So whats up with the new SpiderFarmer sf7000s?

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
growsince79

growsince79

I just read it and it basically said nothing. That could have been one of the worst articles I've ever read, so much conflicting information and so much useless information. Not to mention the typos.
Pretty sure it said they were both good but the 301h was better due to sorting. Maybe im high.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Pretty sure it said they were both good but the 301h was better due to sorting. Maybe im high.
Basically, the lm301h has a different spectrum.
Red light is more photosynthetically active so different spectrums of the same output will have different ppf. But they both have the same output. So I was right, the lm301h is more geared toward plants because it has a higher ppf (but that isn't necessarily better in this scenario).

growsince79

growsince79

Basically, the lm301h has a different spectrum.
Red light is more photosynthetically active so different spectrums of the same output will have different ppf. But they both have the same output. So I was right, the lm301h is more geared toward plants because it has a higher ppf (but that isn't necessarily better in this scenario).
I've only had the new one for a week, so I can't say which is better yet. The new hlg only has 172 301 + 4 351s compared to 192 on the old model. So each diode gets more power. Only 14k lumens compared to 16k on the old.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've only had the new one for a week, so I can't say which is better yet. The new hlg only has 172 301 + 4 351s compared to 192 on the old model. So each diode gets more power. Only 14k lumens compared to 16k on the old.
Less diodes with the same wattage just means more heat and less light. Not very significant difference in light but significant difference in manufacturing price.

Anthem

Anthem

Less diodes with the same wattage just means more heat and less light. Not very significant difference in light but significant difference in manufacturing price.
Less Diodes with same wattage does not always mean more heat. You have to factor in the heat sink as well. If the HLG has a robust heat sink it is possible to out perform a light with more LED but has a smaller heat sink.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Less Diodes with same wattage does not always mean more heat. You have to factor in the heat sink as well. If the HLG has a robust heat sink it is possible to out perform a light with more LED but has a smaller heat sink.
Agreed but not by a significant amount.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

It proves that these differences mean nothing. All the lights are almost the same. Other than company reputation and warranty, it's not worth arguing about.
I was thinking the same thing, when you look at the LED companies the components arent all that different. They are different, yes.... but the true difference between them is negligible. The main difference between companies is simply put - the specific pattern in which they design their boards / racks, the warranty, and the customer service. Sure there are some outliers out there that are scammer who sell things claiming to be authentic but are fakes, those people are not lumped into the legitimate businesses selling the components they say the unit has, with their lighting configuration. None of these companies are coming up with new tech, they are just using the same tech in different ways.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I was thinking the same thing, when you look at the LED companies the components arent all that different. They are different, yes.... but the true difference between them is negligible. The main difference between companies is simply put - the specific pattern in which they design their boards / racks, the warranty, and the customer service. Sure there are some outliers out there that are scammer who sell things claiming to be authentic but are fakes, those people are not lumped into the legitimate businesses selling the components they say the unit has, with their lighting configuration. None of these companies are coming up with new tech, they are just using the same tech in different ways.
Oh ya. I forgot about configuration which is one of the biggest factors.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

For instance the difference between between these two lights....

https://sonofarm.com/product/sonofa...ectrum-samsung-lm301b-diodes-meanwell-driver/

the Sonofarm has a larger heat sync but less diodes than SF. That doesn't mean its inferior to SF.

Anthem

Anthem

Agreed but not by a significant amount.
We do not have the ability to say by a significant amount because we do not have all the factual data. While HLG does have an independent company provide a shear test , Spider Farmer does not provide this information. If you want the exact information you would need to purchase a good quantum meter about 500 bucks, not the poor quality one, purchase both lights and put them both in the same space and test the output of each.

growsince79

growsince79

HLG 100w doesn't have a heat sink.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
We do not have the ability to say by a significant amount because we do not have all the factual data. While HLG does have an independent company provide a shear test , Spider Farmer does not provide this information. If you want the exact information you would need to purchase a good quantum meter about 500 bucks, not the poor quality one, purchase both lights and put them both in the same space and test the output of each.
Samsung provides a graph showing the efficiency at different temperatures:

The heat sink would cause hardly any difference in output.

Anthem

Anthem

For instance the difference between between these two lights....

https://sonofarm.com/product/sonofa...ectrum-samsung-lm301b-diodes-meanwell-driver/

the Sonofarm has a larger heat sync but less diodes than SF. That doesn't mean its inferior to SF.
The only way to get true data is to do the test yourself. I am not going to be much help because I do not believe the data from those companies. But just for shits and giggles take a look at the Sonofarm PPFD chart at 12". The center is suppose to be 2727 (Umols I am assuming) take a
Samsung provides a graph showing the efficiency at different temperatures:
View attachment 1085258
The heat sink would cause hardly any difference in output.
Than why are you always commenting on more heat less efficiency?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The only way to get true data is to do the test yourself. I am not going to be much help because I do not believe the data from those companies. But just for shits and giggles take a look at the Sonofarm PPFD chart at 12". The center is suppose to be 2727 (Umols I am assuming) take a
Honestly I thought there was a bigger difference. I definitely has a difference with cobs because the diodes are so close.

Anthem

Anthem

The only way to get true data is to do the test yourself. I am not going to be much help because I do not believe the data from those companies. But just for shits and giggles take a look at the Sonofarm PPFD chart at 12". The center is suppose to be 2727 (Umols I am assuming) take a look at the outside corner 115. So the coverage of that light is extremely poor. The center of the light would have 100 percent of Umols at 2727 and the outside with 115 would have about 4 percent of the coverage compared to the center. This is the reason why strip style is taking off.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey Anthem, I actually am doing the test myself. I just bought the Sonofarm 4000 I just listed and the SF4000. I will do a side by side so we can just go ahead and settle this with some hard facts..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom