Starting a new grow in the new DWC system

• Thread starter Dwcmagic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

These are both jack herer autos. Since the late flowering debacle i had on the homemade DWC system, i bought a root spa bucket system. Still using 2 spider farmer sf1000's, and i will still be using advanced nutrients ph perfect grow, micro, bloom 3 part nutrients since i still have a quite alot of it and it worked for me. I guess i will try to post weekly. These were planted 3 days ago.

Starting a new grow in the new dwc system
Starting a new grow in the new dwc system 2
Starting a new grow in the new dwc system 3
Starting a new grow in the new dwc system 4
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Not really much to update on my grow. The other plant finally sprouted, no roots in the water yet so no real growing going. Ive been top feeding with a light nutrient solution but otherwise im in a holding pattern i guess. Considerimg I49's time of growth, 9 weeks, im sure some massive growth spurts are coming once they establish a root systwm.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Put plastic under the buckets; protect that wooden floor. DWC, it isn't IF it leaks/spills, it's WHEN.
That aint real wood, its some laminate crap. I dry up spills when they happen.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Ok as i said this is a root spa system. They say theres no need for airstones. The air hose connects into the sight guage tube and pumps air down and into the bottom of the bucket. It makes huge bubbles like a hot tub, so im a huge fan of air getting to my roots since thats what cost me on my last grow. So im thinking of drilling a small hole into the lid and running tubing to an airstone in the bottom of the bucket. This pump has 8 outlets, im only using 2 so i say add 2 air stones to use 2 more outlets and ensure my babies get enough oxygen to the roots. Opinions?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I'm a fan of aeration, in my own experience i've found that root mass was better in well aerated buckets. Keep in mind though that aeration and carbs will definitely encourage the micro-herd in systems that use beneficial bacteria. You'll either need to drop the carbs or try to find a balance.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Well its been about a week since they sprouted, finally some small roots hanging out of the 8 inch pots. I added the extra aeration i mentioned. Thats the tubes going into the lids. Added 4 inch air stones. The air tube goimg into the sight guage is how this system works but its really big boiling bubbles. The airstones add3d alot of fine bubbles. Gonna watch and see how it does i guess.

Reactions: PK1
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Any ideas on the smooth leaves on this jack herer? Both new plants have more smooth edges than jagged edges on leaves. They were a bit bigger until i topped them. Theyre both making alot of roots and not much upward growth so im sure a huge growth spurt is upon me. Today is nute change day and the nutes go up and thats when i got alot of growth on my last grow.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

You really should bring the air pump above the water level of your buckets, you don’t have check valves on your lines so water can leak back into the manifold of the pump and that’s a no no.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

how come you topped it so early?
I always have topped at the first sign of limbs coming out. Trying to keep as short as possible because im in a closet with limited hieght. When i grew outdoors still i also would top early but for low profile issues because of where i live

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

You really should bring the air pump above the water level of your buckets, you don’t have check valves on your lines so water can leak back into the manifold of the pump and that’s a no no.
I looked into this, before i added the airstones the water had no way to leak back since the air feed is right in the top of the sight guage. Since i added air stones thru the lid i did build me a handy little stand today while i worked on a bowl on my lathe. Im gonna pick the air pump up as high as the bucket lid. Still dont get the straight leaf edges though

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

how come you topped it so early?
I just get to keep a very low and wide profile with 15 or 20 tops when i top this early. I also do alot of training or stem snapping as it grows. My last 2 super silver hazes were 27" tall and nearly 50" wide with many many tops.

BlackJack997

BlackJack997

Will be looking forward to see how the ladies do with this early training....

Also, as i am about to start my first dwc grow myself i had a question. Are you using AN's schedule at full strength? Been reading about cutting the strength in hydro.

Last edited:
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Will be looking forward to see how the ladies do with this early training....

Also, as i am about to start my first dwc grow myself i had a question. Are you using AN's schedule at full strength? Been reading about cutting the strength in hydro.
Start 1/4 strength tops and work up from there advanced has the directions for everything from seedlings to clones all the way through

Top Bottom