Start of 2nd Grow. This time in Soil

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Good evening CannaGranny! 35% humidity! Holy moly I never got below 50% really, I'll bet going down that dry will give me some more sparklies like you say! I guess watering them a lot more when I lower the humiditywill counteract that transpiration as its gotta be quite high at 35% humidity! How often are you watering in peak flower? Your in soil correct?

So the goal is to piss them off, in a good way, gotcha. Too bad we can't just hurl expletives at our plants to stress them out, it would be much easier lol. But yeah, low humiity during flower: gotta figure that out! This is why I love growing so much, its like each grow is an opportunity for growth both metaphorically and physically. Ill be messing around with getting that humidity hella low next time I'm in flower, and I'll up their watering accordingly. Again, helping me grow the dank, I cant thank you enough for the lessons!
Mornin Zomb!
Yes indeed 35%. When you consider that the trichs job is to protect the nucleus as well as to “stink” to ward off animals and insects. I do this about midway of flower. Prior to cutting the humidity they need water every three to four days, after cutting the humidity every other day. Yes, I’m playing in the dirt lol.
Dropping the humidity is not something they like, after having been under almost perfect conditions. They will respond by pouring on the sugar. After all gotta protect that flower. Not so much stressing them out, just drying up the atmosphere around them. They don’t stay mad long, but rather go about using the defenses nature gave them to protect themselves. Not to mention it greatly lowers problems with molds and powdery mildew.
It has been my pleasure with both you and Trader. Both of you will do well. 🥰

Neueregel

Neueregel

I use local honey, I’d assume all one hundred percent honey is organic. It is said it has anti fungal and antibiotic properties. I had an old experienced cultivator tell me to do this years ago, I can only think of once that it didn’t work.
Hello @CannaGranny, I put the honey on my plant. now it's dried up and the plant isn't healed. should I keep applying until healed? thank you. I hope you are having a great day.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hello @CannaGranny, I put the honey on my plant. now it's dried up and the plant isn't healed. should I keep applying until healed? thank you. I hope you are having a great day.
Never had to do it but I am pretty sure you don't use just honey. Honey acts like the antibiotic that speeds up the healing but you need something to structurally hold it together and in place while it heals I would think. Can you take a pic?

Zombierider

Zombierider

I watched a youtube video and the guy did this. used100% honey and use a ty wrap.
I'm not sure about using honey although honey, especially manuka honey, is extremely potent medicine for all kinds of stuff so it would undoubtedly work here if Cannagranny says so. However, I would personally use a bit more tape on the stem and make sure the honey is making contact with the inside and all over the stem. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to cut off that extra arm growing from below the soil. We generally want a kind of Christmas tree shape with the stem, clean bottom like a tree, and then the upper limbs get big and strong without the plant using some resources for growth that will never become as good bud as the strong ones.

Neueregel

Neueregel

I'm not sure about using honey although honey, especially manuka honey, is extremely potent medicine for all kinds of stuff so it would undoubtedly work here if Cannagranny says so. However, I would personally use a bit more tape on the stem and make sure the honey is making contact with the inside and all over the stem. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to cut off that extra arm growing from below the soil. We generally want a kind of Christmas tree shape with the stem, clean bottom like a tree, and then the upper limbs get big and strong without the plant using some resources for growth that will never become as good bud as the strong ones.
ok Zombie. will do. thanks man.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Mornin Zomb!
Yes indeed 35%. When you consider that the trichs job is to protect the nucleus as well as to “stink” to ward off animals and insects. I do this about midway of flower. Prior to cutting the humidity they need water every three to four days, after cutting the humidity every other day. Yes, I’m playing in the dirt lol.
Dropping the humidity is not something they like, after having been under almost perfect conditions. They will respond by pouring on the sugar. After all gotta protect that flower. Not so much stressing them out, just drying up the atmosphere around them. They don’t stay mad long, but rather go about using the defenses nature gave them to protect themselves. Not to mention it greatly lowers problems with molds and powdery mildew.
It has been my pleasure with both you and Trader. Both of you will do well. 🥰
Ok now I gotta try this lol. I wonder if lowering RH gradually like VERY gradually would prevent any transpiration issues. One time my tent got to around 40% RH and 77 degrees and all my cheese cookies were kinda flopped over, thought i lost them. Amazing they bounced back minutes after i cranked up the humidity and lowered light intensity. Now im kinda scared to go so low lol. I will try though, cuz I bet I could have gotten even more trichs outta those girls with even lower humidity.

Its so cool to read up on trichomes and how they protect the plant from sun/pests. I can imagine some poor ant stoned out of his mind on some leaf somewhere having a bad trip. Only humans like to get high it seems lol

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Trader is right. You fill the split full of honey and bind it back together using vet wrap or tape. You should not be able to see the honey. When wrapped it takes a bit to heal. Won’t hurt at this point to add just a little, she will heal from the bottom up, but anywhere the split is not bound back together, won’t heal.

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Ok now I gotta try this lol. I wonder if lowering RH gradually like VERY gradually would prevent any transpiration issues. One time my tent got to around 40% RH and 77 degrees and all my cheese cookies were kinda flopped over, thought i lost them. Amazing they bounced back minutes after i cranked up the humidity and lowered light intensity. Now im kinda scared to go so low lol. I will try though, cuz I bet I could have gotten even more trichs outta those girls with even lower humidity.

Its so cool to read up on trichomes and how they protect the plant from sun/pests. I can imagine some poor ant stoned out of his mind on some leaf somewhere having a bad trip. Only humans like to get high it seems lol
Try lowering it a bit every day. Mine have never responded like that and so far the worse for the wear is that the leaves get a bit rough. She will then super sugar up. I’ll show you a pic in a week or so, so you can see how she has completely frosted up. 😌

Neueregel

Neueregel

Never had to do it but I am pretty sure you don't use just honey. Honey acts like the antibiotic that speeds up the healing but you need something to structurally hold it together and in place while it heals I would think. Can you take a pic?
Thanks. i secured the plant together better and lubed and taped her up.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@CannaGranny , i decided to flip to 12 and 12, you said to let you know before i flipped them. I was going to scrog, but i don't have a lot of space left vertically. i need a bigger tent lol. this is what they look like now.
Those look great man. You are going to have baseball bat sized flowers at this rate. You will be quoting Jaws "You are gonna need a bigger boat" 🤣 and don't sweat the SCROG this grow at all. Let it go and plan ahead for the next one. I legit stressed myself out my 1st grow with the trellis. Put it on, took it off, on off on off, was just a pain in the ass cause I didn't prepare from the get go. Also loss of being able to move the girls around if needed was just too much. Congratz on flippin to flower. That's what is up right there and BRING ON THE BUDS! Too cool

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 33(for 3 of em)/50 for Buttercup. Lets see since last sunday..
~Topped Mimosa once last Sunday
~Topped Blueberry Tuesday
~Topped Blue Sunset Sherbert Thursday
~Friday topped Mimosa for 2nd time. Seems to be a real fast grower. I am using her fan leaves in hopes they slow her down by twisting them over the runners.
~Thursday fed all the girls 1/4 gal super slowly, then waited 15 min then repeated, then repeated again in 15 min and seemed to be getting wet bottoms so stopped. I really am winging it with the water a bit and I'm sure will learn the hard way soon if am way off. For now it seems they need to be watered at about every 6-7 days but that is rapidly going to shorten quickly I'm sure. I anticipate I will feed/water again. on Wed or Thursday.
~Been VERY humid here due to monsoons. Has kept temps down and humidity high. Lately been hangin in the 80/60 range most of the day.

~Now that I think of it, maybe I shouldn't blow off this leaf I found on Buttercup(GRCxBBC). If anyone can chime in thanks much. It is literally like the only damaged leaf of all 4 plants but what do you think. It has holes like maybe eaten but I looked with phone blown up and magnifying glass on top and below and do not see any creepies. In the picture it kind of looks like the underneath of the side with the damage has white specs 🧐 This leaf is fairly old growth and lower on the plant.

Day 33
Day 33 2
Day 33 3
20220730 175004
20220730 175012
Day 33 and 50
Neueregel

Neueregel

Those look great man. You are going to have baseball bat sized flowers at this rate. You will be quoting Jaws "You are gonna need a bigger boat" 🤣 and don't sweat the SCROG this grow at all. Let it go and plan ahead for the next one. I legit stressed myself out my 1st grow with the trellis. Put it on, took it off, on off on off, was just a pain in the ass cause I didn't prepare from the get go. Also loss of being able to move the girls around if needed was just too much. Congratz on flippin to flower. That's what is up right there and BRING ON THE BUDS! Too cool
lol yeah i know.

Neueregel

Neueregel

~Friday topped Mimosa for 2nd time. Seems to be a real fast grower. I am using her fan leaves in hopes they slow her down by twisting them over the runners.
~Thursday fed all the girls 1/4 gal super slowly, then waited 15 min then repeated, then repeated again in 15 min and seemed to be getting wet bottoms so stopped. I really am winging it with the water a bit and I'm sure will learn the hard way soon if am way off. For now it seems they need to be watered at about every 6-7 days but that is rapidly going to shorten quickly I'm sure. I anticipate I will feed/water again. on Wed or Thursday.
~Been VERY humid here due to monsoons. Has kept temps down and humidity high. Lately been hangin in the 80/60 range most of the day.

~Now that I think of it, maybe I shouldn't blow off this leaf I found on Buttercup(GRCxBBC). If anyone can chime in thanks much. It is literally like the only damaged leaf of all 4 plants but what do you think. It has holes like maybe eaten but I looked with phone blown up and magnifying glass on top and below and do not see any creepies. In the picture it kind of looks like the underneath of the side with the damage has white specs 🧐 This leaf is fairly old growth and lower on the plant.
looking nice and healthy

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Looks like you got a caterpillar lurking......time for the search and destroy mission to start!🥷

Neueregel

Neueregel

Hey Bud. looking great. question: did you tie those off and spread those out? curious if that is how you are doing it. thanks.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Looks like you got a caterpillar lurking......time for the search and destroy mission to start!🥷
😯😯😯😯😡🤔☹ an intruder ya say? Ok thanks very much I'm goin in..
"Squad 54 Squad 54 come in, requesing back in response to possible shots fired! Need any and all units available to meet at the dojo immediately"

Top Bottom