Spider Farmer LED Grow

AceIsWin

AceIsWin

What's off exactly? I see one that's got a thicker conformal coating, and different versions EO5 and EO4. Look virtually identical.
spit it out; or are we suppose to guess. lol.
I bought a SpiderFarmer SE-5000 and got some Frankenstein monster with 3 SF branded LED and 3 Mars branded LED. I'm 99% sure I just got sent a fake SE-5000 or a rebranded FC4800. Also a bunch of diodes look very rough

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I bought a SpiderFarmer SE-5000 and got some Frankenstein monster with 3 SF branded LED and 3 Mars branded LED. I'm 99% sure I just got sent a fake SE-5000 or a rebranded FC4800. Also a bunch of diodes look very rough
Did you fire it up and look at the diodes? I wouldn't read anything into the the thicker conformal coating; I would count that as a plus, actually. If there all Samsung LM301B or whatever; all of them are pretty much going to look the same, as they all come off the same assembly lines. duh.

Looks like those sf and mar's logo's are printed on there by samsung, (that's kind of interesting), by the looks of it. Bottom line, all those LM301B diodes are exactly the same, doesn't matter if they were made last year, or today. It's the same design spec, so what really matters here is the warranty coverage. How long, and how reliable...

I can testify that I've had a burnt out sf light, and had zero problems with return. Easy response; although the support was overseas, but seemed professional. In fact; I wasn't even asked for the burnt light back, just actual proof that it went caput. I was admittedly somewhat responsible, and they still replaced it. So I don't get what your trying to imply here. Maybe a bit on the paranoid side today?😵

I get that way too sometimes.🥴

Last edited:
AceIsWin

AceIsWin

That's also the old style SE5000 btw. The new one has different connections.

Reach out to @SpiderFarmerLED here and they will help you out. No need to go through Scamazon.
I got in contact with the Amazon seller they told me the PCB for mars and SF led bars come from one factory and that's why the mistake. I was totally spun out when I opened the box and see a mix of brands and since I could find 0 results besides something about fake LEDs I assumed the worst. Already lined up a return with Amazon support so sending it back for a refund and with Black Friday sales I can get a cheaper one.

AceIsWin

AceIsWin

Did you fire it up and look at the diodes? I wouldn't read anything into the the thicker conformal coating; I would count that as a plus, actually. If there all Samsung LM301B or whatever; all of them are pretty much going to look the same, as they all come off the same assembly lines. duh.

Looks like those sf and mar's logo's are printed on there by samsung, (that's kind of interesting), by the looks of it. Bottom line, all those LM301B diodes are exactly the same, doesn't matter if they were made last year, or today. It's the same design spec, so what really matters here is the warranty coverage. How long, and how reliable...

I can testify that I've had a burnt out sf light, and had zero problems with return. Easy response; although the support was overseas, but seemed professional. In fact; I wasn't even asked for the burnt light back, just actual proof that it went caput. I was admittedly somewhat responsible, and they still replaced it. So I don't get what your trying to imply here. Maybe a bit on the paranoid side today?😵

I get that way too sometimes.🥴
I did set it up and it is bright as hell, just not sure about keeping it. On one hand it's a collector's edition misprint on the other it's sacrilege.

20211122 165309
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I did set it up and it is bright as hell, just not sure about keeping it. On one hand it's a collector's edition misprint on the other it's sacrilege.
Ah, so there were mars and sf branded bars on the unit; now I see.
I thought you were doing some sort of side by side comparison, and already had the mars hydro edition.... Looks like you got it though some sort of LED bone collector, gone rogue.😅

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Plenty speculation around about SF and MH being owned by th same consortium/semi chinese government....blah...blah...tinfoil hat.....but there's probably a bit of truth in there somewhere LOL

freezeland2

freezeland2

PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) is sort of a useless term and here is why;

PAR only counts light between 400nm and 600nm as useful to the plant. However, from people like Dr. Bruce Bugbee we know that there are frequencies outside that bracket that plants use. PAR was supposed to cover all the plants need but its too limited. And that's why it's almost useless.

PAR can be correctly calculated when using a quantum sensor designed to measure the additional frequencies.

Use this to clean your SF lights. Its the same stuff aircraft use.
I use that stuff on my bikes windshield and my helmet visor. It’s good stuff.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just hung my new #spiderfarmer SF4000 I won in the Halloween contest. Beautiful light! It's the star performer in my new 6.5 x 6.5 tent, although it's got a supporting cast of six 240w quantum boards to fill out the rest of the lighting.

65 x 65 starts

On the left side in no particular order are 3 Cinderella-99 and 2 runtzs muffin. The 4 on the plant riser are lime skunk, and are the ones going under the screen when they get bigger. The one on the right is a Lemon Sunrise. I have an LST clip on the main stem. I'm going to bush it out a bit more before I put it in my other flower tent. It's a regular seed so it needs to be checked for sex. The other 2 Lemon Sunrise seeds failed to germ.

Last edited:
AceIsWin

AceIsWin

"Sacrilege"...That's funny! 😂 @ComfortablyNumb

Cool....Did you "meter" the lights and differences, if any? 🤔 Currious...🧐😎
I don't own a meter yet unfortunately but it makes me wonder if the LED distribution is the same on the Mars and SF led bars 🤔 either way I'll return and get a package that's been quality control checked

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Just hung my new #spiderfarmer SF4000 I won in the Halloween contest. Beautiful light! It's the star performer in my new 6.5 x 6.5 tent, although it's got a supporting cast of six 240w quantum boards to fill out the rest of the lighting.

View attachment 1190836

On the left side in no particular order are 3 Cinderella-99 and 2 runtzs muffin. The 4 on the plant riser are lime skunk, and are the ones going under the screen when they get bigger. The one on the right is a Lemon Sunrise. I have an LST clip on the main stem. I'm going to bush it out a bit more before I put it in my other flower tent. It's a regular seed so it needs to be checked for sex. The other 2 Lemon Sunrise seeds failed to germ.
Hope SF4000 can help you to have a great harvest

Top Bottom