something pimps. never had root snot.
spoke with g.h. if roots take on the color of lucas, it's norm with gh trio.
i can attest that gh trio is fine, for starters. I'd imagine lucas, is similar n i still require cmag so...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

uhhh- oh- there's a 4pk of hygroms, for like $10, on amzn- supa handy, for curing and ur eventual, world, closet, domination! u may b wantin more.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

No i got h202 on my grocery list tho and planned on getting it next time i went to the store so i will have it by next res change and i do have a small heater i can move closer to the tent to get temps up.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

oh oh oh! if u already had ur daily, at 4-450ish and then u added the cmag... u prolly/hopefully, logged ur cmag addition... i think it's in here... u um take a ppm readin, now- you'll know whatcha did, ML wise in cmag and its translation to um... ppm per ml, in ur um... solution? shoot! i lost my mind. someone translate for me. i gotta step away. sorry.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

uh- aqua, remember my conflicting research with regard to h2o2, killin the micros... u set me straight. i forget what ur response was. i just recall being satisfied with guard, only, after reading ur response so make sure i/we/his reading- doesn't confuse em?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

uh- aqua, remember my conflicting research with regard to h2o2, killin the micros... u set me straight. i forget what ur response was. i just recall being satisfied with guard, only, after reading ur response so make sure i/we/his reading- doesn't confuse em?
Yeah you can't use both I prefer a live system like hydrogaurd since it has the added benefit of actually killing pythium even in infected roots. Nothing wrong with sterile though.

OgGrowingDro

OgGrowingDro

I see i guess i didnt understand the difference between the two i might have to order some hydrogaurd instead ive wanted to but was going to wait a while till i knew more but ive started learning a lot more recently

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

10-4. um h2o2, will b significantly cheaper. so one, or the other: a root guard product, or um... peroxide. i wash out my ro umm- 5gal thingys, with iso, or peroxide so it's still good to have on hand, regardless.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ur gonna have plenty to spend on so if $ is an issue- go with cheap. it'll work. aqua just prefers it n said y. either, will protect ur roots. it was a singular article he'd prolly come across that i was referring to so don't let me confuse u... amongst masses of articles that like both products... SEPARATELY; as aquaman, elaborated on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

10-4. um h2o2, will b significantly cheaper. so one, or the other: a root guard product, or um... peroxide. i wash out my ro umm- 5gal thingys, with iso, or peroxide so it's still good to have on hand, regardless.
+1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ur gonna have plenty to spend on so if $ is an issue- go with cheap. it'll work. aqua just prefers it n said y. either, will protect ur roots. it was a singular article he'd prolly come across that i was referring to so don't let me confuse u... amongst masses of articles that like both products... SEPARATELY; as aquaman, elaborated on.
Agreed h2o2 is perfectly fine and no shelf life. Hydrogaurd needs to be used within 6 months of opening and has a 2 yr shelf life. Honestly if you don't have root rot go with h2o2. The reason I like hydrogaurd is it will kill pythium and n the event you get it. But if kept properly sterile it should not be an issue

Latest posts

Top Bottom