Slow Down Casey Jones 4 x 600W 12 site DWC

• Thread starter Powdery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ca acts as a buffer for the the High N which keeps it from burning.

M

mrdizzle

24hrs MrDizzle, if I don't see a change for the better I will dose the CalMg....seems to be the common factor amongst ye all hydro gardners

hey bro, I didnt mean to mislead you, those tips will be there for the rest of the grow, they dont ever repair themselves, its just a mental note for the future and a sign that you need more cal than your giving them now but its just cal uptake issuses, not going to make or break your grow, it happens all the time in rdwc, plants grow faster than they can transport cal, bloom boosters also contribute to the slow moving cal

you can also try cal-25 as a spray for your extra cal needs

M

mrdizzle

Tipburn and cupping are indicative of calcium uptake or deficiency problems - usually in hydroponics with a good quality nutrient, a deficiency of calcium in the nutrient is rare. So tipburn and cupping are likely to be a calcium uptake problem within the plant due to other causes, such as rapid growth and environmental interactions. Calcium uptake can sometime not keep up with new cell growth demand on a rapidly growing plant with an overly high or low rate of transpiration. High light, which pushes growth can sometimes bring on this effect, as can high EC, high temperatures etc. Summary: Most tipburn is actually a Calcium deficiency from too much P & K slowing the transport of C.

heres a link to a pretty sweet thread

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
How does a lack of Ca cause tipburn?

It doesnt cemchris<<
>>>dizzle you are misleading this poor chap:)

Tip burn is from to high of nutes<<>>nothing to do with Cal mag.
To hot of a nutrient mix is causing it<<If you changed out your reservoir every week you would avoid this.
dont matter if its DWC or RDWC still needs to be changed every week not topped off as needed.

Powdery if you cant do seven days with out topping off your reservoir is to small>>you would be golden with a 100gallon reservoir

take it or leave it>>its just what i would do brah:banana1sv6:
gtd:passingjoint:

P

Powdery

Calcium uptake can sometime not keep up with new cell growth demand on a rapidly growing plant with an overly high or low rate of transpiration. High light, which pushes growth can sometimes bring on this effect, as can high EC, high temperatures etc. Summary: Most tipburn is actually a Calcium deficiency from too much P & K slowing the transport of C.
The Author is By Dr. Lynette Morgan, searched for her on Google and she has credentials. Some pretty extensive credentials and a Ph.D. and she was a mushroom harvester :giggle

Work Experience . . .

Mushroom harvester (while still at school and desperate for money)
Accounts clerk (in my parents' Timber and Hardware business, part time while at school)
Research assistant for Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MAF), Levin Research Station
Research technician for DSIR Fruit and Trees, NZ
Nursery worker for Puketotara Nurseries
Taught hydroponic education module at Carncot School for Girls, NZ
Commercial lettuce grower (self-employed)
Hydroponic consultant, journalist, and researcher for SUNTEC (self-employed)

This made the most sense to me. I was understanding that CalMg was only transported via transpiration as they are non-mobile nutrients and the growth is happening faster than transpiration is delivering CalMg.

I did not know PK inhibited Calcium

Yea, tip burn is forever, next flip I know where the limit is. As long as they don't look like a rams horn were good.

Thanks again for the input, much appreciated

P

Powdery

If you changed out your reservoir every week you would avoid this.
dont matter if its DWC or RDWC still needs to be changed every week not topped off as needed.

Powdery if you cant do seven days with out topping off your reservoir is to small>>you would be golden with a 100gallon reservoir

take it or leave it>>its just what i would do brah:banana1sv6:
gtd:passingjoint:

I hear ya, larger volume of water is always better and definitely more stable but,
that's a lot of nutrients and water to just dump down the drain every week. What's the point of a larger reservoir if your going to dump it out 7 days later other than to keep the solution more constant?
I'm looking for your reasoning...I appreciate your suggestion but,
How would I avoid nute burn if I changed my res. weekly?

By topping off my res. with RO water I am decreasing my ppm's every time I top off...which is every day or two. Then I add a "pour" of nutrients to raise the ppm to my desired amount. I didn't accidentally hit 1100 ppm on day 10 by "over pouring" into my res...I did that on purpose.

F'in A I'm learning a lot :fighting0085:

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
check the post above, tells you exaclty why

here another read

http://www.simplyhydro.com/calcium.htm

I did. It also says janus hired a doc to do the research and coir and hydroton are no-nos. Thats when I stopped reading.

"Calcium also helps as a buffer when excesses of other elements are present and is therefore an important component of a plants' root structure."

"True tip burn however, is characterized by developing mostly on the inner, younger leaves, visible as soon as they develop in the centre of the plant. The tissue affected starts off by looking like a water soaked area, which browns, then blackens and rots away in severe cases."

I still dont think its the Ca causing the burn. But lack of the Ca when running high nutes and then the N starts to fry the leaf. I think we are both right.

That's a good link (the second one) dizzle thx.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Can't wait to see how it turns out Powdery. Always love seeing 600 watters and what they can do in systems like this. I run Flora Nova and have for a while so I think this is gonna be a good frosty show.

P

Powdery

Day 37 Flower
PH 5.6 PPM 950

FloraNova Bloom @ 800ppm
Beastie Bloomz @ 150ppm

I think she'll be on time...

On April 29, 1900 Jones was at Poplar Street Station in Memphis, Tennessee, having driven the No. 2 from Canton (with his assigned Engine No. 384 ). Normally, Jones would have stayed in Memphis on a layover; however, he was asked to take the No. 1 back to Canton, as the scheduled engineer (Sam Tate), who held the regular run of Trains No. 1 (known as "The Chicago & New Orleans Limited", later to become the famous "Panama Limited") and No. 4 ("The New Orleans Fast Mail") with his assigned Engine No. 382, had called in sick with cramps. Jones loved challenges and was determined to "get her there on the advertised" time no matter how difficult it looked.

A fast engine, a good fireman (Simeon T. Webb would be the train's assigned fireman), and a light train were ideal for a record-setting run. Although it was raining, steam trains of that era operated best in damp conditions. However, the weather was quite foggy that night (which reduced visibility), and the run was well-known for its tricky curves. Both conditions would prove deadly later that night.

Normally the No. 1 would depart Memphis at 11:15 PM and arrive in Canton (188 miles to the south) at 4:05 AM the following morning. However, due to the delays with the change in engineers, the No. 1 (with six cars) did not leave Memphis until 12:50 am, 95 minutes behind schedule.
The first section of the run would take Jones from Memphis 100 miles south to Grenada, Mississippi, with an intermediate water stop at Sardis, Mississippi (50 miles into the run), over a new section of light and shaky rails at speeds up to 80 mph (129 km/h). At Senatobia, Mississippi (40 miles into the run) Jones passed through the scene of a prior fatal accident from the previous November. Jones made his water stop at Sardis, then arrived at Grenada for more water, having made up 55 minutes of the 95 minute delay.

Jones made up another 15 minutes in the 25-mile stretch from Grenada to Winona, Mississippi. The following 30-mile stretch (Winona to Durant, Mississippi) had no speed-restricted curves. By the time he got to Durant (155 miles into the run) Jones was almost on time. He was quite happy, saying at one point "Sim, the old girl's got her dancing slippers on tonight!" as he leaned on the Johnson bar.

Day_37_Flower.jpg

Day_37_Flower_2.jpg

Day_37_Flower_3.jpg

Day_37_Flower_4.jpg

M

mrdizzle

looking good bro, whats your footprint of your canopy, those 600's look like they putting out some solid growth

P

Powdery

The canopy is 6' by 8'.
The buckets are 24" on center.
The white floor is about 10x10.

I want to put up 1000's for the next run but cost/gram/watt might not be worth it. The 600's are definitely exceeding my expectations.
:time:bong-hits::time:bong-hits::time

P

Powdery

Day 44 Flower
PH 5.55 PPM 850

I think the ladies just found their second wind! I can't imagine what they are gonna look like next week. I have another fan coming. Bud rot might be an issue if I don't keep the air moving but so far so good.

Some tunes and pics,

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohyfNPKW16g&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

petess_44_Pa.jpg

44_Flower2.jpg

44_Flower_11.jpg

44_Flower_71.jpg

44_Flower_61.jpg

44_Flower_51.jpg

44_Flower_Trichomes1.jpg

44_Flower_21.jpg

ttystikk

ttystikk

Very nice grow goin' on, powdery- here's hoping you leave your nick in the past. I would have been one of those who say that your hoods are too high, especially considering they're only 600W, but I've learned to let the plants tell us what they like. Definitely like the panorama shots, how do you do those?

G

grinkeeper

Powerdey.. I love your set up.. and follow your thread here.. I could also see a bit less gap from canopy to glass... but be careful, not fun to come in and see crispy crunch tops . thats something Im sure we all have learned hard and fast...

P

Powdery

Very nice grow goin' on, powdery- here's hoping you leave your nick in the past. I would have been one of those who say that your hoods are too high, especially considering they're only 600W, but I've learned to let the plants tell us what they like. Definitely like the panorama shots, how do you do those?

Thanks Bro, I use Windows live photo gallery. Sometimes photoshop

P

Powdery

Powerdey.. I love your set up.. and follow your thread here.. I could also see a bit less gap from canopy to glass... but be careful, not fun to come in and see crispy crunch tops . thats something Im sure we all have learned hard and fast...

Room is 74-78F So they should be good...water is 67-69F

Top Bottom