Spider Farmer LED Grow

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This looks like their response to the viparspectra light selling like hotcakes on Amazon right now. No name driver, no dimmer, looks like less diodes and the same price point...🤔 All the things that made their other lights a better value imo. The dimmer alone is worth the price of admission on an original 1000 if you have a tiny tent to work with.
That being said, what @Frankster mentioned about filling voids etc sounds like a great idea. If this was going to be my "main" light? Pass.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Hey spider, i bought an sf 1000 bc it is very light, my viperspectra weighs 10lbs, i grow autoflowers only, the light im running now is a 600w 2 cycle veg and bloom, so i run my autos in veg with bloom turned off, so thel ight is emittingcold blue, i do have a California light works cob ,
bloom booster so once my autos stop growing vertical and are in full flower i flush out add bloom nutrients then turn on my booster and flip on the bloom switch on my viperspectra and flip off the veg switch, both lights in the same tent but the booster is off till i need it and only grow 1 strain at a time this works out awsome, the problem is the viperspectra while a great light hangs to low and sometimes my plants outgrow there light, so i figured that the sf being so light i can raise it much higher, what i do not understand is how you use the light in bloom? In other words i use blue light for veg only then when it's time to bloom or enhance my flower i turn off the blue and turn on the red or bloom feature, im no electrition but from what i read the light is full spec so in veg there are 3 colors of light running at same time, blue red and iridescent so if i run my autos in veg useing blue light only how are the plants supposed to grow bc there is not just blue but 3 different colors, i understand this does not matter with photoperid plants bc the light is imitating the sun so when u want to bloom u cut the light cycle, autos do not run this way! they flower with time not photoperid so you do not cut the cycle and if there is red light while im in veg im thinking it may force my autos to flower prematurely? Autos do not do very well outdoors and the yield is less, you probably think im an idiot but you dont learn if you dont ask questions, i thought the light had a dial so when you start your grow the dial is at zero and the light is emitting blue light and as the plant grows you turn the dial and the light changes as your plant grows, in other words i thought 1 end of the dial was blue and the other end is red and white or rather bloom, this is only a dimmer dial, so the whole light is full spec and you cant run just blue for veg and then turn to red when it's time to flower, i have heard of people running there viperspectra in 2 cycles thru there whole grow but when autos are veging pure cold blue is what they need and i run 1 cycle blue till the plant is ready to be flowerd, got it?maybe autos do worse outside bc there delacit and exposed to the elements so did i piss away my cash? I could throw the light in a closet and grow 1 or 2 photoperid plants but what im really asking will the light force my autos to flower prematurely bc it is full spec? i think that is why autos do poorly outside the sun being full spec forces autoflowers to flower prematurely bc there is allways some red in the sun and it increases as the sseason ends setting earlyer and earler with more and more red this makes photoperid plants flower. So what im saying will a full spec light affect the growth of an auto and or force it to flower prematurely? Please respond.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Hey spider, i bought an sf 1000 bc it is very light, my viperspectra weighs 10lbs, i grow autoflowers only, the light im running now is a 600w 2 cycle veg and bloom, so i run my autos in veg with bloom turned off, so thel ight is emittingcold blue, i do have a California light works cob ,
bloom booster so once my autos stop growing vertical and are in full flower i flush out add bloom nutrients then turn on my booster and flip on the bloom switch on my viperspectra and flip off the veg switch, both lights in the same tent but the booster is off till i need it and only grow 1 strain at a time this works out awsome, the problem is the viperspectra while a great light hangs to low and sometimes my plants outgrow there light, so i figured that the sf being so light i can raise it much higher, what i do not understand is how you use the light in bloom? In other words i use blue light for veg only then when it's time to bloom or enhance my flower i turn off the blue and turn on the red or bloom feature, im no electrition but from what i read the light is full spec so in veg there are 3 colors of light running at same time, blue red and iridescent so if i run my autos in veg useing blue light only how are the plants supposed to grow bc there is not just blue but 3 different colors, i understand this does not matter with photoperid plants bc the light is imitating the sun so when u want to bloom u cut the light cycle, autos do not run this way! they flower with time not photoperid so you do not cut the cycle and if there is red light while im in veg im thinking it may force my autos to flower prematurely? Autos do not do very well outdoors and the yield is less, you probably think im an idiot but you dont learn if you dont ask questions, i thought the light had a dial so when you start your grow the dial is at zero and the light is emitting blue light and as the plant grows you turn the dial and the light changes as your plant grows, in other words i thought 1 end of the dial was blue and the other end is red and white or rather bloom, this is only a dimmer dial, so the whole light is full spec and you cant run just blue for veg and then turn to red when it's time to flower, i have heard of people running there viperspectra in 2 cycles thru there whole grow but when autos are veging pure cold blue is what they need and i run 1 cycle blue till the plant is ready to be flowerd, got it?maybe autos do worse outside bc there delacit and exposed to the elements so did i piss away my cash? I could throw the light in a closet and grow 1 or 2 photoperid plants but what im really asking will the light force my autos to flower prematurely bc it is full spec? i think that is why autos do poorly outside the sun being full spec forces autoflowers to flower prematurely bc there is allways some red in the sun and it increases as the sseason ends setting earlyer and earler with more and more red this makes photoperid plants flower. So what im saying will a full spec light affect the growth of an auto and or force it to flower prematurely? Please respond.
TLDR...but did enough to let you know that the color spectrum of your light is not affecting when your autos are flowering. And I thought I got too deep into this shit sometimes...whew 🤷‍♂️

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

TLDR...but did enough to let you know that the color spectrum of your light is not affecting when your autos are flowering. And I thought I got too deep into this shit sometimes...whew 🤷‍♂️
Will u please answer my question? Will a full spec light force an autoflower to flower early or affect yield i did not read all 48 pages of this massive thread, i tried to call company, i e mailed them twice with no response i will refuse delivery of light if i cant get a straight answer from someone, your light is imitating the sun, autos do worse outdoors and yield is smaller, i bealive this is due to the fact that natural sunlight force's an auto to flower earlier bc of the spectrum autoflowers are 2 different animals and are not run the same, i may be confused about growlights but i do know autos and there is no dispute about that!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Will u please answer my question? Will a full spec light force an autoflower to flower early or affect yield i did not read all 48 pages of this massive thread, i tried to call company, i e mailed them twice with no response i will refuse delivery of light if i cant get a straight answer from someone, your light is imitating the sun, autos do worse outdoors and yield is smaller, i bealive this is due to the fact that natural sunlight force's an auto to flower earlier bc of the spectrum autoflowers are 2 different animals and are not run the same, i may be confused about growlights but i do know autos and there is no dispute about that!
Links please
My plants may be pushed right to limit with lighting right now so not very pretty - but I know the spectrum will not affect the flower timing - intensity trumps spectrum every time- the reds /blues controls stretch/node spacing ect and trich production -
Newer higher quality lights have no veg/bloom switches - it’s all marketing

Cracken

Cracken

that is simple, the sun only shines for a set number of hours a day. Inside you are running your light for longer then the sun shines outside. also more blue spectrum will cause smaller cell structure and more red, sepecially far red will cause larger cell structure and bigger leaves and plant structure. Have you tried growing Autos at different times of the year outside? As for forcing an autoflower to flower early...... genetics of the plant control when it starts to make flowers, unless you give it only 4 hours of light a day, then maybe it will flower earlier, and that is just a guess.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
that is simple, the sun only shines for a set number of hours a day. Inside you are running your light for longer then the sun shines outside. also more blue spectrum will cause smaller cell structure and more red, sepecially far red will cause larger cell structure and bigger leaves and plant structure. Have you tried growing Autos at different times of the year outside? As for forcing an autoflower to flower early...... genetics of the plant control when it starts to make flowers, unless you give it only 4 hours of light a day, then maybe it will flower earlier, and that is just a guess.

Unless the strain is a weak auto and when you take it outside, you get stuck there for 6 months... waiting for the seasons to change.

Who asked this crazy question anyway? Isn't the whole point so that you can get them up and out faster? Why flower them early?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

This is what im trying to say, i have a 600w 2 cycle led, i run my autos under blue only untill there fully grown ie plants topped and will no longer grow vertical and in full flower, flush plants add bloom nutrients then run them under red only to enhance flower got it? So before i switch to bloom plants are fully grown under blue light only and in bloom i am enhanceing the flower with red only, what i am worried about is light is full spec imitating natural sunlight, so with this light i am unable to grow my autos with blue only, autos do not run as well outdoors and yields are even smaller, i believe this is due to the sun as outdoors it is impossible to run your autos under just blue light, with photoperid plants this does not matter bc nature does the work, with a photoperid plant the plant recieves full spec from the sun, were im at we get about a bit over 14 hours of sunlight on logest day of year, from then on the days grow shorter and at the end the natural sunlight has allot of red+ other colors but mostly red and the days have shortened allowing the plant to have hormonal changes that induces flowering, i grew photoperid plants outdoors for over 30 years, autos are not photoperid plants and like blue light in veg this is impossible with this light bc you cant run just blue, once the auto is done growing vertical the light would probably be a good flower light but i have 2 all red flower lights, you may think im an idiot but you do not run autos the same way as photoperid plants and under natural sunlight yield is much less this is a fact another fact is this light is imitating natural sunlight and autos yeild much less outdoors this is a fact, i guess i could put light in closet and run a few photoperid plants that would work, but i do not bealive i would get the same results i am now growing autoflowers the way i have for the past 9 and a half years, maybe ill sell it, maybe ill keep it, $159 is no skin off my back and do not wish to argue the point further bc pics speak a thousand words, pics Skywalker auto by Methisto at 56 days from sprouts, i stared to enhance my flower 6 days ago and you cannot argue with results or my grow method: peace!

20201115 070439
20201115 081621
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is what im trying to say, i have a 600w 2 cycle led, i run my autos under blue only untill there fully grown ie plants topped and will no longer grow vertical and in full flower, flush plants add bloom nutrients then run them under red only to enhance flower got it? So before i switch to bloom plants are fully grown under blue light only and in bloom i am enhanceing the flower with red only, what i am worried about is light is full spec imitating natural sunlight, so with this light i am unable to grow my autos with blue only, autos do not run as well outdoors and yields are even smaller, i believe this is due to the sun as outdoors it is impossible to run your autos under just blue light, with photoperid plants this does not matter bc nature does the work, with a photoperid plant the plant recieves full spec from the sun, were im at we get about a bit over 14 hours of sunlight on logest day of year, from then on the days grow shorter and at the end the natural sunlight has allot of red+ other colors but mostly red and the days have shortened allowing the plant to have hormonal changes that induces flowering, i grew photoperid plants outdoors for over 30 years, autos are not photoperid plants and like blue light in veg this is impossible with this light bc you cant run just blue, once the auto is done growing vertical the light would probably be a good flower light but i have 2 all red flower lights, you may think im an idiot but you do not run autos the same way as photoperid plants and under natural sunlight yield is much less this is a fact another fact is this light is imitating natural sunlight and autos yeild much less outdoors this is a fact, i guess i could put light in closet and run a few photoperid plants that would work, but i do not bealive i would get the same results i am now growing autoflowers the way i have for the past 9 and a half years, maybe ill sell it, maybe ill keep it, $159 is no skin off my back and do not wish to argue the point further bc pics speak a thousand words, pics Skywalker auto by Methisto at 56 days from sprouts, i stared to enhance my flower 6 days ago and you cannot argue with results or my grow method: peace!
I think every time you say this is "a fact" you might want to edit it to say "this is my opinion"... the things you are calling facts are just not true, unless you'd like to start dropping some links to this new info. The entire state of Oregon might be interested to know that autos don't grow well outside

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Bro... I can argue anything lol! I'm a cranky old ass hippie too.

Your methods are your methods. The breeder you are growing has some of the best auto strains in existence btw.

Here some 6ft outside autos. Yields were alright. Scary thinking about trying Mark's autos inside though...

The short ones are photos lol!!! Stunting experiment.

20201025 070427
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

Your methods are your methods. The breeder you are growing has some of the best auto strains in existence btw.

Here some 6ft outside autos. Yields were alright. Scary thinking about trying Mark's autos inside though...

A lot of the big corporate money is being funnelled into breeding auto hemp right now for giant million seed plantings so multiple crops per year can be accomplished. That's not happening indoors. I'm pretty sure they're banking on natural sunlight too. 🌞🌱

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Those taller ones are auto's hippy? what kind?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Dude, i'm telling you, that little 1000's going to perform just like the luggy 2000 or 3000 series you got with that viperspectra, it's that much more efficient. The lights are good to go for bloom, just bring your light down on the plant about 2 foot or so., maybe download the light meter lumen detector app and install on your phone, dial it in to 30,000 LM then go up from there. After she's settled in, get it dialed again @ 55-65,000 LM and cook.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Those taller ones are auto's hippy? what kind?

This is the side of Mark from Strainly's stuff that I cant stand cause they SUCK. His photos are really good though.

Purple Headband
Green Headband
Monster Kush

Those are the three auto strains in the pic. Their harvest is on my perpetual thread. Their veg is on mine and BSGs old grow off thread.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is the side of Mark from Strainly's stuff that I cant stand cause they SUCK. His photos are really good though.

Purple Headband
Green Headband
Monster Kush

Those are the three auto strains in the pic. Their harvest is on my perpetual thread. Their veg is on mine and BSGs old grow off thread.

Well there in flower there, do you happen to recall what day they started flowering after the seed popped? Do you remember the veg time to the day, and the flowering times?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Dude, i'm telling you, that little 1000's going to perform just like the luggy 2000 or 3000 series you got with that viperspectra, it's that much more efficient. The lights are good to go for bloom, just bring your light down on the plant about 2 foot or so., maybe download the light meter lumen detector app and install on your phone, dial it in to 30,000 LM then go up from there. After she's settled in, get it dialed again @ 55-65,000 LM and cook.

Hey hey hey Mr Frank!!! Watch it about Viparspectra sir. Their P2000 and P2500 are making my inside veg and flower areas ROCK it. They are amazing. But he must be running a different series than I am because I cant turn off red and blue. Just 40% to 100% dimmer thing.

You know what? It would be nice to see a strain that pukes out waves of frost under marginal sunlight. That way even someone running CFLs could put out frosty dank nugs. Just a thought...

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey hey hey Mr Frank!!! Watch it about Viparspectra sir. Their P2000 and P2500 are making my inside veg and flower areas ROCK it. They are amazing. But he must be running a different series than I am because I cant turn off red and blue. Just 40% to 100% dimmer thing.

You know what? It would be nice to see a strain that pukes out waves of frost under marginal sunlight. That way even someone running CFLs could put out frosty dank nugs. Just a thought...
Yea, I've got some Best VA's that do pretty good too, just the footprints aren't huge like my new LM301H units.

My 4000 is 590 w unit, and has full spectrum, but it's a burple color, not quite as purple as the roleadero's units before them. But my new stuff is "normal" light, and 3-4x the footprint at the same wattage, so it's a pretty big step forward, especially if you got any of the H series diodes, I think.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Well there in flower there, do you happen to recall what day they started flowering after the seed popped? Do you remember the veg time to the day, and the flowering times?
Oh hell no lol! I'm sure I could recreate it by going through my old notes here. I think initially I had them under 18/6. But they didnt height restrict themselves in bonsai containers and their stalks bulked up from the get like tree trunks. Knew I was in trouble. So i tossed them into 5 gal grow bags and tossed them outside. They were on natural light. And that time of year would have been 13.5 through 12 hours of light daily. They got fed like the rest and that happened. I'll end up giving away the rest of the seeds. I'm not running them again. I think I've got 4 or 5 of each of 8 strains of the stuff.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oh hell no lol! I'm sure I could recreate it by going through my old notes here. I think initially I had them under 18/6. But they didnt height restrict themselves in bonsai containers and their stalks bulked up from the get like tree trunks. Knew I was in trouble. So i tossed them into 5 gal grow bags and tossed them outside. They were on natural light. And that time of year would have been 13.5 through 12 hours of light daily. They got fed like the rest and that happened. I'll end up giving away the rest of the seeds. I'm not running them again. I think I've got 4 or 5 of each of 8 strains of the stuff.
well what to expect when that kind of sunlight, probably under 30,000 lm as well. That's where your strechy came from, I suspect. When your getting 15-16++ hrs a day your intensity (during peak light) is much more, and longer. That's why I want to do the auto thing, because if they are timed with the summer equinox, they will get perfect sun. Especially in a wooded area like that, having the most intense light of the year, right during flower.

But the genetics has to be good.

Top Bottom