Spider Farmer LED Grow

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
The link of the tread for giveaway, hope you will be the lucky one.

Will hold another giveaway in the future, no worries
Next
SF LED LIGHTšŸ˜‰

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

ā¤šŸŒ±ā¤šŸ¤˜šŸ˜āœŒ
Supporter
My little entry level PAR meter has nothing but good things to say about the SF-2000 so far. Pretty much confirms what I was estimating with the lux meter, slightly higher actually at a rate closer to .017 šŸ‘ā¤šŸŒ±ā¤
20201023 202255

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm with him. That would be nice for longer spaces. I couldn't use a 4x4 but I can sure use a 1x4 twice :)

Yes, long and minimally wide is a great config for a quantum board, because you can put them in array's and spread them apart. I really love this about my current light.. They can even be set to different heights if needed with this config.
IMG 20201024 1445281

But I like the spread spectrum models even more. I think this is the best config, but it's a more expensive build.

IMG 20201024 144714

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Obviously spider farmer will make bar lights like mars. They are copying everything else they do. Even the contest (that got mars banned) is the same.

What i would like to see are decent accessory diodes and a real heat sink for the prices asked. And a proper flowering spectrum without so much blue.

Of course then it would be an hlg quantum board. Lol.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

ā¤šŸŒ±ā¤šŸ¤˜šŸ˜āœŒ
Supporter
Yes, long and minimally wide is a great config for a quantum board, because you can put them in array's and spread them apart. I really love this about my current light.. They can even be set to different heights if needed with this config.
View attachment 1047789

But I like the spread spectrum models even more. I think this is the best config, but it's a more expensive build.

View attachment 1047787
+1 I like the flexibility too
20201009 184412

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Strips are good, you can do a lot with them in a configuration. I'd like to see a 3 LED wide strip (1-2") with 700nm far red coupled with some 760 IR. Not overly powerful, but enough to get the job done for extra flower initiation and phytochrome response.

The ability to daisy chain lights would be nice as well.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes, it really boils down to fundamentals, and how the original light progressed, I think once they progressed to the 2000's going wide again with the 4000's was the mistake, they should have made it double long instead, going wide again is far too intense in the center portion of the light footprint, thus the thoughts about revisiting the engineering part. Because the only way to reconfigure it to back the light off the plants, or turn it down.

But material availability and price are a big part of doing that affordably, so I don't know if it's possible.

It doesn't give the versatility to be able to spread the lights out to compensate. Anything that allows you to control the configuration and adjust the footprint is going to be very helpful. Sometimes less is more. I'm thinking 3 1000's, or better yet, 2x 2000's can be more efficient as one of the 4000, with good placement.

even if your only getting like 4x1 extra space, that's like 3 more plants possible. from say 9 possible to 12 possible which would equate to a 25% increase.

Spreading that footprint out allows you to dial down the lights closer to the pant with more intensity as before, resulting in better overall penetration and more optimum light coverage, all while increasing the canopy size.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom