Spider Farmer LED Grow

matthewearl

matthewearl

Do you occasionally update the configuration of these units? You ever considered making a "commercial" series and running two different lines?
I asked them to sponsor me a while ago with a commercial line when I decided to start with LED. Sadly they said no. I run a lab here in California and a youtube channel. I told them to make a bar config and they said "can't yet" or something to that effect. I got other light manufacturers set to light up my labs. TSL Horti Tech with their Growers Choice ROI-e720 series are what's currently set up. They are running a couple closed trial tests on the next few harvests. If you want to give it a another go SF then contact me. I got good results with your lights but I am sure with a few changes it could be much better.
IMG 1892
IMG 1918

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I asked them to sponsor me a while ago with a commercial line when I decided to start with LED. Sadly they said no. I run a lab here in California and a youtube channel. I told them to make a bar config and they said "can't yet" or something to that effect. I got other light manufacturers set to light up my labs. TSL Horti Tech with their Growers Choice ROI-e720 series are what's currently set up. They are running a couple closed trial tests on the next few harvests. If you want to give it a another go SF then contact me. I got good results with your lights but I am sure with a few changes it could be much better.
View attachment 1030951View attachment 1030952

Thanks man, I should have come to you and built my idea around your system, you could have probably given me the technical advice and helped me integrate the extra diodes. I'm sure it would work on your system as well. I'm just so crunched for space, and heat being an issue, I really wanted to spread a big ppfd (for penetration) and won't need to run this as hard as I would with less diodes. (1848@321w)x2 My spread should be good, and the spectrum should be amazing, so I'm excited. Time to find these other sets a new home, I've got plenty of friends that will probably want them.

I think from here on out, I'll probably be doing custom units for myself, I think. This is definitely something well worth learning, I've been building computer now for over 20 years. The boards and divers, heat syncs are very similar in much respect. My current computer I'm on is running 5Gh with water-cooling and fast video, even my video has separate water-cooling on this rig.

I like tinkering with electronics. I used to be a navy ordnanceman, so I've tinkered with electronics on bombs and missiles too, on aircraft. I suspect maybe you could carry the strips yourself and make it a custom offering, (just need the heatsyncs and bar stock) would be interesting for sure. The key is making sure your moving inventory, with products like this, you don't want to be holding a lot of product on hand.

IMG 20200915 031132
matthewearl

matthewearl

Thanks man, I should have come to you and built my idea around your system, you could have probably given me the technical advice and helped me integrate the extra diodes. I'm sure it would work on your system as well. I'm just so crunched for space, and heat being an issue, I really wanted to spread a big ppfd (for penetration) and won't need to run this as hard as I would with less diodes. (1848@321w)x2 My spread should be good, and the spectrum should be amazing, so I'm excited. Time to find these other sets a new home, I've got plenty of friends that will probably want them.

I think from here on out, I'll probably be doing custom units for myself, I think. This is definitely something well worth learning, I've been building computer now for over 20 years. The boards and divers, heat syncs are very similar in much respect. My current computer I'm on is running 5Gh with water-cooling and fast video, even my video has separate water-cooling on this rig.

I like tinkering with electronics. I used to be a navy ordnanceman, so I've tinkered with electronics on bombs and missiles too, on aircraft. I suspect maybe you could carry the strips yourself and make it a custom offering, (just need the heatsyncs and bar stock) would be interesting for sure. The key is making sure your moving inventory, with products like this, you don't want to be holding a lot of product on hand.
Anytime anyone needs help let me know. Got decades under my belt.

matthewearl

matthewearl

GOOD JOB YOU MAKE NICE PLANT
thanks lol. someone nominate the first picture for bud of the month. i can't make my own entries. thanks.
Strain is Alpine Passionfruit F2 from Colorado. From seed. My buddy's genetics. If anyone wants to trade beans or cross-breed some strains, let me know.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
"commercial" series, good idea, we will take about it🤔
Yea, I mean it makes sense actually, you've already got lots of credibility and your an American distributor (I believe) and if you came out with a unit that had twice or 3x the diodes, had incredible ppfd and unchallenged penetration, I believe you would eclipse all the units selling in the 1000-1200 range, as there's really nothing out there besides the Gavita unit out there right now.

It might not be a huge seller at first, but I think there's a lot of people that are crunched for space. The lower heat consumption, optimum μmol/per watt, overall longevity of the units, it's ripe for someone to make a unit that's more cost effective in this bracket, I believe.

The one's I see on Ebay are $2K, from what I see, and others that are somewhat lower (probably wouldn't trust buying, TBH). Say this at the websites:
Order Due to very high demand, this product ships mid October

So there's definitely a market for high end lights.

matthewearl

matthewearl

Yea, I mean it makes sense actually, you've already got lots of credibility and your an American distributor (I believe) and if you came out with a unit that had twice or 3x the diodes, had incredible ppfd and unchallenged penetration, I believe you would eclipse all the units selling in the 1000-1200 range, as there's really nothing out there besides the Gavita unit out there right now.

It might not be a huge seller at first, but I think there's a lot of people that are crunched for space. The lower heat consumption, optimum μmol/per watt, overall longevity of the units, it's ripe for someone to make a unit that's more cost effective in this bracket, I believe.

The one's I see on Ebay are $2K, from what I see, and others that are somewhat lower (probably wouldn't trust buying, TBH). Say this at the websites:
Order Due to very high demand, this product ships mid October

So there's definitely a market for high end lights.
I just saw my local hydro store with 500 Gavita 1700 units sold. I know for sure the Growers Choice is a much better light and I am glad no one is using it. I feel special.

matthewearl

matthewearl

How to identify fake and real spider farmer & samsung led-Buyers Beware! 🧐
To be honest, none of these products claim to be Spider Farmer lights. They are just inexpensive Samsung-based boards similar to what you sell. They have the non-trademarked name of sfxxxx in the description and maybe spider but they are not claiming to be your product anywhere as I see. Since you are the most popular Chinese brand for consumer lights here in the US, they use your products as a springboard. Kind of sucks when people copy your stuff doesn't it? Too bad China has no copyright laws and this stuff happens. Move your manufacturing plant to the US and this won't happen as easily.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

To be honest, none of these products claim to be Spider Farmer lights. They are just inexpensive Samsung-based boards similar to what you sell. They have the non-trademarked name of sfxxxx in the description and maybe spider but they are not claiming to be your product anywhere as I see. Since you are the most popular Chinese brand for consumer lights here in the US, they use your products as a springboard. Kind of sucks when people copy your stuff doesn't it? Too bad China has no copyright laws and this stuff happens. Move your manufacturing plant to the US and this can't happen easily.
Lol, it’s not like they produced the “Samsung” LED bro. Putting a few Leds and soldering wires and throwing a few power modules On a piece of metal is something I doubt they have Ownership or trademarks or patents on the product design so I doubt it’s that great to want to copy.

Mrgreendab1

Mrgreendab1

Hi Everyone,

We are Spider Farmer manufacturer, engaged in indoor grow equipments: LED GROW LIGHT, GROW TENT and other grow kits.
We have global warehouse - Located in USA,Canada,Germany,UK,Europe,Australia,Russia, worldwide shipping available.
We have professional team - R&D, production, sales, service. You can order and use our products with complete confidence.

Our main products:

Led Grow Light

SF1000 SF2000 SF4000
  • Samsung LM30lB diodes
  • Meanwell driver
  • Full spectrum with IR
  • Dimmer knob
  • Multi-connect function
  • Energy saving

Indoor Grow Tent
  • 600D thick canvas
  • High reflective mylar
  • Steel frame
  • Removable and waterproof floor tray
  • 5 sizes available

Full Grow Kits
  • SF light and tent
  • Thermo-hygrometer
  • Carbon filter
  • Fan
  • Flue pipe
  • Grow bags, timer, yoyo hangers

Glad to join THCfarmer and meet you all here. Welcome to freely express your opinions about our products or growing below.
Let's learn and grow together!😄
I am looking very much forward to getting the 2x4 kit. I do wish there were a 3x3 or 4x4 kit even! Just waiting for the funds to be available. I have tried to find info on the fan that comes in the kit but am unable to do so. The photos look like a white ac infinity??. ✌🏼

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To be honest, none of these products claim to be Spider Farmer lights. They are just inexpensive Samsung-based boards similar to what you sell. They have the non-trademarked name of sfxxxx in the description and maybe spider but they are not claiming to be your product anywhere as I see. Since you are the most popular Chinese brand for consumer lights here in the US, they use your products as a springboard. Kind of sucks when people copy your stuff doesn't it? Too bad China has no copyright laws and this stuff happens. Move your manufacturing plant to the US and this won't happen as easily.

Spider farmer is just a knock off from meihzi. Of HLG.

matthewearl

matthewearl

I am looking very much forward to getting the 2x4 kit. I do wish there were a 3x3 or 4x4 kit even! Just waiting for the funds to be available. I have tried to find info on the fan that comes in the kit but am unable to do so. The photos look like a white ac infinity??. ✌🏼
I HIGHLY doubt that is a DC ac infinity. I sponsor the AC Infinity line. It is most likely a rip off of the chassis and AC volt driven fan. If it is DC I would be very surprised.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
true and you still give elg xlg shit meanwell driver 22$ shit heat sink 12$ hlg driver price 54$ good heat sink 20$ so if you give the best i will never never call you liar i have also china friends
But how does that prove that SF is sourcing from Mars? Doesn't that just mean both companies are probably sourcing hardware from a common manufacturer or supplier???

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But how does that prove that SF is sourcing from Mars? Doesn't that just mean both companies are probably sourcing hardware from a common manufacturer or supplier???

This has been discussed and proven already but Spider Farmer is not a Mars company. They are another brand from Meihzi. And hiding that fact as hard as they can.

Top Bottom