Skunk Qabbage-AKbeanbrains-Earth Boxes-Living organic soil

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Looks like raising your lights helped. Leaves look really green and recovering. Great job! You getting ready to flip to bloom soon?

stp

stp

Looks like raising your lights helped. Leaves look really green and recovering. Great job! You getting ready to flip to bloom soon?
I need to, not sure they will fit well if they get a lot bigger before. I don’t know what they are still, so chances are I have to chop a few. I wanted to clone first and then flip, maybe I should space that out like clone this weekend and flip next?

stp

stp

I am going to move the boxes, flip their layout right now, I shot photos and some more light meter readings. Based on the readings, I moved my lights further apart to try and even out that outside drop in the Ppfd.
F92475E2 A3A0 4E92 AAC9 A1AB20D3D387

D0AD61EE 67A8 415C ABCA 5C2978F3BB28
EA218061 448F 4A0C B5AC 072642A40F57
4AF4F65A FF99 4C89 B35C B4625ECD61E5
stp

stp

Moved lights as far up as they will go now. Right side is lagging. Do you think that is genetics or is that soil differences? I did probably have more fresh soil on the one side than the other. The right side is very slow to grow upward, in fact, I’ll take closer photos of the top that is stacking up so tight I’ve never seen that before. Maybe because I typically top mine. The left side was topped, mostly to slow down the vertical growth and hopefully the right side would catch up. The breeder said he does not top his and they grow like a Christmas tree.

8BDAC824 18DF 4410 B774 E84475329679
stp

stp

Got a Niwa Grow Hub, only thing connected are the lights because I don’t have auto watering and the AC Infinity has its own brain but I want to eventually see if there’s a way to configure it to run the exhaust through this hub.

F5274716 5DEB 4B9B 81D0 ECA91661A1DD
stp

stp

YeH boy!!! organics for the win!!! looks at those growth rates!! such wow
I an very impressed with these Earth boxes and how fast they pushed the growth! Maybe it’s Organics, maybe it genetics, maybe it’s these boxes? I planted four, actually rolling the dice that when I flipped I’d have to yank a few males….still no signs. It will be interesting next time when I do one per box, if my clones take the next couple days. Thanks for the comment!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i saw this method years back in a old school soil king video on youtube, he was working with the grow kashi guy and he demonstrated beautiful fungal hype actually moving visible food from a dish into the soil. I really think its the method giving you these excellent growth rates, and honestly looking at those babys i would almost start in 1 gals or so and put more N into your topdressing after you choke out your cover crop. i bet you could achieve some god mode growth rates comparable to coco or hydro with the right system. I would use the peat plugs if your going back into soil, defiantly avoid rockwoll. Also implementing some training and screen could increase your yield and give you a longer window to sex em'....Heck with that tall one you may have to pull her down to get it even enough to not burn it while giving good light to the rest.
And pre-pair yourself for your two biggest being boys. Ime i have seen the tallest and fastest growing plants be boys, they die faster in nature so the grow and develop faster than females.
totally loving your grow show, stoked to be tuned in now!!

L

Loudtreefarms

check this video out;
I an very impressed with these Earth boxes and how fast they pushed the growth! Maybe it’s Organics, maybe it genetics, maybe it’s these boxes? I planted four, actually rolling the dice that when I flipped I’d have to yank a few males….still no signs. It will be interesting next time when I do one per box, if my clones take the next couple days. Thanks for the comment!
Yup- mendo dope and geen shock got it dialed ... we practice this on our farm. Great job with the earth box and living soil. Any noticeable effects using fermented plant extract yet? Doing great man.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I grew some AK Bean Brain Skunk Qabbage last summer. I have also grown a couple crosses of it with other indicas.
I always get early yellowing (week 4-5) with it but it is frosty AF. I gave it plenty of nutes last time too (experimenting) so I don't think thats the answer. If you see that happening don't worry. click link below

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I think since I crowded these boxes with two plants each, I need to flip sooner than later. There’s already signs of competition and I don’t even know which are boys or girls. Thinking about trying to clone a couple but never had great success, always grown from seed or purchased clone. What is the best system/brand/methods? Anyone?
just take your clone and stick it into dirt. If you have some myco "Mycoryze" that would be good.

between the four plants the one that was having a rough time was visible from 1st page on. The top right plant kept the one below it small. I don't grow in soil anymore but when i did, i rather keep 1 plant per pot.

Top Bottom