Sport Hunting

• Thread starter geologic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Taking my biology class through tel aviv university and saw these images...
Mustardselection
Mustard selection

MUTATIONS ARE NOT "implicitly undesirable", enough of that bullshit.
I hate the lack of education! How many people read that garbage and believe it?

Your doing good work geologic. The real damage to the marijuana community is done by the uneducated haters that seem compelled to froth from the mouth and call it fact.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey.. that's pretty cool pictorial description of how the whole Brassica group came about. I LOVE my Brassicas, can't grow 'em for shit!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Taking my biology class through tel aviv university and saw these images...
View attachment 344537View attachment 344538

MUTATIONS ARE NOT "implicitly undesirable", enough of that bullshit.
I hate the lack of education! How many people read that garbage and believe it?

Your doing good work geologic. The real damage to the marijuana community is done by the uneducated haters that seem compelled to froth from the mouth and call it fact.

Hey Panda,
Did yer class cover the origins???
Like: Where was the home of the original plant?
Which variety was developed first (second, third fourth...) and when?
Were they all developed in the same area?
What people(s) were the growers--
Inquiring nodes wanna mind...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Some stuff in Wikipedia:

Although cabbage has an extensive history, it is difficult to trace its exact origins owing to the many varieties of leafy greens classified as "brassicas".[21] The wild ancestor of cabbage, originally found in Britain and continental Europe, inhabits rocky cliffs in cool damp coastal habitats.[22] According to the triangle of U theory of the evolution and relationships between Brassica species, cabbage and other closely related kale vegetables (kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower) represent one of three ancestral lines from which all other brassicas originated.[23] Cabbage was probably domesticated later in history than Near East crops such as peas and summer wheat. Because of the wide range of crops developed from the wild B. oleracea, multiple domestications of cabbage may have occurred in the same time period throughout Europe. Nonheading cabbages and kale were probably the first to be domesticated, before 1000 BC,[24] by the Celts of central and western Europe.[7] Greeks and Romans had some variety of cabbage, although whether it was more closely related to today's cabbage or to one of the other Brassica crops is unknown.[24] The Greeks and Romans claimed medicinal usages for their cabbage variety that included relief from gout, headaches and the symptoms of poisonous mushroom ingestion.[25]

This is trippy--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_of_U ...

iCultivate

iCultivate

Very interesting thread Geologic! I may have missed it, but why exactly are you hunting sports? For breeding purposes, or simply for the sake of curiosity?

Pretty cool, but your thread title had me expecting deep ocean fishing or something like that.

Ha, that's what I thought at first too! I was thinking "why is this in General Outdoor Growing?". Then it all made sense.

I found this last summer on a Green crack X himalayan gold cross I made

View attachment 325020

View attachment 325021

That is very cool! It's what's referred to as cristation or fasciation and can occur in stems, roots and flowers. Never seen it in a cannabis plant before. Pretty funky.

Some great anomalies in the thread. No variegated plants anyone? Seen a few to date.

-- iCultivate --

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Very interesting thread Geologic! I may have missed it, but why exactly are you hunting sports? For breeding purposes, or simply for the sake of curiosity?
Ha, that's what I thought at first too! I was thinking "why is this in General Outdoor Growing?". Then it all made sense.
That is very cool! It's what's referred to as cristation or fasciation and can occur in stems, roots and flowers. Never seen it in a cannabis plant before. Pretty funky.
Some great anomalies in the thread. No variegated plants anyone? Seen a few to date.
-- iCultivate --

> Very interesting thread Geologic! I may have missed it, but why exactly are you hunting sports?
> For breeding purposes, or simply for the sake of curiosity?
----------------------------------------------
< If they pass the taste/smell/effect test--
< they'll make it back into the gene pool...

> Some great anomalies in the thread. No variegated plants anyone? Seen a few to date.
------------------------------------------------------------
< I usually have a few partially variegated plants,
< but I tend to not put 'em back into the gene pool--
< the lack of chlorophyll has always bothered me...

iCultivate

iCultivate

Yes, I feel the same way about variegated plants. Interesting, but not something I want personally. They always make me think of a sick plant.

-- iCultivate --

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Yes, I feel the same way about variegated plants. Interesting, but not something I want personally. They always make me think of a sick plant.
-- iCultivate --

I did put two variegated plants back into the gene pool;
ten and twenty years ago.

Both of 'em had white leaves on half of the plant--
but they were different halves...

one was half of the entire (bi latterly symmetrical) plant:

Var1a

the other was half of each stem on the entire plant:

Var2a

I still get a few plants with a few "highlights",
they grow out of it;
but I still don't put 'em back in the gene pool--
unless they be real special...

Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Chimeras:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(plant)

Most variegated plants are chimeras, ie growth is variegated due to two distinct cell lines cohabiting the one plant.

One of the most interesting (possible) chimeras I've come across is this cat:

1.jpg

In plants it's not uncommon, but what you found are both very nice examples of chimeras.

Thanks for the info.
Nice kitty, reminds me of my AlexTheBestKittyInTheUniverse;
she died nine years ago.

Alex1

My wife and I decided we'd never get another cat--
six months later we got the smiling spotted kitten-monster...

Tan1

iCultivate

iCultivate

Those plants sounds amazing geologic. Never seen a plant variagated with distinct divisions like that. Would love to see some pics if you manage to find them.

Nice cats too by the way. Is that spotted one a regular house cat? Very unusual patterning.

-- iCultivate --

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Those plants sounds amazing geologic. Never seen a plant variagated with distinct divisions like that. Would love to see some pics if you manage to find them.
Nice cats too by the way. Is that spotted one a regular house cat? Very unusual patterning.
-- iCultivate --

Chocolate Spotted Ocicat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocicat

----------------------------------------------

I have to install and extract data from 5 or 6 old hard drives, and then start lookin'.
I know I shouldda had everything <at least> in the same spot, but--
I'm a very disorganized person...

iCultivate

iCultivate

Nice, thanks for letting me know. Might actually be able to get one of those here. Had it been any wildcat or hybrid of, there would have been no chance, but being a regular domestic it should be fine. Love cats and that's one sweet looking breed.

-- iCultivate --

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Too bad that little bunny didn't wait 3 or 4 weeks before girdling that little plant.

I cut it when I took that pic above https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/attachments/rabbitgirdle-jpg.342042/.
It had the infamous "hay" smell.

After 2 months in a jar at RH63 it looks kinda purdy and smells kinda nice, if a bit subdued.

BunnyWeed1

A closer inspection proved interesting

BunnyWeed2

so I gave it a try: not bad.

I usta harvest this early pre 215/420 (and sometimes after) because of olfactory induced paranoia,
like when you can smell it out on the street;
but nobody ever cared, so--
me neither...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I have no idea;
they've all been inbred for ~20 years--
with no new genetic input...

Latest posts

Top Bottom