Spider Farmer 600W LED or Mars Hydro TS 600W Full Spectrum LED?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Can’t knock the ts600, I absolutely love them. Big improvement from the old blurples
I have a SP-250 that is pretty nice I really like the size , 2 of them would fit great in my tent, but I was able to get 2 of the kingbrite with far red at the same price I would have got 1 mars light , same drivers ! Different diodes but SaMe drivers but if the sp was like at a $150 price point I might have considered it, others have had so much success with these it’s a no brainer for me.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah, I'm sure it would be enough. I have them dimmed down almost half 👍 ut I like having more than i need for a number of reasons. One being that it's easier on the equipment when I run them at 60 or 70% but also if something does happen to one, I'm not hooped 🤣

It also fits a square footprint better.
I was running 240 watts in 2x4 space It worked for sure , but upped yield and quality by added couple old blurple watts

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have an sf1000 and like it for my first. Have a 240w kingbrite on the way for flower then I’ll use the sf1000 dimmed for veg.

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Guys, because I'm in a really limited space at the moment - tent (2.6ftx1.47ftcmx2.6ft), I need something that is low on heat and particularly space conscious. Only growing one or two plants max, trained to keep low. Out of any of the lights mentioned would any be suitable for this or does anyone have any suggestions?

Tomkins2010

Tomkins2010

Look man straight up it's a matter of what ur trying to use it for. I have TS1000 and use it for early veg/seedlings/clones that have rooted. I couldn't be happier. There hundred you YouTube videos of dudes flowering and everything with it. First thing your gonna hear is how they don't have the Samsung diodes or Meanwell driver. And how u can get a QB with both of those for roughly same price. Which is all true.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I would probably do a 180 wAtt light for that area either a qb board or that TS model

Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm wondering if this would be enough considering my space?

It would do it fir sure but I personally feel you would get better results with a 180 for not much more money they might even offer it from that seller

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

It would do it fir sure but I personally feel you would get better results with a 180 for not much more money they might even offer it from that seller

Thanks Moshmen, I'm looking but it seems to jump up from 120w to 240w which might be a bit much? And for the area did you mean TS model as in the Mars Hydro?

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
because I'm in a really limited space at the moment - tent (2.6ftx1.47ftcmx2.6ft)
I'm looking but it seems to jump up from 120w to 240w which might be a bit much? And for the area did you mean TS model as in the Mars Hydro?
is enough, 150w, and perfect match your growing space is 2.6ftx1.47ft(about 40w/square ft). Also the SP thick heat sink for better cooling.
Check more details with this link:

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
@UrbanGardener ,I believe a rectangular light would be better for your growing area(2.64ftx1.47ft), SP series

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Kingbrite 240w quantum boards are pretty much the exact same light.
240w mean well drivers and lm301 chips. Kingbrite's heat sink is much nicer, and it is dimmable. All for only $105.

There are many of us running kingbrites now, not a single complaint.
Hope this helps man! 👍
Would a 240w kingbrite replace a 600w hps?

Top Bottom