Starting a new grow in the new DWC system

• Thread starter Dwcmagic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Nothing to complain about there... they look nice and healthy. Well done.

See a touch of micro or sulfur deficiency on a couple. May use a touch higher nutes
Thank-you and thats kinda the trail I was on the deficiencies and agree on the upping the feed I think I worked my way to full strenght a little slow but overall very happy with the product

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Those are beautiful, what are they? Mine are jack herer. With my last grow with super silver haze, i shouldve cut the nutes in half. I here theyre nute sensitive. But dwc is awesome. Ive seen 7 inches growth in 24 hrs before. Its crazy
Glueberry muffin and Yeti. Yeah I tried that but in my case I think I may have used too big a pot lid everytime I'd think they were ready to go nuts one would just fall a little behind ended up just doing it until one by one they obviously didn't need my help 4 outta the 6 never needed my help but the 2 that did took a minute to figure out partially because the time it took to show a difference and mainly because I never had any idea once set in the pots I'd have to do anything to keep them going... but at least I learned the lesson before loosing the plants

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

This is the water i use. I get the best ph readings with this. I also use it because its a 3 liter bottle. Regular gallon bottles are 3.78 liters which messes up the math when calculating nutrients. Purified water will give a slightly higher ph reading and usually lands me really close to 5.80 ph. It will be 5.65 to 5.90. The only day i check ph is on water change day. Distilled water will knock ph down to 5.4ish and i dont like that.
Not really sure of that company but what minerals are in that water? If your not careful your find your self with a rare thing going on with like iron or boron. An easy way to make good clean water for water is grab a big ass pot that can hold x gallons and put another pot inside it to float in the water as it boils and put a lid upside down with a handle, so the handle acts as a collection point and drips into the inner pan, bam distilled water with trace amount of tap water minerals likes cal mag iron and etc so might come out to like 25ppm or whatever start depending on the source

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Not really sure of that company but what minerals are in that water? If your not careful your find your self with a rare thing going on with like iron or boron. An easy way to make good clean water for water is grab a big ass pot that can hold x gallons and put another pot inside it to float in the water as it boils and put a lid upside down with a handle, so the handle acts as a collection point and drips into the inner pan, bam distilled water with trace amount of tap water minerals likes cal mag iron and etc so might come out to like 25ppm or whatever start depending on the source
Well ive taken Aquaman's advice and ordered me an RO machine. I couldnt tell ya whats in that water, i just kmow it works well

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Well ive taken Aquaman's advice and ordered me an RO machine. I couldnt tell ya whats in that water, i just kmow it works well
Aight cool, I totally agree with any aqua man suggest but can I point out when you say “I know it works well” than what’s the point of ordering something? Not trying to be rude but

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Ok i took a reading on my spring water. I didnt use the nestle water, i used deer park spring water from walmart, 3 liter bottles, the ppm on just the water was 110

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Kind of shocked, one plant is 1 1/2" talk and the other is right at 3" and i can already smell them when i enter the room. I gotta get a grow tent and carbon filter

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

So on the ppm for ro is the only real value to it the lower strategy ppm allowing for more nutrients added? Maybe thats why I'm not having many issues with mine the city waters not even 200 ppm it was 165 when I checked last time so im not sure id really benefit from switching or am I misunderanting still ?

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I use tap water my self anything tap base that’s 150ppm an lower works, just have to adjust when it comes to nutes and watch the ppm that’s all. Some places put additives like grape fruit seed extract which helps with algae and etc so if your one of them people you get a small amount of hydroguard in a way lol

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

I use tap water my self anything tap base that’s 150ppm an lower works, just have to adjust when it comes to nutes and watch the ppm that’s all. Some places put additives like grape fruit seed extract which helps with algae and etc so if your one of them people you get a small amount of hydroguard in a way lol
Nice thats interesting I'm in my first hydro grow and was wondering why it was that so many are always in the water wars seems like maybe I just got lucky enough to not have the struggle I use the nutes but now see how if my quality of city water wasn't available it could really make it more confusing and ro would be totally worth the investment. Everytime I pass the big bottles of it I have wondered what the difference would be I dunno maybe I'll do another test for ro vs city since I have the ability to waiting on soil organic vs hydro organic atm to see about the taste theory I've always heard.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Nice thats interesting I'm in my first hydro grow and was wondering why it was that so many are always in the water wars seems like maybe I just got lucky enough to not have the struggle I use the nutes but now see how if my quality of city water wasn't available it could really make it more confusing and ro would be totally worth the investment. Everytime I pass the big bottles of it I have wondered what the difference would be I dunno maybe I'll do another test for ro vs city since I have the ability to waiting on soil organic vs hydro organic atm to see about the taste theory I've always heard.
Well it all just depends on we’re you live and what’s available. Like say if you lived in flint Michigan, yeah your not using that water for hydro or well anything plant life so they gotta distill water or do RO. Like we’re I am the tap work is about 117ppm so that’s pretty much a shot of cal mag right their, their local springs that comes from the mountains but what’s laying in the bed rock of the stream, it will show in ppm difference since that spring water is gonna have extra boron, zinc, mag, iron or even theirs streams that come from a ponds and well if theirs fish that water is gonna have more nitrogen because of the fish poop.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

I clipped the single leaves from the smallest plant this morning, today the remaining leaves are standing straight up. Pointing at the light. Never seen them srand this straight up. Also an update on the biggest one. And somenroot pics

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I clipped the single leaves from the smallest plant this morning, today the remaining leaves are standing straight up. Pointing at the light. Never seen them srand this straight up. Also an update on the biggest one. And somenroot pics
You got some root issues. Hoping you are using beneficials or atleast sterile but not looking like it.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Ouch those roots are hurting bad you better clean them up and getting hydro guard and that smell you spoke about before is clearly the res because those roots will have their own type of odor.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Ouch those roots are hurting bad you better clean them up and getting hydro guard and that smell you spoke about before is clearly the res because those roots will have their own type of odor.
And for some reason this 1 specific part of the ph perfect fertiliser is really really dark maroon color, the micro, and it stains the roots. The bigger plant is healthy and growing great, i do need to add something for enzymes though.

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

And for some reason this 1 specific part of the ph perfect fertiliser is really really dark maroon color, the micro, and it stains the roots. The bigger plant is healthy and growing great, i do need to add something for enzymes though.
Forgot i had this, its beneficial fungi, i guess it'll work even though i ordered some sensizyme that will be here tomorrow

Top Bottom