Small scale vert worth it?

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
seems like your room size can be adjusted to whatever suits you.

If you have 4k to play with you may want to 5 plants. one in the middle getting hit by 4 lights, and 4 other plants getting 3 lights. You can stack your plants if you want to veg them less like what you were saying earlier. so 10 plants. You could also build a pyramid shaped plant stand to accommodate several smaller plants.

like this:

mSf5qeodM20OkPu2NG6VrOg.jpg

namedul

namedul

Cap in UC with 4k what would you recommend in a 12x7 room I don't mind splitting the ballast either. And doesn't have to be full vert

donmekka

donmekka

I am having a little trouble visualizing @Capulator ...Like this?
Vertroomrev2

Desertboy

Desertboy

This is my vert unfortunately it's only available in europe,
2013 11 17 193959
Chilis sog
DSCF9153

I never took any pics last run but gearing up for another run this year shortly I'll do a diary then. Stadium are good but I prefer a small sog style vert which will give more bang for buck you're real savings being the decreased veg time. I paid $450 for 36 (1m tall, 3.3 foot) pots which seemed very reasonable to me given the very high quality of the pot (Much tougher than autopots) I've had my mate stand on top of my pots and jump up and down lol and he's 23 stone. These pics were from the ebay seller I got the planter from in first place. Mine is only 1m tall this is a 60 pot version pictured above I was so tempted but couldn't afford it.

Last time it wasn't quite 40oz I took 38.5oz but confident I can smash the 40oz next run first time I ran organic handwater soil next run I shall handwater coco and add myco funghi.

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

I was wrong I found a pic on my phone I took early on in flower (14 days in I believe) , ignore the drippers they're not connected I was setting it up recirc then I was gifted a load of organic nutes so I went with handwatered organic instead. I left the drippers in case I needed to go away which I didn't.

Planter

As you can see you should never ever use a cfl hanger for hps I replaced that with a proper e40 wired to IEC socket. (I cut a dutch barn reflector down)

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

if you have good circulation, especially below the bulb then you can get even closer than that, here's a couple pics of my 600 to illustrate how close mine come to my bulb.

View attachment 385503

View attachment 385504

...i will say though that i'm pretty lackadaisical in my approach so i do sometimes see minor damage from being too close.

peace, bozo

I like your drains very original take on the tray, I assume you let the plants suck the water up, my vert has drain fittings but you need to run hoses in a loop to a control bucket and empty that when handwatering or of course just let it sit in a tray and be sucked up.

I can get the plants as close as 10" but get too close and your limiting the light spread I found at least for me 15" gives the most bang for buck. The walls of my vert move (And are removable from the tent) which makes tweaking light distance that much easier as well as maintenence as I can remove all the plants and tend to them outside the tent which I found was the safest. If you ever touched your jacket on a running HPS you'll know what I mean lol.

I used a quick release and non return valve to disconnect the drainage for moving the walls.

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

I net everything as a matter of course for support rather than to control plant to light distance since my walls are dynamic I don't need to restrict their growth when they get too close to the light simply push the walls back another 6". I found it most useful in veg as you can get lights super close at the beginning.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you do a "wall of dank" how is that different the doing beds? You have just moved the floor to the wall. One half of the light is still not being used properly. I think if I wanted to try vert lighting with such few lamps I would run 2 screens and do a vert scrog. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

This is my vert unfortunately it's only available in europe,View attachment 385726 View attachment 385727 View attachment 385728

I never took any pics last run but gearing up for another run this year shortly I'll do a diary then. Stadium are good but I prefer a small sog style vert which will give more bang for buck you're real savings being the decreased veg time. I paid $450 for 36 (1m tall, 3.3 foot) pots which seemed very reasonable to me given the very high quality of the pot (Much tougher than autopots) I've had my mate stand on top of my pots and jump up and down lol and he's 23 stone. These pics were from the ebay seller I got the planter from in first place. Mine is only 1m tall this is a 60 pot version pictured above I was so tempted but couldn't afford it.
Last time it wasn't quite 40oz I took 38.5oz but confident I can smash the 40oz next run first time I ran organic handwater soil next run I shall handwater coco and add myco funghi.

Looks like someone decided to make some money off HR's designs. Glad to see people want to pay for quality. I have pics of a 4x4 on top of my tanks. though for that money it would be in the 50 gal range with some cool things inside. JK

Last edited by a moderator:
Wavegem

Wavegem

Who cares about gpw when you pay 8 cents a kilowatt I'd rather grow trees

Latest posts

Top Bottom