Slow growth and purple leaves

• Thread starter Stickyganjafarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

So been havin these issues with my clones and for some reason it only seems to be happening to my clones and not my seedlings, so what i got goin on is that the leaves are turning purple and also growing extremely slow but yet its not happening to my seedlings where as they are growin nice and happy and healthy and they are being watered and fed exactly the same sp its kind of strange but i am thinken from possible overwatering just weird that i have never came across this issue so any helpful info would be greatly appreciated

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

not enuff info...

what growing medium as you using?

photos might help....you describing the symptoms, and us responding with suggestions/recommendations/advice.

we're here to help you.

yes, purple leaves, stunted growth might be an indication of poor root development, due to overwatering, etc.

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

not enuff info...

what growing medium as you using?

photos might help....you describing the symptoms, and us responding with suggestions/recommendations/advice.

we're here to help you.

yes, purple leaves, stunted growth might be an indication of poor root development, due to overwatering, etc.

I l have to get some pics tomorrow and post em up, I am growin in coco mixed with perlite runnin at about 6.0 ph and seems to just be very slow growth as far as the clones are concerned but my seedlings are doin great but doing nothin different between the 2

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

Here is a couple pics of whats goin on, maybe a moly deficiency? I am lost on this one

89AF7DED 8E61 41D8 9C5F E34C7743FBF8
01486557 78F5 4DDC B3AE BF1DAD1885D7
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

completely underfed with nutes & probably kept too wet. looks like its getting hammered with led's thus really needs fed more nutes, lots more..lol

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

completely underfed with nutes & probably kept too wet. looks like its getting hammered with led's thus really needs fed more nutes, lots more..lol
I was running the leds on just veg lighting for 2-3 weeks than i switched the bloom side on in hopes it would help, but hasnt made any difference and as far as the nutes go i am feeding em exactly what the mother plants are being fed and the mother plants are happy and healthy, attached is the current mother plant

85EB59E3 0BEA 478B 8B24 12DEE9C1CB47
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I was running the leds on just veg lighting for 2-3 weeks than i switched the bloom side on in hopes it would help, but hasnt made any difference and as far as the nutes go i am feeding em exactly what the mother plants are being fed and the mother plants are happy and healthy, attached is the current mother plant
then does the clone actually have roots? because it sure isn't taking in nutes

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

your mom has an established healthy root system that is good enough for that light, the clone simply doesn't.. at least if everything else is the same

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

your mom has an established healthy root system that is good enough for that light, the clone simply doesn't.. at least if everything else is the same
Yea they had a nice root system goin, they actually filled a whole solo cup and i only water like once every week or 2 and do you think i should switch back to just blue veg lights so they arent so intense

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Yea they had a nice root system goin, they actually filled a whole solo cup and i only water like once every week or 2 and do you think i should switch back to just blue veg lights so they arent so intense
then the problem is it's rootbound & hasn't come out of that yet since its been transplanted

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

then the problem is it's rootbound & hasn't come out of that yet since its been transplanted
Any advice on what to do to help my girls out lol, been tryin every thing i can to try and get em goin strong and healthy but just cant seem to get em out of this lil rut

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Patience. The plant is going through a little rough patch while it builds its root system before beginning vigorous vegetative growth. Once it pulls through you’ll be fine. Just don’t overwater it and hit it with some foliar spray to keep the plant fed and happy in the meantime.

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

Patience. The plant is going through a little rough patch while it builds its root system before beginning vigorous vegetative growth. Once it pulls through you’ll be fine. Just don’t overwater it and hit it with some foliar spray to keep the plant fed and happy in the meantime.

ok so maybe just hold off on watering for now and just keep a routine of foliar spray till they come back? And what i have been doin is spraying the top of the coco around the base of them to hopefully promote the upper roots to take off seeing as how the top dries out within a day as opposed to the bottom which is where i think my issue is

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you’re in coco you need to water them a couple times per day regardless. You don’t want coco to go dry. Dryness is only required for soil based mediums not coco. Coco is more of a hydroponic like grow medium that needs fresh oxygen from feedings to keep the root system thriving.

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

If you’re in coco you need to water them a couple times per day regardless. You don’t want coco to go dry. Dryness is only required for soil based mediums not coco. Coco is more of a hydroponic like grow medium that needs fresh oxygen from feedings to keep the root system thriving.
Yea thats what got me where i am at now, if i add more water it only seems to hurt em more, normally i run the clay balls in my coco to have good aeration and have had nothin but excellent results and this round i am runnin just coco with a bit of perlite to see how it went but doesnt seem to be liking it very much, also when i check moisture in the coco the root ball has stayed moist and is havin a hard time drying out the only coco thats dry is the top few inches

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yea thats what got me where i am at now, if i add more water it only seems to hurt em more, normally i run the clay balls in my coco to have good aeration and have had nothin but excellent results and this round i am runnin just coco with a bit of perlite to see how it went but doesnt seem to be liking it very much, also when i check moisture in the coco the root ball has stayed moist and is havin a hard time drying out the only coco thats dry is the top few inches

Then something else is wrong. Daily watering is a must. It's not the problem. Coco holds enough oxygen after all the water runs off. It's not the problem.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you watering until runoff? The added oxygen in the waterings should suffice and allow the roots to breathe and grow quickly. If you’ve been letting them dry out then you might have built up mineral salts and might need to flush them to get them back to where they need to be. You need to water them a couple times a day to keep the roots happy.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah his media is super jacked ph and ppm wise now. Needs to flush out all that build up

Top Bottom