Starting a new grow in the new DWC system

• Thread starter Dwcmagic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

..... Do tell 🤔
Because of the chelates used you do not want to PH adjust. I would not even add cal mag to it or any other additives. Its its own beast and the ph will adjust itself. Throw away the ph pen and change the res once you add back the water volume that it held. Eg a 5 gal pail holds about 3.5g of water. So this could be weeks in the beggining and literally days in the end if in DWC and not RDWC.

Last edited:
Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Will be looking forward to see how the ladies do with this early training....

Also, as i am about to start my first dwc grow myself i had a question. Are you using AN's schedule at full strength? Been reading about cutting the strength in hydro.
Yes im using full strength. For seedlings and cuttings its only 1 ml per liter. Google advanced nutrient calculator. I use that and have absolutely no ph issues or anything

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes thats what im running.
Yeah don't adjust it no matter what if it goes way out do a rea change. It will fuxk with the nutrients. Also I suggest a ppm of atleast 400 so it can properly control PH and ideally RO water as thats what its designed for but a low ppm source like tap should be ok.

Honestly the less you mess with this stuff the better it will work for you.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Ok pic #1 is doing great, pic #2 its just got roots to 5ouch the water so i expect rapid growth going into sunday water change. I do not even check ph with these nutes unless i see something wrong. In dwc plants will show you over night if you f'd up something. I have never had a ph issue using these nutes. Both plants were planted as seed on jan 10th.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

This is the water i use. I get the best ph readings with this. I also use it because its a 3 liter bottle. Regular gallon bottles are 3.78 liters which messes up the math when calculating nutrients. Purified water will give a slightly higher ph reading and usually lands me really close to 5.80 ph. It will be 5.65 to 5.90. The only day i check ph is on water change day. Distilled water will knock ph down to 5.4ish and i dont like that.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I dont have a R.O. machine, and i dont trust this county water, even though its well water, it has a chlorine gasser on it

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Because if the chlates used you do not want to PH adjust. I would not even add cal mag to it or any other additives. Its its own beast and the ph will adjust itself. Throw away the ph pen and change the res once you add back the water volume that it held. Eg a 5 gal pail holds about 3.5g of water. So this could be weeks in the beggining and literally days in the end if in DWC and not RDWC.
Well that explains alot I'm so glad by chance I took that route after fighting it on my current grow to begin with when they start to turn they all do my first set of pots lasted almost 3 weeks and two top offs I'm to every four days full swap with a top off in week 7 of veg... Glad I followed my gut on that one ...👍👍

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Ok pic #1 is doing great, pic #2 its just got roots to 5ouch the water so i expect rapid growth going into sunday water change. I do not even check ph with these nutes unless i see something wrong. In dwc plants will show you over night if you f'd up something. I have never had a ph issue using these nutes. Both plants were planted as seed on jan 10th.
Top feed both for atleast two weeks you won't regret it and itll go nuts once got roots with better water access is my though... But in my case it took a few attempts to get them all up to par the ones falling behind will catch up when top fed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Top feed both for atleast two weeks you won't regret it and itll go nuts once got roots with better water access is my though... But in my case it took a few attempts to get them all up to par the ones falling behind will catch up when top fed
+1 makes a huge difference.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

And as you can tell in the picture if you zoom who the hungriest are but basically also shown in the picture is once one shows a defect they all are within a day of doing the same... just learning this lesson through the last 8 weeks of running this I'm slow but I'm up to speed on that one by now

20210127 180612
20210127 180619
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And as you can tell in the picture if you zoom who the hungriest are but basically also shown in the picture is once one shows a defect they all are within a day of doing the same... just learning this lesson through the last 8 weeks of running this I'm slow but I'm up to speed on that one by now
Nothing to complain about there... they look nice and healthy. Well done.

See a touch of micro or sulfur deficiency on a couple. May use a touch higher nutes

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I top fed these for a week, then i quit and made the plant search for water. I woild only give it enough to wet the rockwool and in 2 days i had roots down. Kind of an old trick i used to use on tomatoe plants to get them to root deeper in the summer and not take so much watering

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Those are beautiful, what are they? Mine are jack herer. With my last grow with super silver haze, i shouldve cut the nutes in half. I here theyre nute sensitive. But dwc is awesome. Ive seen 7 inches growth in 24 hrs before. Its crazy

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

How big is this tent? Im thinkimg of getting one. I was looking at 5×5, i wonder if my 2 sf1000's would work since its full of reflectice surfaces

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Last post of the night. I love my little jars, theyre waiting on jack to be ready. Theyre perfect for when youre out and about. Not enough for a felony lol. Grab a jar and go lol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom