Spider Farmer 600W LED or Mars Hydro TS 600W Full Spectrum LED?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
mine you guys i blame most of my light opinions on @FourthCity and a few other guys around here that know their shit and tried and tried to save me time and money... i never thought i would be on this side on the fence. i'll let y'all know when i sell off the last of SF lights :)

Brofessor

Brofessor

What's the consensus of the choice brand of lights to be jumping on like James Brown on the down beat?

Glassdub

Glassdub

I have a had a few nanners and picked. I am running similar to SF. I think the trick is with LED's is they need to be at least double what you veg. I have about halp p per plant under LED but stacking has slowed quite a bit after flush. So ultimately the cost is more if you are looking for a superior flower finish. I ran LED's veg and flower with same intensity. It worked out but see where I have lost growth. I would say only because I use them is the LED's are a no brainer to get setup. Veg good, flower be prepared to buy more. I would honestly save your money and veg them until you can afford a much better yielding light for flower. I assure you that your girls will pray for you : )
It became obvious, with my space & coverage that this was the case when it came to flipping time.

Glassdub

Glassdub

but they were cute !! otherwise just rebranded factory stuff like SF or KB etc i still stand by the belief that even the unbranded one i have off ebay is the same light as a SF 2000 except mine as a crudely wired dimmer wired mounted. i contacted a chinese light company once and the min order for my logo was 10 lights.. do with that what you will. also have they ran any real test on the hoods they have added? i ask because most companies have seen the fallacy of them.
One thing most of these "unbranded" Chinese vendors have in common, from lights to HD set top boxes, is their persistence in spamming, I made up a mock up order from Kingbrite & now I get constant mails from them to "reply in a timely manner to avoid missing business opportunities", I guess its their version of high pressure sales that just inspires me to never do business with them. On the other hand Eco Farm not responding to basic warranty questions is also not good.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
What's the consensus of the choice brand of lights to be jumping on like James Brown on the down beat?

these are some i considered and settled on the timber's

chinacat420

chinacat420

I'm picking up a SF 2000 this fall. My friend swears by them. I've seen his ladies and they look very happy.
Friendly bit of advice: get two SF1000s if you are going with this brand. Got my lights end of May, used less than 2 months. Plants in 4th week of flowering, one light didn’t turn on at the scheduled time last Thursday, driver is defective. Luckily I have the second light, although inadequate for my 2’x4’ tent. Still waiting on new driver to arrive, it’s coming from their US-based warehouse in Los Angeles; customer service very slow with SF since they are based in China and emails are sent at 2am. I had to buy another light in the meantime to keep the girls going. That said, my girls do look great, starting to get a lot of sugar on the developing buds. If I had it to do over, I wouldn’t have bought SFs. Good luck with your grow!

chinacat420

chinacat420

Anyone have experience with either or both? Opinions / comments?

Thanks!
I actually have both right now. I originally bought two SF1000s for my 2’x4’ tent. Received them end of May. The girls are doing great, started 4th week of flowering last week. However, on Thursday, one of the lights didn’t turn on at its scheduled time; defective driver. So glad I had the foresight to get two SF1000s vs one SF2000. SF customer service is slow, communicate only by email, emails sent at 2am since they are based in China. They are sending me a new driver from their warehouse in Los Angeles, which is still sitting at the post office at the time of this posting. I ended up getting the Mars Hydro TS600 from Amazon for $80 (and delivery in 3 days) b/c the one SF1000 is totally inadequate by itself for my size of tent, and who knows when the new driver will show up. The TS600 arrived today. While it doesn’t look like it’s as “well made“ as the SF1000 (but it was almost 50% cheaper), it is very bright and I have some confidence that it will do the job. If I get two grows out of the TS600, I’ll be happy. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn’t have bought the SF1000s (or the TS600, cuz I wouldn’t have needed it as a backup), I would have spent a little more for a better quality light from a company with a proven track record and a great customer service rating. My only consolation was that I used part of my stimulus check for the lights so I don’t feel like it’s my money I wasted as much as it was Uncle Sam’s. Good luck with whatever lights you go with!

dire wolf

dire wolf

I actually have both right now. I originally bought two SF1000s for my 2’x4’ tent. Received them end of May. The girls are doing great, started 4th week of flowering last week. However, on Thursday, one of the lights didn’t turn on at its scheduled time; defective driver. So glad I had the foresight to get two SF1000s vs one SF2000. SF customer service is slow, communicate only by email, emails sent at 2am since they are based in China. They are sending me a new driver from their warehouse in Los Angeles, which is still sitting at the post office at the time of this posting. I ended up getting the Mars Hydro TS600 from Amazon for $80 (and delivery in 3 days) b/c the one SF1000 is totally inadequate by itself for my size of tent, and who knows when the new driver will show up. The TS600 arrived today. While it doesn’t look like it’s as “well made“ as the SF1000 (but it was almost 50% cheaper), it is very bright and I have some confidence that it will do the job. If I get two grows out of the TS600, I’ll be happy. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn’t have bought the SF1000s (or the TS600, cuz I wouldn’t have needed it as a backup), I would have spent a little more for a better quality light from a company with a proven track record and a great customer service rating. My only consolation was that I used part of my stimulus check for the lights so I don’t feel like it’s my money I wasted as much as it was Uncle Sam’s. Good luck with whatever lights you go with!
Yo China , you think we'll ever see a dead show again !

chinacat420

chinacat420

Yo China , you think we'll ever see a dead show again !
I dunno! with no end in sight for this damn pandemic, it’s worrisome that we might not! Bobby and the boyz aren’t getting any younger...

dire wolf

dire wolf

I dunno! with no end in sight for this damn pandemic, it’s worrisome that we might not! Bobby and the boyz aren’t getting any younger...
true...
Oh well , at least Jerry didn't have to see this crap ....

Glassdub

Glassdub

Friendly bit of advice: get two SF1000s if you are going with this brand. Got my lights end of May, used less than 2 months. Plants in 4th week of flowering, one light didn’t turn on at the scheduled time last Thursday, driver is defective. Luckily I have the second light, although inadequate for my 2’x4’ tent. Still waiting on new driver to arrive, it’s coming from their US-based warehouse in Los Angeles; customer service very slow with SF since they are based in China and emails are sent at 2am. I had to buy another light in the meantime to keep the girls going. That said, my girls do look great, starting to get a lot of sugar on the developing buds. If I had it to do over, I wouldn’t have bought SFs. Good luck with your grow!
Actually 2 SF2000 (or one SF4000) to cover 3"x4" to flower.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You get what u pay for, if your gonna buy a Chinese light make shure it's 2 cycle, i bought a 600w viperspecta reflector 2 cycle, i can honestly say its a good veg light, but for flowering i have a CLW cob bloom booster.

Top Bottom