Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

Sunday check in .
Went to a cannabis event in Whitehall NY. It was all FB people and vendors ,which I don't do.
But I knew the owner of the property so ...
Lots of good stuuf smoke wise ,no plants,clones or seeds ??
One dude said some one showed up the night before with clones [ $40 each !]
Bud was $100 oz and they had vape cartridges [sealed from mfg ] going for 10 @1 ml. for $80 !!! 😲
I guess I have reached official snob hood ? I expected growers and came with a pocket full of cash [ and like 1lb of my own killer bud] and left with nothing ..
It was nice to see that with every kind of pot going for $100 an oz I have people asking for mine ...I do $100 for my friends .
So it was interesting ,I kick myself for not buying 20 or 30 vape cartridges and realized I may be a snob although I was polite and acted interested at every booth which I did go to every one .

Ok on to plants ..
Moved the GG,all the autos ,and the photo seedlings to the green house ! Had a couple days last week that were close to 90f and my yard is full sun all day so I waited till today .
Still warm weather next couple days ,but cooling and showers so this is the time to harden/acclimate them to outdoors .
All that is left in the room is the 12 clones .
I up potted the autos also along with moving them . They went from their solo cups to 3 g pots. I am counting 5/8 as day one for them . I have 18 only as two did not come up.
These are my first two so I will not cry .
I wonder if 'just because' can be AKA 'why not ' ?
I up potted the autos into 3 g using even amounts of Pro Mix BX / Coast Of Maine Stonington/ Fox farms Strawberry Fields .
I got nothing to say but why not ?🥸
Here they are being re potted ;
0515221645 HDR
0515221646a
0515221646b

This is how I always up pot . Seems to work well?
Here is all the outdoor crew in their new digs, with the autos before getting watered ;
0515221650 HDR

0515221651a

The $140 kit screwed down to PT 6x6 to keep it from blowing away.
Sun all day...Probably going to throw some burlap up to offer more diffusion depending on how the week goes .
The 4x4 tent and the 2x4 tent are empty, and the room holds only the 12 clones . Step one to outdoors done .
Hope all had a great week and better week end .. You all made it through Friday the 13th without a hitch, now we focus on Monday the 16 ! 🤣

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I've got a similar greenhouse for my summer allotment and I will be posting about it in the near future, my first outdoor grow ever. I am only doing 3 plants in the greenhouse, Wedding Cake, Violetta, and Cherry Tonic Web CBD, and my 4th will be in the new room in the new tent in the new fall-ponics setup....thinking that will be the Apples and Bananas I am getting from IG soon.

Can't wait to see what you do in your greenhouse bro! You always rock it and it's fun to watch.

Heywood

Heywood

Digging your setup bro!

50-ish plants in there? Any plans to automate any of the watering/feeding?

I would consider implementing a preventative / systemic pest control method. Better to be proactive rather than reactive. Take a look at SNS209.
Get some sticky traps out there too.

Just because and why not... Synonymous. Take your pick! 😉

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sunday check in .
Went to a cannabis event in Whitehall NY. It was all FB people and vendors ,which I don't do.
But I knew the owner of the property so ...
Lots of good stuuf smoke wise ,no plants,clones or seeds ??
One dude said some one showed up the night before with clones [ $40 each !]
Bud was $100 oz and they had vape cartridges [sealed from mfg ] going for 10 @1 ml. for $80 !!! 😲
I guess I have reached official snob hood ? I expected growers and came with a pocket full of cash [ and like 1lb of my own killer bud] and left with nothing ..
It was nice to see that with every kind of pot going for $100 an oz I have people asking for mine ...I do $100 for my friends .
So it was interesting ,I kick myself for not buying 20 or 30 vape cartridges and realized I may be a snob although I was polite and acted interested at every booth which I did go to every one .

Ok on to plants ..
Moved the GG,all the autos ,and the photo seedlings to the green house ! Had a couple days last week that were close to 90f and my yard is full sun all day so I waited till today .
Still warm weather next couple days ,but cooling and showers so this is the time to harden/acclimate them to outdoors .
All that is left in the room is the 12 clones .
I up potted the autos also along with moving them . They went from their solo cups to 3 g pots. I am counting 5/8 as day one for them . I have 18 only as two did not come up.
These are my first two so I will not cry .
I wonder if 'just because' can be AKA 'why not ' ?
I up potted the autos into 3 g using even amounts of Pro Mix BX / Coast Of Maine Stonington/ Fox farms Strawberry Fields .
I got nothing to say but why not ?🥸
Here they are being re potted ;
View attachment 1245337View attachment 1245338View attachment 1245340View attachment 1245342
This is how I always up pot . Seems to work well?
Here is all the outdoor crew in their new digs, with the autos before getting watered ;
View attachment 1245343
View attachment 1245344
View attachment 1245345
The $140 kit screwed down to PT 6x6 to keep it from blowing away.
Sun all day...Probably going to throw some burlap up to offer more diffusion depending on how the week goes .
The 4x4 tent and the 2x4 tent are empty, and the room holds only the 12 clones . Step one to outdoors done .
Hope all had a great week and better week end .. You all made it through Friday the 13th without a hitch, now we focus on Monday the 16 ! 🤣

I'm just saying, my adoption papers should have arrived by now hey? Must be a hold up with the Post Office...

Looks good though! Green envy over here. How worried are you about pests now that you're moving pretty much strictly outdoors?

steamroller

steamroller

I'm just saying, my adoption papers should have arrived by now hey? Must be a hold up with the Post Office...

Looks good though! Green envy over here. How worried are you about pests now that you're moving pretty much strictly outdoors?
Love the funny and appreciate the kind words .
You, Sweetleaf, Max and Heywood are welcome to come by anytime !
Others are probably welcome too. Good crew here !
On the pest I am actually thinking this my get clean time ?
I spinosad the room and plants a couple times and honestly am not convinced the thrips are gone ..
I want the clones out and I can disinfect everything .
My roots are growing outdoors from back in the 90's so I don't expect 1/10 the issue outdoors as indoors.
All I have to do really,[ think about this ] is make my plants less appealing then all the others ..
Cannabis does this naturally with the terps[ that is really the purpose they serve] , so a little persuasion goes a long way I hope .
At 6 am this am ,overcast and about 60f the photo seedlings were praying like a church choir ! All this time and I don't think they have been happier ..
I think I even heard one talking shit about the 'things I call light' ??? 🤣

Heywood

Heywood

All I have to do really,[ think about this ] is make my plants less appealing then all the others ..

Did you see my mention above on the SNS209? I am not trying to push it on you, but in my brain it just makes a lot of sense in the way that it works - and it does exactly what you mention... makes your plants less appealing. Pests apparently don't like the taste of Rosemary.

I was also curious about whether you were going to implement automated watering of some sort? I can't imagine manually watering 50 plants once they each start chugging a gallon every few days...

If you were closer.. I would happily give a hand trimming.
I get your vibe... I like it.

steamroller

steamroller

I am a fish breeder and 'handling ' thousands of gallons of water a week is a piece of cake . I can manipulate it to be whatever I want easily and accurately time after time ..
In the winter I used a hose to bring 80f water out to the room . I have a mixing station in the basement for my fish room .
I have 5 rubbermaid garbage cans [ 42-24 g ] that are almost all in use .All will be soon . I will probably not automate ? I like to interact and hopefully some will be somewhere else soon ? I am type C not A when it comes to personality and behavior ..I am all about the details and making sure they are done proper [ OCD again ]. Automation is not always better ,and in fish breeding I list many that had nothing but trouble when all was automated and supposedly better then before .The personal touch is appreciated by others besides us humans ..
Summer hours for me should be 6-2 for my 8 hour work day . I wake early and check/ do emergency before work and then get back to them before dinner .
To breed the fish I did and become as recognized and successful as I did takes a dedication to knowledge and work integrated, that honestly seems missing today .
Like I mentioned in the GG elite cut thread ' play to win ' ....
It is all for fun ,but why not try to win ?
Just how I play .
Definitely will look into the SN209. We used to do perimeters around our grows .Piss, hair cuttings ,deer repellant, moth balls even dirty cat litter for animals larger then bugs ! 😲

steamroller

steamroller

Where's our Sunday update, Mr Roller?
I wanna see the greenhouse progress.
I appreciate the interest .
We are all just vegging now so ....
Did I mention I am a procrastinator in the best sense . I won't miss a watering or anything in my mental realm that I deem important, but the rest of what happens in the day is fluff to me ..
The other day, maybe Sunday I thought to my self after 2 beers, and some of my fine smokables do you want another beer or are you happy ? 🤔
My response was a resounding yes ! I had another beer[ or two] and was happy . Fuckin A ! 🥴
Being a good procrastinator is my best impression of being patient ..🤔
The plants are all doing well if not great .
Here is the Grape Gas clone from @ImpulsiveGrower [24 inches tall out of the pot in a 3g outdoors ]..
Marks on fans are from adjustments while indoors and all new growth is great ! Can't wait to complete my line of the elites from IG !👍
DSC 0081

DSC 0082

The photos are loving life in 1g and waiting patiently for me to upgrade them to 3g. To do this the clones,still in room will need to go from 3g to 5g, then I will have 30 @ 3g pots for them ..

DSC 0084

The Autos are all doing well in their 3 g
DSC 0085

The green house
DSC 0087

I will say it has been interesting using a greenhouse for me .Temps for me have swung over 60degrees f for 2 weeks now !
Lows at night in the 40's and high during day so far is 104f ... 😲 They seem to be loving it 😎.
Picked a device called Seahorse for the crystal THC-a and would HIGHLY recommend it to all who have access to the THC-a .🥳

Made it through hump day! It is all down hill from here to holiday weekend for most !
Enjoy ~!

steamroller

steamroller

The clones look the worse of all my plants.. Maybe since they have been with me the longest ? 🤔 🤣
They really needed to be up potted .I just hope in a week or two the ones I did today look as happy as the two AOs I did in the 15th.
I have taken a low dose approach with all plants since we are still so early in season ..
It really is hard to look at plants indoors after viewing outdoor plants and thinking there is any comparison .
Nothing compares to the sun ..
I thought today , funny how no matter what goes wrong in a room or tent general consensus is to lower light output and raise them .I agree and understand if the plant is not getting or using what it needs the lowering intensity is necessary .
Funny how the sun don't give a fuck !!! 😲😎

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The clones look the worse of all my plants.. Maybe since they have been with me the longest ? 🤔 🤣
They really needed to be up potted .I just hope in a week or two the ones I did today look as happy as the two AOs I did in the 15th.
I have taken a low dose approach with all plants since we are still so early in season ..
It really is hard to look at plants indoors after viewing outdoor plants and thinking there is any comparison .
Nothing compares to the sun ..
I thought today , funny how no matter what goes wrong in a room or tent general consensus is to lower light output and raise them .I agree and understand if the plant is not getting or using what it needs the lowering intensity is necessary .
Funny how the sun don't give a fuck !!! 😲😎
This is because the sun is only at max intensity for a 4hr period on the brightest clearest days. So the DLI is actually higher indoor. Mother nature also has a way to deal with things…. But this is 2 weeks growth indoor trying to play god to plants and dont think i have ever seen that outdoors. It all depends on the grow equipment and knowledge

Img 20191218 194941 jpg1180986
Img 20200101 124659 jpg1180988

Latest posts

Top Bottom