Spider Farmer LED Grow

Bryan_

Bryan_

I'm doing my first grow with a sf4000 and have seen some conflicting information for the seedlings phase, four plants in a 4x4. I'm currently following the instructions in the manual but have read on here that 24" at full power is too much light? Any suggestions for someone without a lux meter?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm doing my first grow with a sf4000 and have seen some conflicting information for the seedlings phase, four plants in a 4x4. I'm currently following the instructions in the manual but have read on here that 24" at full power is too much light? Any suggestions for someone without a lux meter?
Do you own a decent, recent smart phone, preferably an iPhone? If so you own a lux meter.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I've got a pixel 2, would that give me a reliable reading?
Not too sure mate I'm an iPhone man. Generally speaking the lux meter you will get for Android is not as reliable as the photone app for iPhone, but you can check the PAR tests on Migrow to compare whatever app you get for accuracy against a professional light meter. This will allow you to adjust whatever the app shows you to get a true measure :).

Bryan_

Bryan_

Not too sure mate I'm an iPhone man. Generally speaking the lux meter you will get for Android is not as reliable as the photone app for iPhone, but you can check the PAR tests on Migrow to compare whatever app you get for accuracy against a professional light meter. This will allow you to adjust whatever the app shows you to get a true measure :).
Ok, really appreciate the tips.

The lux meter I used showed 12k at 24" at 5% of the light, I'll update this number if I find something different.

Bryan_

Bryan_

Thanks, this is what I was looking for from the manufacturer. I bought mine off amazon and the settings weren't shown there.

I can't edit posts for some reason so I'll update my android lux meter results here:

I used four lux meter apps:
Tent Buddy, PPFD & a random free lux meter were all very similar at 12k at 24" on 5%
Photone Beta the one that is good for Iphones gave me 8k at 24" on 5%

Overall, I bumped the light up to 40%. I should buy a lux meter.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Top Bottom