Spider Farmer LED Grow

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There is still more research to be done with flowering, thc, terpene levels to make such a claim that red or blue lights increase yields or thc.

there are a lot of claims on here with all “hear say” but no real comparisons or legitimate backing. With documentation, Just saying. I’m not completely convinced yet.

Michael Dixon, Director of Environmental Control Research at Guelph says: “We have found that the optimal LED spectral recipe changes with every strain of cannabis.”

Actually Ed Rosenthal tested and published the results of red and far red light on cannabis almost 30 years ago.

The university of Utah has now confirmed the same. Red and far red boost growth and increase yields in cannabis. The newest led flowering lamps confirm this with their tech.

The university of michigan has been testing discreet colored diodes with many different plants and has published the same info. Red and far red boost stem elongation and flowering sites and potentially higher yield.

Blue light increases leaf production and less stem elongation.

I have posted much info on this stuff the last few years but the links were all in my old phone.

And even nasa has the same results for food production in space.

I tested metal halide, ceramic mh and hps and combos of all and every time 2 600 hps to 1 mh or cmh gave highest yield with highest resin content. Reverse to 2 mh to one hps and the result is less yield and leafier buds.

Tons of info out there. The quote you posted is the only time i have seen that comment.

I do believe however that the light the breeder uses may influence results if they ran proper generations.

That is unproven as far as i know.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol. Youre just trying to defend your investment in spider farmer. Totally natural response but confirmation bias is in your way.

The reason for the bluer spectrum is simply cost. It is more expensive to use the proper amount and quality red diodes so the budget lamps dont use them.

They are engineered for cost first. And marketed dishonestly.

Look up Bruce Bugby at the university of Utah cannabis lab.
Yeah he has more lighting experience with horticulture than anyone else I can think of.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah he has more lighting experience with horticulture than anyone else I can think of.

He has even designed a new light meter to replace par meters for apogee with the new horticulture spectrum instead of just the 2 humps of par.

He wasnt able to test far reds with just par.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He has even designed a new light meter to replace par meters for apogee with the new horticulture spectrum instead of just the 2 humps of par.

He wasnt able to test far reds with just par.
Yeah I seen that... If I was religious I would almost take his word as gospel when it comes to lighting and cannabis

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I seen that... If I was religious I would almost take his word as gospel when it comes to lighting and cannabis

You sure it isnt a Bromance? I know you get hot for smart sexy professors. :-)

And on that note im going to go paddle around the lake. Seems the short break the root aphids have given me from squatting and leaning in my garden constantly is helping my back to heal more. I want to strengthen the muscles so it doenst get more injured. It has been quite tough these last two years. I keep breaking myself. Lol.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

May I add that the mars and spider farmer have the same too blue veg spectrum regardless of their saying they use the same diodes.

No where near the needed red spike for best flowering like say r spec red like HLG.

And they exaggerate the coverage by a lot.

And the reps should be educated about their lights and never can answer even the most basic questions.

Take it from a 20 year career sales manager/trainer. They do not earn our business.

At least we get to see more low wattage noob grows and a link to spider farmer on every thread like when mars was here.

I would consider doing a side by side with a SF 4000 against one of my 600 hps. At about 450 watts the led lamp should blow the hps away. But i think it will not. Low quality red diodes and way too much energy into blue spectrum.

But when i explained my setup to the rep he offered me less light than i veg with now with flourescents to test.

That doesnt help him or me.

I collaborated with Nick (now Fluence) back in 2014 to develop a BML SPYDR 600 using best available Osram diodes at that time. It consists of ~ 5% 450, 15% 630 and the rest a mix of 5000 and 3000k diodes. 660s weren't readily available and very expensive, and besides 630 provides 90% of what 660 brings to the party. I still use it

I watch grows on other forums using SF that are producing very nice fat buds

ReVeg
IMG 2416
IMG 4015
IMG 4016
lilnew

lilnew

lol. Just read the negative attitude towards SF on the thread. You included, Majority are bashing it and I’m the only positive that Can see results and provide documents. Hahaha. What a shame this thread is and a waste of text with just mostly speculation and bias statements with no backing.
i agree, everyone should be more open minded. but i also see where everyone is coming from. i guess they are just fed up with all the false ads n sh*t. but from the reading and specs i'm seeing (from third party not spider farmer)... the sf 4000 isn't a bad light from all aspects... so i'm not sure why everyone is bashing it sooo hard (beside the false ad)...lol...i mean at this price point, its a bang for buck led light

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

your negative bias opinions support nothing about SF. Which is why you should stay out of this thread. You should make it a rule: do not have an SF product? Then don’t post with no proof or documentation proving that it is inferior. All I’m saying because I like my results as you can see my pics. So if anyone can show any proof of inferior results from A SF grow I’m open to actually seeing the proof. So let’s see the proof of a SF inferior grow? Where is it? Send proof, links, photos, anything other than shooting diarrhea.

Just look at the parts list and wattage output and you can see sf uses cheaper red and uv diodes and less watts than the competition. Same as mars like their crappy sell to noobs business model.

And then we can get into unmatched and lower bin diodes and of course a less powerful driver.

But they put a nice dimmer knob on to get your attention away from that stuff.

All to lower manufacturing costs but they still charge a premium.

None of this means it wont grow plants. Showing a pic of a plant and claiming very high yield is not proof of anything.

Prove you got 1000 grams out of 450 watts. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I said long ago. This is my first product I am happy with what I had to buy something on a whim I couldn’t wait because I need my product and meds growing now. I like my results I don’t have anything to compare so I can’t tell you whether or not it’s better than any other product out there but what I can tell you atm is I like my return of investment so far.

Now that is an honest post. And no one has argued with that.

You are chatting with some seriously experienced growers and the knowledge base here is amazing.

Since you are new maybe listen more and argue about nothing less?

We all get emotional about our purchases. You bought from an offshoot chinese company of Meihzi. If you are happy great! But be realistic it isnt the best light or price.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

never said it was the “best light for the price”. Omg whats with the insinuations? Lol. Too many chemicals in nutes maybe? IDK.
😂
I’m not emotional about.
I just want pictures, proof of any positive and negative claims. No just hear say.

Now that is an honest post. And no one has argued with that.

You are chatting with some seriously experienced growers and the knowledge base here is amazing.

Since you are new maybe listen more and argue about nothing less?

We all get emotional about our purchases. You bought from an offshoot chinese company of Meijzi. If you are happy great! But be realistic it isnt the best light or price.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

never said it was the “best light for the price”. Omg whats with the insinuations? Lol. Too many chemicals in nutes maybe? IDK.
😂
I’m not emotional about.
I just want pictures, proof of any positive and negative claims. No just hear say.

Pics and claims only show the growers skill or luck. Try educating yourself about led grow lighting. We are.

If i show you a 600w hps grown plant that is better than yours would that answer your query?

The proof. The only facts are in their parts list. Its been made to cost less. But it doesnt cost that much less.

airedog

airedog

Supporter

Michael Dixon, Director of Environmental Control Research at Guelph says: “We have found that the optimal LED spectral recipe changes with every strain of cannabis.”

Given that we know decent bud can be grown with HID lighting, this sounds like an argument for saving up and going Scynce LED or Fluence when it comes our time to invest in LED. We all want to do the best we can within our varied budgets, looking at the long term return on investment, isn't it better to purchase new luminair because it makes sense rather than because you made a misstep while trying 'save' money?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
sure 600w hps grow lamp plant. Sure show me your seed germ date. Flower date, pics with the plants and buds with the light. I’m curious to see. Although hps is different technology and that draws about 170 more watts than a sf4000. So let’s see how big your dick is, I mean plant. Hahah.
I’ll be starting a new grow. And I’ll date everything. My journal
Now is pretty damn detailed. Take some time and check it out. $160 240w kingbrjte. Proof is in the pudding.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

I am educating myself with grow lighting. Thanks for the input.

I understand that there are many experienced growers on here.

pictures videos and documentation don’t justify them? Then what does. Tell me, show me what is best other than the diarrhea coming out of your fucking mouth. You preach this and that and state statements that are not supporting so maybe you should educate yourself and show a little bit of proof so that way we all can be educated since you’re the master.

Pics and claims only show the growers skill or luck. Try educating yourself about led grow lighting. We are.

If i show you a 600w hps grown plant that is better than yours would that answer your query?

The proof. The only facts are in their parts list. Its been made to cost less. But it doesnt cost that much less.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

awesome. Great info. Please share.
I’ll be starting a new grow. And I’ll date everything. My journal
Now is pretty damn detailed. Take some time and check it out. $160 240w kingbrjte. Proof is in the pudding.

Moshmen

Moshmen

any real scientists here with scientific research and backing?
If not I will use legitimate resources and fact with evidence instead of bias uneducated opinions.
Sorry man - I gotta day it- these dudes here know what they’re talking bout Aqua is about the most non-biased person there could be! And both aqua and mimed have done more research on this lighting issue- well geez I have fact cked these guys to death and they are never “wrong” some times opinionated but never completely wrong - and in this case I have progressed from Amazon cheapies to mars to kingbrite and my next purchase is gonna either hlg or Gavita - I feel light is the single most important factor besides genetics in my uneducated non scientific beady little growers mind.

Tlegacy

Tlegacy

duly noted. Let’s see some buds with SF now. Let’s stick to the thread topic now please and quit bashing it and if you do state your claim or whatever with the product I think people should provide proof instead of blowing hot air. Done arguing because this thread is obviously going nowhere with the product matter in question. It’s just about others biased opinions really. That’s a fact. Aqua man never proved his SF experience, purchase or links, photos, or any evidence supporting the product along with other who claim its inferior.
Sorry man - I gotta day it- these dudes here know what they’re talking bout Aqua is about the most non-biased person there could be! And both aqua and mimed have done more research on this lighting issue- well geez I have fact cked these guys to death and they are never “wrong” some times opinionated but never completely wrong - and in this case I have progressed from Amazon cheapies to mars to kingbrite and my next purchase is gonna either hlg or Gavita - I feel light is the single most important factor besides genetics in my uneducated non scientific beady little growers mind.

Top Bottom