Skunk #1 (Afghan x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold by Mel Frank - Todd McCormick

• Thread starter Week4Bytch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Week4....

Reminds me of using fox farm nutes when I first started......

Totally missed it.....WAY to much!

I switched, while learning about feeding habits.....

I've never, nor will I knock fox farm because of my arrogance.......

But General Hydroponics is cheaper, so in reality, fox farm saved me $ unknowingly.......
I think I used General Hydroponics when I started growing. Probably the most popular of all of them. Price is right. A member from another forum convinced me to try organics. Organics works a lot better with bigger pots and raised beds. I've had my best luck with these 20 gallon pots. Think of organics as a slow release vs the quick feed of bottled nutrition. With bottled nutrition we are feeding the roots/plants directly, the plants well being is directly on you/us. With organics, we are feeding the soil. We care for the soils well being and overall health. You'd have to read up on a few books to have some kind of understanding of the food soil web. I've read a few pages here and there (four books and only a few pages..lol) and understand a little. Enough to be dangerous, but not enough to get out of danger. Not yet anyways. When your soil is healthy and thriving it then takes care of the plant for you, feeds it what it needs, when it needs it. That's the promise anyways... and if anyone can fuck that up it's me. Right now I'm trying to get the watering down packed and maybe go back to a little RO filtering. 50/50 mix with my tap.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Took about a week to get this cut to root.. not bad in my books.
PXL 20240117 010120021

Bilber

Bilber

You are awesome for that post above.....

It sounds sooooo simple, and yet it is sooooo far from the truth.......

I have looked into it.......

It's sad when you get so comfortable with what you're doing, that you can't open your eyes to see the truth......

I know that you Week4, are 110% right with your post.....

I have looked/ read/seen living proof that it's easier, yet harder at the same time.....

I love watching your growing technique.....your plants show that you understand the basics and beyond......

One of these days, I will experiment with organic growing.....

Thank you for posting your grows, so people like myself get a better understanding of the living side of soil....

Thank you!

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
You are awesome for that post above.....

It sounds sooooo simple, and yet it is sooooo far from the truth.......

I have looked into it.......

It's sad when you get so comfortable with what you're doing, that you can't open your eyes to see the truth......

I know that you Week4, are 110% right with your post.....

I have looked/ read/seen living proof that it's easier, yet harder at the same time.....

I love watching your growing technique.....your plants show that you understand the basics and beyond......

One of these days, I will experiment with organic growing.....

Thank you for posting your grows, so people like myself get a better understanding of the living side of soil....

Thank you!
Thanks @Bilber thanks for the kind words. I've still got a ways to go and applaud those who've paved the way for us new growers.

I'm slowly getting the handle of cloning. I grabbed four more cuts (females this time) and set them up in the humidity dome today. The male was left outside front of the house, I put it in one of my wifes empty pots ..😂 see how long ait takes for her to notice 😂😂
I figured out how to keep everything wet inside the dome and am now using a lite Clonex solution in the spray bottle. Before that I was watering with the water bottle making a mess everywhere... So stupid of me..😂 the light clicked today setting everything up for the ladies ...spray bottle ...use the spray bottle dude! So yeah, we're gonna keep everything misted up so the leaves don't dry up and in one week we should have some roots going.
PXL 20240117 025938966

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Todd informed me that these will stretch about 40% on the flip. We might have to trellis these later on.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Some plants don't like this trimming style but I almost always do it anyways, and that's to trim most if not all the large fan leaves couple weeks after topping. I just don't like how they cover the bud sites. They seem to grow out better after this.
PXL 20240117 041027657
PXL 20240117 041156850
PXL 20240117 041201362

PXL 20240117 041151213
HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

I think I used General Hydroponics when I started growing. Probably the most popular of all of them. Price is right. A member from another forum convinced me to try organics. Organics works a lot better with bigger pots and raised beds. I've had my best luck with these 20 gallon pots. Think of organics as a slow release vs the quick feed of bottled nutrition. With bottled nutrition we are feeding the roots/plants directly, the plants well being is directly on you/us. With organics, we are feeding the soil. We care for the soils well being and overall health. You'd have to read up on a few books to have some kind of understanding of the food soil web. I've read a few pages here and there (four books and only a few pages..lol) and understand a little. Enough to be dangerous, but not enough to get out of danger. Not yet anyways. When your soil is healthy and thriving it then takes care of the plant for you, feeds it what it needs, when it needs it. That's the promise anyways... and if anyone can fuck that up it's me. Right now I'm trying to get the watering down packed and maybe go back to a little RO filtering. 50/50 mix with my tap.
Organic is the way. Once you learn the process and understand the nutrients, the grow game opens up way more than any bottle can provide. The amazing thing about organics and soil microbiology is that there many unknowns.
Yes, more work up front, but much more time to tend to the plants for other necessities. My grow is a good example. I have literally moved to the other side of the planet with an extreme environment and I can grow the same quality, MAYBE BETTER, outside. The amendment and soil knowledge is the only thing that made it happen. Thailand doesn't have everything we have in the U.S.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Organic is the way. Once you learn the process and understand the nutrients, the grow game opens up way more than any bottle can provide. The amazing thing about organics and soil microbiology is that there many unknowns.
Yes, more work up front, but much more time to tend to the plants for other necessities. My grow is a good example. I have literally moved to the other side of the planet with an extreme environment and I can grow the same quality, MAYBE BETTER, outside. The amendment and soil knowledge is the only thing that made it happen. Thailand doesn't have everything we have in the U.S.
Beautiful country.

Bilber

Bilber

I agree.....in veg, once a new shoot, shoots and gets established, off with the leaf......

Not all, but enough to open it up a little bit more......

Definitely gets better lighting and airflow......

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Have rubber hoses EVERYWHERE 😏 (We're gonna have to clean this up a little) Set up the Blumats today. If we're not flooded tomorrow morning, we're considered good. We set up a shelf behind the tent and slapped a 27 gallon tote full of water at the top. Gravity fed. Left a lot of slack (in between the pots) with the hose for when we move them around for trimming and what not. I'll see what I can do tomorrow to make it look more presentable.
PXL 20240118 031227611
PXL 20240118 041340902
PXL 20240118 034840262
PXL 20240118 040257488
PXL 20240118 041300855
PXL 20240118 040311845

Bilber

Bilber

I love the idea of these things....

I'm sure there's a dialing in period to figure out flow ratio.....

I've only seen them....never really looked into um....

Thank you for sharing your experience with these.....

I'm interested.....

Your plants are looking great.....

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I love the idea of these things....

I'm sure there's a dialing in period to figure out flow ratio.....

I've only seen them....never really looked into um....

Thank you for sharing your experience with these.....

I'm interested.....

Your plants are looking great.....
I hope it works out. My flowering stage hasn't been picture perfect but I have a few ideas to run on talking to experienced growers. One is the watering, in organics they like to stay at a certain point 24/7 so I'm trying that for this grow. And during the stretch they go through the nitrogen like crazy, I didn't really pay attention to that on the last few soil tests I did. We're told that nitrogen isn't that important during the flower but what about the stretch period? Is it coincidence that we see problems at week 4 usually? So I'm going with that hypothesis for now. I think I have enough nitrogen in my soil, because my ladies are hulk green right now, almost too dark. It seems that way, my favorite words.."We'll see" 😏

Bilber

Bilber

I hope it works out. My flowering stage hasn't been picture perfect but I have a few ideas to run on talking to experienced growers. One is the watering, in organics they like to stay at a certain point 24/7 so I'm trying that for this grow. And during the stretch they go through the nitrogen like crazy, I didn't really pay attention to that on the last few soil tests I did. We're told that nitrogen isn't that important during the flower but what about the stretch period? Is it coincidence that we see problems at week 4 usually? So I'm going with that hypothesis for now. I think I have enough nitrogen in my soil, because my ladies are hulk green right now, almost too dark. It seems that way, my favorite words.."We'll see" 😏
You said it best...I..

The stretch period is when our plants need nitrogen the most.....ok....so maybe not the most, but it is crucial, detrimental anyways......

Always around week 3 or 4 when I backed off of nitrogen at 12/12, that is, like you stated, is when my problems started having problems.....major problems to say the least.....

Now........I will not back off nitrogen until at least 2 weeks into 12/12.....usually I cut back when I think the stretch is almost over.....I try and read their growth.....

I am still getting deficiencies down, but I'm getting alot better.......

And yes......we will all see!.........

Thank you again for journaling......

Top Bottom