• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

you are a saint buddy, good on you and long life power to your mission

Thanks E, I'm one of those people that can't watch people I know struggling, more so if I know the person in question has just ran out of luck and only needs a leg up to move on, with some people they just need to know that some one believes in them, and with a little support their flying again.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks E, I'm one of those people that can't watch people I know struggling, more so if I know the person in question has just ran out of luck and only needs a leg up to move on, with some people they just need to know that some one believes in them, and with a little support their flying again.
perfect mate. :-)

chemistry

chemistry

Juan Herer is sticky. :)
100 6991

100 6989

And the Critical Kush is not far behind in the sticky stakes. :)

100 6990

Looking good. :cool:

100 6988
chemistry

chemistry

Right, happy times ahead. :smoking: The Juan Herer is down and hung, will post the weight when it's dried out a bit. Up, the Juan Herer looked like this.
100 6993

And down it looked like this. :cool:
100 6996

The Critical Kush was not the best producer of the three plants, but the buds are solid, and it looks like it will be a really good smoke, and we'll find out in a weeks time. :cool: The Critical Kush up.
100 6994

And the CK down.
100 6999

The Super Lemon Haze is still going strong, but looks a bit ugly if you know what I mean, I'm sure it will still do it job, but it's ugly to look at, not it's fault, I should have vegged it until the root rot had gone, but it was a rush job. :)

Super Lemon Haze.
100 6995

PH 6.0 before
PH 5.8 after.
PPM 680 before.
PPM 680 after.

prospero

prospero

Well, bumped into an old friend not long ago from my youth, and boy did he look ill. Said he had an immune system illness, said he had problems eating and sleeping, also said he was in a bit of a mess financially. Think we have all been there. I asked if he still smoked, he said he couldn't afford to buy any smoke. Well, being the sort that I am, I said he could grow a couple of plants and save him self a fortune. But then I forgot, he was broke. I arrived at his place for a coffee and a catch up one afternoon, there were about 7 others there, a couple of the dudes I knew from way back, we went through the old days and the conversation eventually turned to cannabis. We talked about good weed and bad weed as you do, then some one mentioned growing your own, and how I used to grow, and had had to retire. It was mentioned that my old friend should grow his own, that way there was a good chance he would be able to eat (munchies) and sleep, I'm a gold medal sleeper after a good Indica. lol
It was a good idea, but for the fact that my friend was broke. The only thing we could do was have a whip round, I emptied my pockets onto the table, some spinning change and 4 or 5 paper notes and a bit of weed, like wise the others chipped in, it looked like we had been out robbing parking meters by the look of the contents on the table. But the pile of dosh looked a promising start.
$300. Mmmm! This is not going to be high tech, so where do you start? My first thought was a digital ballast, finances would not stretch to much else, brand new or second hand? Went for new, the last thing my friend needed was a break down, when he couldn't afford to buy a new one. So a Lumatek 600/400 watt was purchased. This was half the money gone after a Lumatek 400 watt bulb was bought. Was going for the 600, but my friend still has bills to pay, so a 200 watt saving. Next thing was medium to grow in? Water comes from the sky for free, so even at a push rain water could be added to top up the DWC's, and that is the road we took. 2 inch bubble stones, 3 galloon buckets, and Canna Nuits, not the full range, but 4 basic bottles. Vega A and B, Flora A and B, Cannazyme, and Agent, which is just calmag. I lobbed in some stuff I had laying around to get the show on the road. This was just over a week ago, we were donated 3 raggity plants that had cuttings taken from them, so we did like wise, and took a cut from each, as the flower room will be a wordrobe, there will only be room for 3 plants at any one time, this will be on 12/12 permanently. We also have a veg space which has room for 3 buckets, this will be powered by 2x 18watt, 24 inch long strip lights, we'll have to suck and see on the strip lights. lol
View attachment 756902

Well, one week later, and it's starting to take shape, these are the cuttings, from left to right. Jaun Herrer, Critical Kush, and the legendary Super Lemon Haze, not a bad selection I suppose, for free.

View attachment 756903

This is the flower space, plants left to right are, Juan Herrer, Super Lemon Haze, and a Critical Kush, the plants are a bit raggity, but the were free. So we'll see what happens, can I save an old friend with this basic grow? See what happens. This is last week, the plants have picked up a lot since then, when I get a minute I'll put up pics from this week.
Really enjoyed reading this @chemistry :) Going to hang around this one. Good job and good luck.

chemistry

chemistry

Well, decided to put the Lemon Haze in the middle and give it the best spot in the house. Had to cage it due to it falling over and knocking it's self up, not good. Its on week ten, so about another 3 weeks to go.
100 7007

This is the Critical Kush cutting we took 9 weeks ago, its been a bit chilly, so it's slowed things down a bit.
Critical Kush 4 in

The Juan Herer suffered the most with the cold evenings, it's only half the size of the CK, but I'm sure it will catch up.
Juan Herer 4 in

Two cuttings have been taken from the Critical Kush and one from the Juan Herer, and they are now under the dome.
100 7008

And they should be away in a fortnight and ready to pot up.

And the last plant in veg is another Juan Herer, the bit I snapped off by accident, but it will go in to flower with the other two veggers after the Super Lemon Haze is done, and it needs another couple of weeks to grow on, so no big deal. And that's it for now folks.

100 7010
Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

The Juan Herer is drying well, buds have good colour, very frosty.
100 7013

The Critical Kush was a small plant when it was put into flower, so the buds are not as big as they could have been, if the plant had vegged another couple of weeks, but they are still not that bad.
100 7017

A bit more drying and bingo! :smoking:

chemistry

chemistry

And this weeks round up goes like this. The Super Lemon Haze triches are all milky with a few ambers turning, so it's starting to finish flower, another couple of weeks with a flush, so not long now. The Juan Herer is coming on well, and is showing pistols after a week in flower. The Critical Kush is going mental at the minute, it's loving the sun in the flower space, and it too has pistols in abundance, so it's all ticking along. :)

Super Lemon Haze 3 11

Super Lemon Haze.
PH 6.0 before.
PH 5.8 after.
PPM 633 before.
PPM 690 after.
Added.
4ml A and B Flores = 57.

Juan Herer 4 W1

Jaun Herer. Week 1

Critical Kush 4 W1

Critical Kush. Week 1
The new run of plants will be grown the same as their predecessors, using the same nuits and methods. And that concludes this episode of Growing for newbies. :)

chemistry

chemistry

Had a weigh up, and the Juan Herer produced 2 and a half ounces, the Critical Kush ended with 2oz, so happy with that, the plants were only small, so job done. My friend was elated when we bonged the weed he had produced, and after a night of beer and bongs, I woke with what felt like some one tapping me on the back of my head with a 2lb claw hammer in tune with my heart beat. I'm trying to get him to join the site, he's teetering on the edge, so soon maybe. He now has 4.5oz to keep him going until his next run is flowered out in 7 weeks, he can go out in a blaze of fire, or he can make it last. And he still has the Super Lemon Haze to chop in a couple of weeks. The future is looking rosey. And from the waste we extracted a Qtr of hash. Can't be bad.
100 7031

incogneato

incogneato

Had a weigh up, and the Juan Herer produced 2 and a half ounces, the Critical Kush ended with 2oz, so happy with that, the plants were only small, so job done. My friend was elated when we bonged the weed he had produced, and after a night of beer and bongs, I woke with what felt like some one tapping me on the back of my head with a 2lb claw hammer in tune with my heart beat. I'm trying to get him to join the site, he's teetering on the edge, so soon maybe. He now has 4.5oz to keep him going until his next run is flowered out in 7 weeks, he can go out in a blaze of fire, or he can make it last. And he still has the Super Lemon Haze to chop in a couple of weeks. The future is looking rosey. And from the waste we extracted a Qtr of hash. Can't be bad.
View attachment 772745
Right on! I remember how awesome it was to toke my first harvest. Still pretty cool actually.

chemistry

chemistry

Well here we go again, another glorious entry to the Small Grow For Nubies diary. :) The Super Lemon Haze is still hanging on at week 12, trykes are starting to go amber at last, maybe next week she may be in flush, fingers crossed. The Critical Kush is possessed, week two and it's as big as the last run now, so it's doing fine. The Juan Herer is just starting to catch fire, it's doubled in size since last week, but last time out the JH battered the CK on weight and size, looks like the JH has got some competition this round, we'll see.

100 7033

Super Lemon Haze.
PH 6.0 before.
PH 5.8 after.
PPM 660 before.
PPM 660 after.
The Lemon Haze has about another week left, and at 660ppm I think it has enough of every thing to make it through the next couple of days, if it needs any thing then it will get it, so nothing was added this time.

100 7032

Critical Kush.
PH 6.0 before.
PH 5.8 after.
PPM 463 before.
PPM 696 after.
Added.
10ml Cannazyme = 10
7ml Agent = 97
10ml A and B Flores = 136

100 7034

Juan Herer.
PH 6.0 before.
PH 5.8 after.
PPM 666 before.
PPM 744 after.
Added.
10ml Cannazyme = 10
4ml Agent = 68

See you next week. :cool:

Ecompost

Ecompost

View attachment 772745
loves me the hash, its the poachers privilege :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom