Spider mites. Was planning on flipping with in a week

• Thread starter Willisbrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kidcole99

Once my friend had spider mite so we ordered lots of lady bugs they kinda of did the job but we where finding them months afters the grow in his room 😂 very resilient lil buggers they are
Yup. Did same last grow. That's why I want to try the predatory mites. I hope I don't ever have to- but would be interested to see how good they work

the rrock

the rrock

If all else fails try Floramite and Avid(in veg only) got rid of my mites fior good havent had them in almost ten years.
Ladybugs were a joke as were the predators mites,I couldnt keepthem present or alive.I hope yours pull through Willis>Learn from this, as it happens to everyone once or twice

Last edited:
W

Willisbrow

The dr zymes at that strength reallly did a number on my plants. Didn’t take a pic. But they really didn’t like that much Dr zymes. Sprayed yesterday with spinosad. Getting close to the 15th.

ev.dawgy

ev.dawgy

The dr zymes at that strength reallly did a number on my plants. Didn’t take a pic. But they really didn’t like that much Dr zymes. Sprayed yesterday with spinosad. Getting close to the 15th.
Sorry to hear about that @Willisbrow.

In all likelyhood it is a combination of both products that caused damage. You should be able to tell spinosad damage if your new growth is damaged and curled downwards.

I've never used the Dr. Zymes product but I'm looking into in right now before reply.

A key word I got from the main page is "phytotoxicity".

"Always test before using, some plants are more sensitive than others. To avoid phytotoxicity, use in evening when sun is off your plants and the room or outside temperature is below 80 degrees. Do not spray in direct sunlight. Do not spray on top of or with pesticides, insecticides or nutrients. Do not use a wetting agent"... so many stipulations on using this product... it's almost as if the amount of people calling in with

Not going to copy and paste the whole thing, but here is the link to Dr. Zymes webpage for a quick read over the instructions (1 min).

In theory, all the information is great, however that's only IF your plants don't get damaged and you can apply the product in the way the manufacturer suggests... and to me there are just too many stipulations on using the product safely.

This all natural product could be made at home, no need for their "proprietary" blend of citric acid, and various oils that you have around the house. You could easily have squeezed some lemon juice into warm water with a couple drops of olive oil, no wetting agent, and had equal or better results...

Dr. Zymes recommends to use the product each day for the first 3 days, then once a week after that.

How many applications have you used before the damage occured? At the doses you provided of the spinosad and zymes, it doesn't seem like these products were concentrates like the Dr. Zymes product page states... and if that is considered a concentrate, then that's quite a bit of of product for a half gallon...

The citric acid in the zymes could have lowered the pH, maybe that caused to the leaves to dry out and caused some damage, however it's hard to say without picutures at this point.

Please post some pictures of the damage so we can see exactly what happended here, and how much damage was caused, it's important to document this because others will come across the information and potentially go a different route to avoid damage to their crops as well.

Once again, very sorry your plants got damaged...

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Just a note for people talking about products that state "safe to use up until harvest", these products are referring to fruits and veg that will be washed before consuming, strawberries, tomatoes etc etc.. I wouldn't use any sprays in flower, or if I really had to then definitely not past the second week when flowers have started to form.

Also, I've been using Spinosad (raw/natural) for years now, as a treatment and a preventative, without  any damage to my plants at all, in fact they seem to love it. New cuts and clones that come into my garden are always dipped in Spinosad and treated in quarantine before being introduced and never have I ever had a single problem or any damage, even on unrooted snips and young clones.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Y'all should really take a leap of faith on this stuff I've found that I mentioned here in a previous post - AgroMagen GrowSafe Bio Pesticide. It's super simple, won't hurt your plants, and really works. Like I said it's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive product ever made, either.
71xNgGeszEL AC SL1500

I've used it quite a few times but the thing is it works so well, I haven't had to use it that much. Usually 1 or 2 applications is literally all it takes to wipe out even heavy infestations of spider mites. I'm not exaggerating at all. I was mind blown at how well it worked for just basic ingredients.

I do not work for this company or get paid to promote it, I'm just a cannabis farmer who loves growing, and this stuff saved my ass a couple times especially on my hemp crops that are lab tested for pesticides. Not only that we are pushing to become certified organic, and if you know anything about that, it is NOT an easy process to pass. At least this stuff doesn't leave any harmful chemicals on your plants.

As I stated before, the *only* issue I have with it, is it will make your plants sort of smell like a deep fryer for a day or two, but after a good rain or rinse with plain water, it goes away pretty quickly.

So, if you have 20 bucks to spare, check it out, and let me know how it worked for you. I promise you won't be disappointed.

ev.dawgy

ev.dawgy

Just a note for people talking about products that state "safe to use up until harvest", these products are referring to fruits and veg that will be washed before consuming, strawberries, tomatoes etc etc.. I wouldn't use any sprays in flower, or if I really had to then definitely not past the second week when flowers have started to form.

Also, I've been using Spinosad (raw/natural) for years now, as a treatment and a preventative, without  any damage to my plants at all, in fact they seem to love it. New cuts and clones that come into my garden are always dipped in Spinosad and treated in quarantine before being introduced and never have I ever had a single problem or any damage, even on unrooted snips and young clones.
Please let us know what product you use so we can replicate your results.

It seems the spinosad did not damage his plant after @Willisbrow spayed the plant, however when he added Dr. Zymes into the mix that is when he stated he had damage to the plants.

It's very similar to the GrowSafe product mentioned in the post above.

We've yet to hear back from @Willisbrow to see the extent of the damage his plants have suffered after multiple applications of both products.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Please let us know what product you use so we can replicate your results.

It seems the spinosad did not damage his plant after @Willisbrow spayed the plant, however when he added Dr. Zymes into the mix that is when he stated he had damage to the plants.

It's very similar to the GrowSafe product mentioned in the post above.

We've yet to hear back from @Willisbrow to see the extent of the damage his plants have suffered after multiple applications of both products.
I use 100% natural/raw Spinosad. It doesn't have a proprietary name, I get it from eBay. 5ml. It comes like this. 5ml makes up 10l of spray.

Screenshot 20230517 031418
W

Willisbrow

So the dr zymes says to use water temps between 70-90f. And to oh the solution between 6-7ph. I made sure the water was warm but I forgot to ph the solution.
I needed using the spinosad and the Dr zymes two applications each. And all the plants bloomed good. Mostly all the spider mite damage has stopped. A leaf here or there had the little white spots on them but nothing serious.

On a side note. I decided to move my plants outdoors and pretty much just grow them for the beauty of the plant. I live in San Francisco and it’s way to humid and stale in September and October and bus rot pretty much destroys my crop.

So I will just grow them and not expect any harvest.
This also frees up my summer time so I can go on camping and fishing trips.

Thanks for all the help and reply’s. Sorry I won’t be growing these out.
I will take some pics tonight to show you guys how my plants look after 4 sprays.

W

Willisbrow

I took these pics on Monday.
I will get a room shot for u guys when I get home.

The last time I used Dr zymes is used 3 ounces per half gallon. The first time I used 4 ounces. And that hurt my plants.

203D5A4A 1668 40AD 836D 575C36CE31EF
D18054E0 881A 460A 882B 151E741D40E8
9CC2CC13 B902 40E5 9CA3 0C731AB2F6C3
92CAC054 0567 4E20 BFFE 16011159DCCA
F45EFEAE D654 4889 A92D 0295A0AAD4E1
W

Willisbrow

Since I had some damage using the dr zymes at that high dosage. I didn’t want to use any during flower and have any problems/setbacks during flower.
That’s part of the reason I decided to kinda scrap this round.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Azamax 10ml/liter 3 times in 10 days, always with the lights off. Get a nice pump sprayer with a wand and set to fine mist. Top, bottom, side to side.
Mix only enough to use that day

W

Willisbrow

what I did was.(during veg). I would take the plants outta my room and spray all over top and bottoms of leaves and the stems. I used a 1 gallon garden sprayer. I couldn’t imagine using a spray bottle to completely cover my plants in spray.

After I sprayed the plants I put them back in the room. With the fans at high speed and turned the lights off. I would come back in an hour or so and the plants would be all dry and I would turn the lights back on. Seemed to work

W

Willisbrow

Here’s some pics of two I moved outside. Still some mite damage on the older leaves. But the plant as a whole rebounded good to the four sprays.

01A53436 3BE5 4A94 AE11 641839F324B8
F6897023 625E 4BA5 8C37 4F485B6ACC62
E41235CC 8587 44A4 8728 176CF6237FF6
9E866CA8 7F1C 4134 8CA0 FF3B5C13440B
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

...I live in San Francisco and it’s way to humid and stale in September and October and bus rot pretty much destroys my crop.

So I will just grow them and not expect any harvest.
This also frees up my summer time so I can go on camping and fishing trips.

Thanks for all the help and reply’s. Sorry I won’t be growing these out.
I will take some pics tonight to show you guys how my plants look after 4 sprays.

How about doing them as light deps, just to start them flowering earlier so that they finish by September?🤔👍

W

Willisbrow

I was wondering that. I can’t move. Them inside every single night. But I was thinking to flower them for two weeks and then putting the outside. Would they start to reveg? Or would they continue to flower in the summer sun?

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

I was wondering that. I can’t move. Them inside every single night. But I was thinking to flower them for two weeks and then putting the outside. Would they start to reveg? Or would they continue to flower in the summer sun?
They will start to reveg if they get less than 12hours of constant darkness.
Could you build a small pollytunnel//enclosure/frame that you could cover over maybe? I'm sure there's probably threads on here of different light dep ideas 💡👍

Top Bottom