Slow growth and purple leaves

• Thread starter Stickyganjafarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

Yea we get water directly from the river so i know thats not the issue, at least havent seen any issues with my other plants, but on a side note I watered to run off last night and they are startin to wilt so hopefully they pull out of this

A.Swift

A.Swift

Yea we get water directly from the river so i know thats not the issue, at least havent seen any issues with my other plants, but on a side note I watered to run off last night and they are startin to wilt so hopefully they pull out of this

They'll wilt it's ok. What volume of water are you giving your pots and what size are they? If your hand watering once a day you'll need to give it good runoff, also with the frequency of water prior u deff have tons of nutes that will unlock and burn plants

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

I water 2 solo cups per pot in gallon pots and get a decent amount of runoff per plant

A.Swift

A.Swift

I water 2 solo cups per pot in gallon pots and get a decent amount of runoff per plant

That seems fine in terms of volume. Now that you've saturated the coco and will be watering every day they will need less per watering than what you were doing prior. I think 2 cups a day should be ok. However, if they look like they are hating it pull off on it a bit. Ultimately becoming a good grower is learning to read the plants. Much like a professional athlete reads the moving playing field and reacts with what he has in his toolkit, the "master" grower develops a tool kit and ability to read the moving playing field. Make sure to document and note this process somehow, so that you can continue to prosper and grow!

Ok Im going to annoy you now with questions. These questions will help me troubleshoot your deal.

Lighting- Type / wattage / bulb brand

Nutes- Brand/ PH / PPM

Pests- I noticed bugs on the sticky trap, do you know if they are flys and or aphids

Temp / Humidity- Dont know if this really applys because mothers look good, but humor me.

Foliar- Whats your routine? I also noticed your plants were wet with lights on, avoid this totally if possible (The water becomes a magnifying glass)

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

That seems fine in terms of volume. Now that you've saturated the coco and will be watering every day they will need less per watering than what you were doing prior. I think 2 cups a day should be ok. However, if they look like they are hating it pull off on it a bit. Ultimately becoming a good grower is learning to read the plants. Much like a professional athlete reads the moving playing field and reacts with what he has in his toolkit, the "master" grower develops a tool kit and ability to read the moving playing field. Make sure to document and note this process somehow, so that you can continue to prosper and grow!

Ok Im going to annoy you now with questions. These questions will help me troubleshoot your deal.

Lighting- Type / wattage / bulb brand

Nutes- Brand/ PH / PPM

Pests- I noticed bugs on the sticky trap, do you know if they are flys and or aphids

Temp / Humidity- Dont know if this really applys because mothers look good, but humor me.

Foliar- Whats your routine? I also noticed your plants were wet with lights on, avoid this totally if possible (The water becomes a magnifying glass)
I am runnin some cheap leds for the time being but i switched em back to just the blue veg light of em to not stress em as much i think the led itself is rated at 1200 watts full power
And as for nutes i am runnin flora flex with a 1.0-1.1 ec and 6.0 for ph
As for the yellow sticky that was from the last batch i had goin just didnt throw it away yet but they were thrips but got rid of them lil fuckers and as far as temp i usually keep em around 77 with a humidity of about 50 give or take, and believe me your not buggin me at all askin all this lol i am just desperate to get past this lil rut, done lots of plants and never once came across this issue

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

Also i dont do much foliar but probably gonna start doin it again, and i usually spray em wheb the lights first come on so they arent hot yet and has never seemed to be an issue as far as burnin the leaves

A.Swift

A.Swift

1.0 EC without watering daily with that much wattage in a tent is deff your issue. Those fuckers are starving. Dont think of coco like "oh i gave it a good watering and 1.0 so itll eat until its dry". Once the moisture levels drop the nutes become less available, creating buildup in the coco / deficiency showing with high runoff EC once you do drench. If you check out my page i pretty much photo journaled the same issue.

Foliar 30 mins before lights on IMO, bad habbit to get into spraying with the lights on.

Stickyganjafarmer

Stickyganjafarmer

1.0 EC without watering daily with that much wattage in a tent is deff your issue. Those fuckers are starving. Dont think of coco like "oh i gave it a good watering and 1.0 so itll eat until its dry". Once the moisture levels drop the nutes become less available, creating buildup in the coco / deficiency showing with high runoff EC once you do drench. If you check out my page i pretty much photo journaled the same issue.

Foliar 30 mins before lights on IMO, bad habbit to get into spraying with the lights on.
Yea super high levels so just gonna continue the daily watering and see how it goes, so strange how i ve never had this issue before though, thats what really had me scratchin my head like what the fuck lol but like you said its all a learning experience and just need to keep movin forward and gain additional experience and learn from my mistakes and I appreciate all the help and info really appreciate it

Top Bottom