Spider Farmer LED Grow

Anthem

Anthem

Last time I'm deleting posts. Things get heated and that's ok you wanna toss insults and language around your gonna take some time off. Fair warning and last warning ppl this is not how were do things here.

If you have information to add by all means if you want to disagree keep the insults and language out of it
Aqua Man,
I have to date went on the spider farmer official website 2 times and each time I have looked up the SF1000, their chart for PPFD at the closes setting called out 863 PPFD. The actual average is 485.?? They are doing false advertising. Here is one straight out of Tlegaacys photos. This one is also off. I think this is the guy that told me I had the numbers wrong because it was 120 volts and not 240

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Still waiting for people to provide actual proof of any claims being made..

Has reviewed there lights and makes no mention of false PPFD readings . . . And he does a ton of reviews on leds.. Even says HLG is a better light but Mars hydro and hlg are spiders main competitors lol

If your gonna make a claim at least provide proof, speculation is hardly it..

Anthem

Anthem

Aqua Man,
I have to date went on the spider farmer official website 2 times and each time I have looked up the SF1000, their chart for PPFD at the closes setting called out 863 PPFD. The actual average is 485.?? They are doing false advertising. Here is one straight out of Tlegaacys photos. This one is also off. I think this is the guy that told me I had the numbers wrong because it was 120 volts and not 240
View attachment 1001662
This chart really shows the challenge that is associated with a smaller square fixture. The drop off in PPFD at the edge, well not really the edges because they took measurements for the edge closes to the light. I wonder if this is part of the reason why the Gavita ML 1700 and Fluence with the Syder 2I have such a large foot print.

Anthem

Anthem

this is straight off the offical spider farmer wed page. Dabbie open the attachement you posted. In your attachment the SF1000 is listed at like 463 from what I can tell but here it is listed as 863. Not much more I can tell you because the 463 is probably what the numbers the guy testing got.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Dude I am not going to post adding up the numbers on here if that is what you mean. If the company posts a chart and the readings added together divided by the number of readings equals less than the average the posted average is incorrect.

For the very low low price of around 500$ you can get a PPFD meter off amazon and settle this once and for all :D

But for real..

Someone needs to get a meter and show what the actual values are.. Charts or no charts lets get the actual science proven here.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
View attachment 1001669

this is straight off the offical spider farmer wed page. Dabbie open the attachement you posted. In your attachment the SF1000 is listed at like 463 from what I can tell but here it is listed as 863. Not much more I can tell you because the 463 is probably what the numbers the guy testing got.

Perhaps someone in the IT department who put there shit together pulled the chart for the 2000 and used that on the 1000?? I dunoo I can't explaine the stupid chart being wrong either..

I still want ACTUAL numbers on the light tho no one seems to wanna post those just keep posting a damn chart thats useless as fuck.

Or perhaps theres old chart vs new chart, which is OLD LIGHT vs New light??

They do have new versions now .. That could explaine it?

Anthem

Anthem

For the very low low price of around 500$ you can get a PPFD meter off amazon and settle this once and for all :D

But for real..

Someone needs to get a meter and show what the actual values are.. Charts or no charts lets get the actual science proven here.
but you just posted about a guy you trust with PPDF numbers well below what is being advertised. I have no bones to pick with you Dabbie, but if I show you two charts with different PPFD readings one is right and one is wrong. The one on the official spider farmer website is incorrect. I have provided enough documentation to prove it and that is it.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
but you just posted about a guy you trust with PPDF numbers well below what is being advertised. I have no bones to pick with you Dabbie, but if I show you two charts with different PPFD readings one is right and one is wrong. The one on the official spider farmer website is incorrect. I have provided enough documentation to prove it and that is it.

Yes and i agree the PPFD chart IS incorrect. I would also like to know what the correct chart is, I'm wondering if there v1 light vs v2 lights are putting off different ppfds which would give you 2 different charts?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You are just picking up were Tlegacy left off, considering Spider Farmer is sponsoring your grow, I believe you are being bias for the sack of sponsorship.

Your welcome to believe that, I simply wanna know what the fucking ACTUAL ppfd numbers are.. I have no dog in the fight, I don't care if you love hate or never buy spider farmer in your life.. I don't care if you spend the rest of your life bashing them because there chart is bullshit.. clearly..

I simply want to know what the ACTUAL PPFD are.. something you can't seem to provide, You've made the point countless times theres more then 1 chart theres more then 1 chart the charts not right yada yada.. we get it..

WHATS THE RIGHT CHART?!

Whats the right numbers..

WHERES THE ACTUAL INFORMATION..

Your not helping anything by repeating the same thing over and over and over.. and throwing accusations on top of that to boot.

I've disclosed my relationship with spider-farmer.. I can't be anymore clear about what they have done and what i'm doing in return.. I have more bias for shitty mars hydro lights that i spent over 500$ on then i do for spider farmer.. and i hate my mars lights. So there :P

Anthem

Anthem

Your welcome to believe that, I simply wanna know what the fucking ACTUAL ppfd numbers are.. I have no dog in the fight, I don't care if you love hate or never buy spider farmer in your life.. I don't care if you spend the rest of your life bashing them because there chart is bullshit.. clearly..

I simply want to know what the ACTUAL PPFD are.. something you can't seem to provide, You've made the point countless times theres more then 1 chart theres more then 1 chart the charts not right yada yada.. we get it..

WHATS THE RIGHT CHART?!

Your not helping anything by repeating the same thing over and over and over.. and throwing accusations on top of that to boot.

I've disclosed my relationship with spider-farmer.. I can't be anymore clear about what they have done and what i'm doing in return.. I have more bias for shitty mars hydro lights that i spent over 500$ on then i do for spider farmer.. and i hate my mars lights. So there :P
The numbers in the link you posted are accurate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

WHATS THE RIGHT CHART?!

Ask spider farmer what the right chart is. I think your directing the question to the wrong person.

There are cases reported all over of information provided being questionable at best. I'm not going to waste any more time proving anything to anyone.

Fact: they are a good budget option imo. But I don't trust the information given and if anyone spends some time looking for the info they will find it

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ask spider farmer what the right chart is. I think your directing the question to the wrong person.

I was asking anyone whos listening to post the right chart lol

@SpiderFarmerLED Lets clear up the mass confusion on your led PPFD charts why is the chart for the SF - 1000 clearly wrong? Who handles the information and publishes it? We demand there head ASAP!

Please confirm you have sent said person off to re-education camp ASAP! We will accept nothing less.

Also please fix the chart so your not falsely advertising its really not cool.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

WHATS THE RIGHT CHART?!

Spider Farmer is supposed to print the actual info.

Here is the migro test results. Scroll down to the chart. It is shown at 12”.

Spider farmer is just making up numbers to advertise with it looks like. They are far higher than reality.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Here. Measure the lux under your light, figure out the PPFD, and post your work. You don't need a meter to do that.

https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/convert-lux-to-ppfd-online-calculator

I would argue thats not really accurate since the phone camera lens is going to measure lux different depending on the model.. Iphone 11 is not going to give the same reading as an Iphone 6 or a Galaxy s9 vs the S10? or 11 or whatever the fuck the 900 lens out there ..

Theres a reason LED Lux meters are over 500$ . . . Accuracy would be one of the reasons..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just going to point out the fucking irony here that your gonna quote someone who leaves this disclaimer.. "

Unbiased Testing and Reviews
We offer this guide as a resource to growers. We do not accept sponsorship or advertising. There is no financial relationship between Coco for Cannabis and Migro Lighting. Grow light manufacturers may send us lights for testing. However, we receive no compensation from manufacturers for testing or for including their fixtures in our guide. "

And yet I get called out for having the same exact unbiased testing and review format as they do ROFL

Oh i can't get enough of the irony..

What are you talking about? I could have posted a video where migro tested in real time. But they are long.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I would argue thats not really accurate since the phone camera lens is going to measure lux different depending on the model.. Iphone 11 is not going to give the same reading as an Iphone 6 or a Galaxy s9 vs the S10? or 11 or whatever the fuck the 900 lens out there ..

Theres a reason LED Lux meters are over 500$ . . . Accuracy would be one of the reasons..

Get a $30 par meter. You can't not do the work that will give you the answers that you're looking for and then say "i WiSh wE kNeW WhAt tHe ReAl nUmBeRs aRe!"

Also phones do just fine at measuring lux. Kinda seems like you're just making excuses to try to be right at this point.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Get a $30 par meter. You can't not do the work that will give you the answers that you're looking for and then say "i WiSh wE kNeW WhAt tHe ReAl nUmBeRs aRe!"

Also phones do just fine at measuring lux. Kinda seems like you're just making excuses to try to be right at this point.

LOL I can't even begin with you and your 30 par meter.. If you think thats accurate run with it.. Run as far as you can forest..

go look into any coral reef growing forum and ask them why you can't accurately measure Par from an LED light with a 30$ meter.. go ahead i'll wait :D

Top Bottom