• Thread starter Powdery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Powdery

Day 50 Flower
PH 5.4 PPM 1000

Train_Cartoon.gif

Hard to tell if they are getting bigger but I remembered when all the 8 week plants are trimmed...this trainwreck starts picking up speed! Three weeks to go...we should arrive at our destination.

IMG_62251.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_62671.jpg

Weerk_7_Trichomes_2.jpg

Week_7_Trichomes.jpg

P

Powdery

58 Days Flower
PH 5.50 PPM 850

Week 7 I did a water change, flushed with 50 Gal of RO and drained and filled with 50 Gal of fresh nutes. PPM's were almost 1200.

Two days ago, the PH dropped to 4.50, the PPM's were at 1050. Were getting close to the end so I figured it was time to start dropping the PPM's so I drained half the H2O and topped with RO. The PH stayed the same but the PPM's were down to 850 so I dosed some PH up. The system stabilized at 5.50. Flushing on Sunday.

The ladies are putting on a swell, I secured a bunch of nugs to the cages and organized branches. They were all ClusterFunked.

These girls are obnoxious when they start to swell. I am trying to stay out of the room...just topping off. If I don't look at the buds for a couple days I might actually see them grow.

Dropped the temps to purp em up,

66F set on the 1/4 HP H2O Chiller
68F with the lights on
58F with the lights off

IMG_63921.JPG

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_63711.jpg

IMG_63701.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

P

Powdery

It doesnt cemchris<<
>>>dizzle you are misleading this poor chap:)

Tip burn is from to high of nutes<<>>nothing to do with Cal mag.
To hot of a nutrient mix is causing it<<If you changed out your reservoir every week you would avoid this.
dont matter if its DWC or RDWC still needs to be changed every week not topped off as needed.

Powdery if you cant do seven days with out topping off your reservoir is to small>>you would be golden with a 100gallon reservoir

take it or leave it>>its just what i would do brah:banana1sv6:
gtd:passingjoint:

In the future.... :party0036:

1. I will change the solution every week (topping off twice a week causes up's and down's...no consistency)

2. Get a larger res. so I don't have to top off. Just fill it, run for 7 days, drain and fill with fresh nutes. (sound like a KISS plan...Keep it simple stoner)

3. Calcium/Magnesium does NOT cause tip burn nor prevent it when running high EC/PPM's...high PPM's cause tip burn and lowering the PPM's will fix the problem. >>Thank you GTD you the man!<<<

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6392_2.jpg

58_Days_Stitch.jpg

510grapez

Good job Powdery!!!!! Keep us updated, I would love to see them turn purple. Any more info on the chiller to drop the temperature in the room??

P

Powdery

Good job Powdery!!!!! Keep us updated, I would love to see them turn purple. Any more info on the chiller to drop the temperature in the room??

I put a fish tank heater in the reservoir to keep the H2O temp above 65. The chiller kicks on at 69F.

Trying to keep the water constant but chill the air.

My intake is coming from the attic now instead of my living space and that lowered my air temps to a max of 71F when the light are on and its touching 58F at night. It's been 7 days and between the veins are getting purple.

I chilled the water to 63 for two days but decided that was not a good idea, I don't want to risk slowing down growth just to see purps so I chilled the air instead and it worked like a charm, I'll snap a picture tonight.

510grapez

^^^^ so you are saying is if I drop the temp with the lights on then they shall turn purple???? The reason I'm asking is because I've been growing GDP for a year now and the never get really purple, only the top bud turns. My room is 70-80 with lights on and 50ish when lights off with advanc nutrients....

K

killerkane37

Great grow powdery. I was just wondering I've seen quite a few ppl run vertical lighting instead of horizontal for this type of grow. So is their any particular reasoning behind not doin this or is it just your prerogative. Cant wait to see the finished product!!!

P

Powdery

^^^^ so you are saying is if I drop the temp with the lights on then they shall turn purple???? The reason I'm asking is because I've been growing GDP for a year now and the never get really purple, only the top bud turns. My room is 70-80 with lights on and 50ish when lights off with advanced nutrients....

Yea you gotta chill the air day and night. Sounds like your GDP doesn't have the full purple potential in the genes.

Only my leaves purped not my budds...if your buds aren't purple like you want em to be and your night temps are 50ish then I would say change your genetics...your doing all you can with the temps.

Advanced nutrients won't make your buds purp nor will they "bring out the purple" any more than the plant is genetically able.

P

Powdery

Great grow powdery. I was just wondering I've seen quite a few ppl run vertical lighting instead of horizontal for this type of grow. So is their any particular reasoning behind not doin this or is it just your prerogative. Cant wait to see the finished product!!!

Vertical light is for large plants, tall ceilings, and commercial application. The cost/weight of running vertical bulbs plus the cooling expense and the arrangement of the bulbs around the plants just doesn't make sense in a small operation like this...doesn't make sense to me anyway but one man's understanding is anothers mis-understanding :stonedsmilie:

P

Powdery

65 Days Flower
PH 5.6 PPM 650

:smiley_joint:
These ladies are gonna run till Sunday with nutes then flush...that would be 70 days from the appearance of pistols. They are putting out a final round of fresh flowers...one last push before the flush!

Purple_3.jpg

Purple1.jpg

Purple_2.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Spectacular work Powdery! :rock

510grapez

hey powdery, those are some frosty stuff... as for my gdp, they do get purple cause my brother got them to be almost 60percent purple at one point, but its just me.... mines turn color just not as much as i want it to be.. its usually the top bud and leaves changes color but the bottom stays green...

K

killerkane37

Vertical light is for large plants, tall ceilings, and commercial application. The cost/weight of running vertical bulbs plus the cooling expense and the arrangement of the bulbs around the plants just doesn't make sense in a small operation like this...doesn't make sense to me anyway but one man's understanding is anothers mis-understanding :stonedsmilie:

Ok I got ya. I'm not gunna say your wrong or anything cuz all you have to do is take one look at your pics and see you have your system well under control. Good luck hope it smokes as good as it looks. Keep us updated.
:sun

P

Powdery

mines turn color just not as much as i want it to be.. its usually the top bud and leaves changes color but the bottom stays green...

I grew some jilleybean that only turned purple on the top buds. It was super fruity but I lost the cut to mildew some time ago...
Good luck with it bro

P

Powdery

Good luck hope it smokes as good as it looks. Keep us updated.
:sun

lol I'm probably wrong but its all perspective. I learned a lot from this first grow, I'm looking forward to next round. Gotta get that WH space...5 ton AC, 60,000 watts-o-lite...a couple more buckets..poly.duct tape :bong2:

sdgrower

sdgrower

Great grow!
Can you please describe the feed lines again? I'm not getting it.

Top Bottom