some flame.

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Sorry I miss some of your threads. They seem to be ones that date back a spell when you were just an evil dictator mod to me before I realized you were a human being with a heart and a love for growing the weed. LOL!

The Chemdog #4 you mention as not being real has me wondering if you are talking about the same Chemdog #4. You know the ones we got at the harvest fest jamboree that that old santa claus looking dude was selling. I still haven't flowered mine out. I just been vegging them but did pass out some clones to local personal friends.

true grit

true grit

Awesome plants grit

Thanks Doc!

Sorry I miss some of your threads. They seem to be ones that date back a spell when you were just an evil dictator mod to me before I realized you were a human being with a heart and a love for growing the weed. LOL!

The Chemdog #4 you mention as not being real has me wondering if you are talking about the same Chemdog #4. You know the ones we got at the harvest fest jamboree that that old santa claus looking dude was selling. I still haven't flowered mine out. I just been vegging them but did pass out some clones to local personal friends.

LOL. Yeah im manic, which means im an asshole about ummm 60-70% of the time? Lol. Yeah I have a good side, just need to use my flame to stay sane! thank goodness for this plant! I'd just be an asshole all the time without it!

Interesting musta missed that one! think this one came from a dispensary dude/owner/grower around here. Came from out west, most def has a chemmy smell, but just not that chunk, bud stack, etc. Not complainin cuz it will be good smoke, but not somehting that will stay around or stood out noticably. The stardawg most def blew it away even being behind so that made it easy...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
There's too much fire in here TG! My retinas are burned from all this eye candy... Now I've really got to wear shades... :cool

C

ClearWater

Oh my god dude, that Stardawg is looking sick as hell bro, what week was she in there? Mine's looking fantastic, she's carved herself a natural area in the canopy so should be good.

true grit

true grit

Beautiful work TG!
That's some frosty Dank for sure! :pimp:

Thanks broseph! You're an Age Old user no? Thinkin i might give it another go in the coco for this next round. Would be nice if i could get it dialed, yields and ease of coco and organics...maybe...or i could just stick with what works. lol.

There's too much fire in here TG! My retinas are burned from all this eye candy... Now I've really got to wear shades... :cool

Lol, thanks broseph. I gotta do what I can to keep some variety poppin like you be doin!!!

Oh my god dude, that Stardawg is looking sick as hell bro, what week was she in there? Mine's looking fantastic, she's carved herself a natural area in the canopy so should be good.

Yeah homie she is most def cranking. Fire fo sho. Gonna yield nice too, under a screen with some more support and spread she will kill. Interested to see what she throws in a vert set-up. big chunkers. Oh and shes at about wk8 or slightly after.

D

DWkush

Heres a new bitch in the stable getting tested...Stardawg. This one is pure chemmy, skunky, stank. Nice thick nugs that i know will stank to all get out once chopped and doneski...

Looks a Chemdog #4 leaning pheno! Top Shelf!!

true grit

true grit

Well note to self...do not touch or brush against the stardawg during late flower. Big no no. Friends thought that something was burning for real and it was just the stardawg burnt tire skunk residue on my fingers...that stunk the whole spot up. lol.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

HotDamn bro, that is 1 heckuva of a stable this round, my bad every round is some new dank you knock out the park, U got neongreenthumb'z pimp, Peace SSP

C

COb

Thanks broseph! You're an Age Old user no? Thinkin i might give it another go in the coco for this next round. Would be nice if i could get it dialed, yields and ease of coco and organics...maybe...or i could just stick with what works. lol.

Nooooo haha. Can't go wrong with some dirt EJ, AO, and molasses. Nice work on the stardawg, a funky garden right there

F

Funkfingers

Killer show Gritty!! that stardawg looks like something serious...ballin son.

true grit

true grit

HotDamn bro, that is 1 heckuva of a stable this round, my bad every round is some new dank you knock out the park, U got neongreenthumb'z pimp, Peace SSP

Thanks brotha! Did find a few nice ones this go around. Next will be some clone onlys but thats still a good bit of veg away! lol. Thanks again tho bro!

Nooooo haha. Can't go wrong with some dirt EJ, AO, and molasses. Nice work on the stardawg, a funky garden right there

Yeah man, I was tempted to do some dirt again, but really like being able to re-use the coco and am pretty much done in by the beds...love them things. Love the regimen I'm on now, but if i could get Age Old dialed in coco things could theoretically be even easier and on top of that organic. Who knows may be a slow/hard transition. Yeah stardawgy is the funk!

Killer show Gritty!! that stardawg looks like something serious...ballin son.

Thanks brother man, yeah its a gem for sure and will stick around- cant wait to smoke her stanky ass. Wonder what else is in that pack! hehe...

That's some hot magma

Wordizzle skillet. Think the candy is still best smellin flame tho. need to peep this stardawg yo.

FROSTY! LOVING IT MAN!! keep it up!!

Muchos gracias and will do!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hey bud... Would it be possible to snap some shots of your coco beds on your next update? I'd really like to try either a soil or coco bed in the future after seeing GM and Obs straight slaying shit... Any thoughts about the pros and cons between the two mediums, your watering/feeding regiment, and procedure would be greatly appreciated... :cool

true grit

true grit

Hey bud... Would it be possible to snap some shots of your coco beds on your next update? I'd really like to try either a soil or coco bed in the future after seeing GM and Obs straight slaying shit... Any thoughts about the pros and cons between the two mediums, your watering/feeding regiment, and procedure would be greatly appreciated... :cool

Hey brother man! Yeah I'll jump in early tonite and snag a pic or two the candy bed thats about done. Looks stringy, but was the only way to get her to yield decently with some stretch.

So been doing coco for over a year now and can say i love the medium compared to soil...lot less little things to control vs. soil but i did enjoy being organic and ease of Age Old (im going to start trying to dial Age Old in coco soon). Then came the beds- and holy shit my life got way easier. In the smart pots I was pretty much having to either water daily or super soak (which i don't prefer). Didn't want to set up elaborate drip/floods/yada yada so set up 200g smart pot bed and saw the light. lol. Now im watering the bed every 2-3 days with 10-12g of feed. If I wanted to soak it, i could easily go 4-5 days between watering but i don't like water logging em them. I'm ordering the Ag T-Tape Obs recommended for the next run to make things simple. I'll be changning my set up design, but it will basically allow me to roll in a 20g trash can/res with nutes, turn on the pump and flood teh beds every 3-4 days. Currently hand watering isn't even bad compared to previously. I mean lets say you are running 8-9 smart pots and each is blowing up mid bloom, if ya don't have a reliable drip or something- you are a busy person- id like to think that keeps me much more on top of plants tho. lol.

Overall, do the smart pot beds if you run coco. Super easy, simple to water, retain water well in such a large volume of coco, plants are much much more vigorous with the expanded space for root growth etc...and easy to set up. Grab a 4x4 tray, cut down a 200g smart pot ($35) to 10-12", add 4-5 bags of coco and you are ready to rock for several runs. I'll probably try to replace coco around every 3rd run. Gonna be running diesels and shit so that means if flushed well each time, 1 bed will last most of the year before changing out coco. good stuff.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I really appreciate the info TG! I have a couple trays that I currently use for my DTW setup and my 2 or 3 gal smart pots... I use shims to get them to drain to one side. I saw Obs grated bed and while it's cool, I wonder if I can convert one of my trays to run a coco bed and whether I really need to line it with smartpot felt material or if I simply need to fill the grooves with chunky perlite for proper drainage... Also I've never ran pure coco, but rather a 1:1 coco:chunky perlite mix. I'm guessing you're running pure coco in the beds and watering between 5.8 and 6.0 pH? Do you water until the area around each plant is soaked or do you soak the entire bed until you get 10% runoff? :wondering

true grit

true grit

Yeah i like the smart pot idea cuz it fits inside the 4x4...otherwise you will be adding a bit more coco to the mix for the extra volume imo.

Oh yeah pure coco brother man! I used to do heavy perlite mixes in soil but found no need in coco unless you want to water more often. Since using drip clean i feed everytime and don't have any build ups etc.

I'm preferring the 5.7-5.85 range, i try to get it right around 5.8. And indeed, I decided not to water until run off as that would take some hella water. I'm just saturating the area around the plants and the capillary effect of straight coco evens it out. I also have moisture meters, so i can check and see how wet/dry things get if need be....

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx again for the response and details... I'm definitely gonna try the beds out and will follow your blueprints for success... :cool

true grit

true grit

So finally got around to running some cuts in a dinker tent run... not too bad for what it was. Used a year and half old 600w laying around adn things came out "ok". If it wasn't directly undre the light- yield sucked. these ladies came out solid regardless, but most the kush action suffered.

Here are a few Im just getting around to run.

First up is "the White". this girl surprised me. With some decent training this bitch could kill it. Nice and chunky.

DSCN2297
DSCN2299
DSCN2300

Latest posts

Top Bottom