Skunk #1 (Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold by Mel Frank - Todd McCormick

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Had to slow these guys down.. growing fast. #topped
PXL 20240103 210950107

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
They're getting use to the new lighting schedule and the PAR got upped from 275 to 400, lot to take for these plants right now. Time is moving fast and slow for me right now, crazy. I haven't fed these yet, just soil and water so far. I did drop some Recharge last night. But no food so far. Just what's in the soil. I should be seeing some cal mag issues here shortly. Thinking maybe just go ahead and beat it to the punch and drop some in the next watering. When I drop these in their final pots the Dolomite Limestone "should" handle the cal mag issues. I've been seeing this big time after week 3-4 religiously. I'm gonna jump back to the Dolomite Limestone routine and see what jives with these grows. Since it's a slow release nutrient I might just drop it in couple weeks before flipping. That's the plan anyways.. we'll see.
PXL 20240104 190638664

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We dropped the lighting low... really low, about 200-230 ppfd, slow down the growth a bit. Getting little anxious, as these ladies are about to outgrow their pots. And low lighting is low temps, so even slower growth... just what we want right now. Until we can get these plants sexed. The magic is supposed to happen sometime this weekend (We had these plants in 24 hours of darkness at one point to induce sexing) . BUT.... just in case, I'm gonna mail some samples to Jim Carlson of Sexing Cannabis Plants The price seems very reasonable. $4 a sample. I labeled my pots accordingly so we'll see. They ship tomorrow. Bro Science and Science going on right now..will they match?

And I accidently chopped a branch.. :( So to practice my cloning skills I dipped it in the humidity dome cloning deal. This little branch came from #3

PXL 20240110 013853810
PXL 20240110 013847959
PXL 20240110 013842705
PXL 20240110 014910447
PXL 20240110 014940416

PXL 20240110 013240626
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Anxious to get this show on the road. It's been two weeks and no sexing has happened that I can tell. None are showing male traits and I'm not believing for a minute that these are all females. Jim Carlson got my samples today and has started the DNA testing. That will probably take 48 hours or so.. so we'll see.

Meanwhile the little clone I got started (#3) is looking healthy. The dome lights are on 24/7 with a heat mat underneath.

I managed to find one of them 4x4 Botanicare drip trays today.. and for a decent price, $87. Found it at one of my local hydro stores, saved me a gang of monies on the shipping alone! ($150 shipping fee) Once we have these plants sexed out we'll repot them and set the tent up. We'll be trying out these Blumats I've had here for along time, just never used them. Should take a lot out of the guess work in watering, as long as I keep the reservoir topped up. Something like that. I've never used them so we'll see if the juice is worth the squeeze with these Blumats.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bilber

Bilber

Awesome grow so far Week4....

I've only seen a couple Blumats being used or run.....

Kinda looks a lil easier than without using um......

There was another style that I never heard of....I had to go down the 🕳 to see what they were.....it was the brand of a self watering system.......

I love trying new things or ways of doing what we do......I'll do it just because.....

Very nice setup and I'm interested to see how those things work.....

Your doing what they like now......I hate changing in mid season.....it's a crapshoot.......

When I went from Fox Farm nutes to General Hydroponics, I was worried.....the best decision I made......well.......maybe not the best......but....

Keep doing what you're doing cause they love it.....

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
And just in from the doctor...

"#3 was male, the rest were female #1 showed slight elevated signal, so keep an eye on it, but pretty sure it is female"

Lol, the one clone I have...😂😂

Poor thing is getting culled... Alrighty then, looks like we have 3 pots to go with... Time to... "Get er Done!"

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We're mostly done.. little let down the "4x4" Botanicare tray didn't fit in my "4x4" tent..
PXL 20240114 223942535

And the pots were getting root bound.. hope I got it in time

PXL 20240114 224440002

We put the remainder in 20 gallon pots. Sorted the questionable one to the front just in case, we are still 50/50 on that one for sexing. This was a workout and a half. The ladies are a little worn for the wear right now, but these will bounce back hitting their stride real soon.
PXL 20240114 223704462

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We upped the PPFD to 430 abouts.. soon as we get some growth I'm looking to grab some cuts to play with my cloning skills and then maybe keep 3 and give any left away. I was supposed to set up the Blumats and I got the major lazies on that idea again. And we still don't have all the little parts needed to do this right anyway, so maybe next week?

BUT... We have some Ecowitt moisture soil sensors coming in and I'm really excited about this purchase.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We got them set up already, really cool to see how each pot is at a different rate of moisture. Not surprised that the lower percentage, it's getting hit with most of the air right now, so we're gonna top these pots with some straw. Point that fan elsewhere.
PXL 20240115 183747242
PXL 20240115 183812574
Screenshot 20240115 103322

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Really cool of my local hydro store to take back my oversized Botanicare tray. No questions and bam, cash handed back before I could finish my sentence almost, lol. Grabbed some risers and an old soil I misused a few years back, want to give it another try on a future grow (another diary?).
PXL 20240115 215144117

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Really cool of my local hydro store to take back my oversized Botanicare tray. No questions and bam, cash handed back before I could finish my sentence almost, lol. Grabbed some risers and an old soil I misused a few years back, want to give it another try on a future grow (another diary?).
View attachment 2103168
I say let’s get this show on the road homie! What once was old is new again…..👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom