Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Woah woah woah I can flavor my buds with high end flavorings? I make my own e-juices and have TONS of flavorings for making my own custom blends, I meanā€¦ in theory it should work as itā€™s absorbing the flavoring in through the the water
Yup but you need the really concentrated stuff

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yup but you need the really concentrated stuff
That is the concentrate (for baking etc) I have to dilute .5ml into 400ml of vegetable glycerin / propylene glycol base and itā€™s still STRONG lol I still donā€™t think Iā€™ll do it anytime soon but wouldnā€™t be bad as a test on a single plant down the road

steamroller

steamroller

OK auto seeds are popping !
Should I place them in square bottom solos, go against conventional wisdom and have to pot them again, or drop them in their final pot and pray for the best raising seedlings in 3-7 g pots ?
What size pot? Bigger is better as I understand ,but I have seen many do well with 3g.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Should I place them in square bottom solos, go against conventional wisdom and have to pot them again, or drop them in their final pot and pray for the best raising seedlings in 3-7 g pots ?
What size pot? Bigger is better as I understand ,but I have seen many do well with 3g.
I went with the 5 gallon fabric pots because of reading they donā€™t like being transplanted, atm Iā€™m guessing the only difference between plant sizes is due to the strains, the 2x Afghan kush are close in size, and the 3x candy kush are also close in size to eachother

I have seen some people on here do transplants and they seems to do just fine so possibly the transplant myth is just malarkey and the sites we buy from just donā€™t want people to stunt the growth on short growing period plants lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My opinion is upot but i havent grown then

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I went with the 5 gallon fabric pots because of reading they donā€™t like being transplanted, atm Iā€™m guessing the only difference between plant sizes is due to the strains, the 2x Afghan kush are close in size, and the 3x candy kush are also close in size to eachother

I have seen some people on here do transplants and they seems to do just fine so possibly the transplant myth is just malarkey and the sites we buy from just donā€™t want people to stunt the growth on short growing period plants lol
Hi,

I've been reading along. I think transplant shock comes from poor transplanting practices or shocking your plant during the process. If caught at the right time when the soil is dry enough to come out of the pot cleanly and there are enough roots to bond the soil.

If the root mass and soil all come out clean and its not falling apart and is gently placed in a pre made hole with moist soil I don't get any shock and they look larger and happier the next day...that's not shock.....

Drop the root mass or have it fall apart and you have to manhandle the roots to get them back in the pot....well ya they're hanging and look upset after a transplant. Auto or not. The only difference I see is IF you shock them they don't have enough grow time to make up for the shock period giving you small plants,

steamroller

steamroller

My opinion is upot but i havent grown then
Nice man !
For some reason I think you and I think the same ? šŸ˜
One has to take into consideration that 'most' auto users are beginner/novice.
Craftmanship is in the details !
Seeds pooped just under 2 weeks ago [4/19] are ready to move from solo to next pot IMO.
Just like @PipeCarver just said , I tested one plant and it came out of cup cleanly and with roots starting to spin around bottom.
I think there are as close to moveable as possible without the doom mentioned also from manhandling and being too early !
Love having an extra day off due to rain ! Looking at outdoor structures to harden plants if it ever get nice enough here !
I'm putting the auto seeds in square bottom solos. Thanks guys !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah @PipeCarver is bang on i think. Upotting is how you keep good controls over your media. Somewhere along the lines someone said dont upot autos but i feel this was said strictly out of dummy proofing and lessening the amount of things to fuck up. Personally i feel your more at risk from losing that control than any transplant shock. The whole ideal kinda goes against everything i know and understand

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah @PipeCarver is bang on i think. Upotting is how you keep good controls over your media. Somewhere along the lines someone said dont upot autos but i feel this was said strictly out of dummy proofing and lessening the amount of things to fuck up. Personally i feel your more at risk from losing that control than any transplant shock. The whole ideal kinda goes against everything i know and understand
Ya that and tents in small apartments, transplanting takes space and can be a mess developing your technique, specially in confined spaces with pre wetting the soil, adding amendments trying to stay clean, water all over the place....lol.......NO TRANSPLANTING AUTO"s could be heard shouted across the state.....lol

steamroller

steamroller

Yeah @PipeCarver is bang on i think. . The whole ideal kinda goes against everything i know and understand

Ya that and tents in small apartments, transplanting takes space and can be a mess developing your technique, specially in confined spaces with pre wetting the soil, adding amendments trying to stay clean, water all over the place....lol.......NO TRANSPLANTING AUTO"s could be heard shouted across the state.....lol
I feel more risk with watering seedlings properly then being a slacker or bad dad of my babies !
I am up potting all 30 seedlings in 4x2 tent in room .They will get 1square like the clones did before them ,then maybe 3-7 for who ever does not get turned to the wild.
The autos will go in solos today. Got a lot to do .
Tried my first screening of dry leaf and small buds that have been in paper bag in the shop [unheated] since January .
Not bad for first time with product I would have otherwise thrown out ?
DSC 0052

^^ That pic does not have the final still on glass in shop^^
The remains went into a 1 Qt. mason jar with Iso and into freezer[ where the iso was to begin]. šŸ¤”
Thanks a bunch to @GNick55 šŸ’Ŗ
Staying home I got to watch the rest of the family wake up and look for breakfast .
DSC 0048

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hi,

I've been reading along. I think transplant shock comes from poor transplanting practices or shocking your plant during the process. If caught at the right time when the soil is dry enough to come out of the pot cleanly and there are enough roots to bond the soil.

If the root mass and soil all come out clean and its not falling apart and is gently placed in a pre made hole with moist soil I don't get any shock and they look larger and happier the next day...that's not shock.....

Drop the root mass or have it fall apart and you have to manhandle the roots to get them back in the pot....well ya they're hanging and look upset after a transplant. Auto or not. The only difference I see is IF you shock them they don't have enough grow time to make up for the shock period giving you small plants,
This is why I was thinking, as itā€™s my first time indoor growing I followed the no transplant method but I agree i think itā€™s just because most people would be too rough with the root ball and end up shocking or killing the plants so they dummy proofed the instructions haha, next run I think Iā€™ll up-pot but I also may run photos on the next run, I diddnt have a big grow space so was worried about running out of room in flower

Iā€™ll be posting later today in my grow diary just got my tent and am working on setting up up atm šŸ˜

steamroller

steamroller

Ok I got the autos that popped into cups on Monday .The rest were ready for soil today [even the little Punch Cut looked to be popping] !
So 3 up out of soil and 17 I am looking at ..
DSC 0053

DSC 0054

DSC 0055

Forgot to mention on Sunday I went back to Mass. to buy another pack of the Punch Cut auto and was given 3 Pina X Zweet autos as freebies also !
All of those have popped so hoping to be growing a total of 20 autos soon !
Just happy they all popped, still nothing bad to say about Ethos !

Finished up potting the photo seedlings in the room. All 30 of them .
Guess I could clone the clones now since the 4x2 is empty ? šŸ¤”
Here's the room šŸ˜¬
DSC 0058

DSC 0062

And the seedling at 2 weeks in soil
DSC 0060

DSC 0061

Replaced 'household ' oscillating fan with new 18 inch oscillating Hurricane ! šŸ˜²šŸ’Ŗ Put the old in the 4X4 tent .
DSC 0059

Ordered more cuts from @ImpulsiveGrower so I can complete the collection from him ..Hoping to have them next week .šŸ‘
Looking for other high quality genetics, so if any of you have thoughts or offerings[not looking for freebies] let me know .
Got another rain day šŸ˜, so I think I will twist up a few and go for a walk in the woods ....šŸ¤”

steamroller

steamroller

you grow more plants in one cycle than I do all year šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø
Keep an eye on me in case I start to lose control . šŸ˜²
All kidding aside when I counted them up I was like wow!
Thank goodness a bunch of them can go outside soon .
Walk in woods was fruitless unless getting wet was the goal .

For someone who has OCD (Me), your grow room makes me happy. šŸ˜Š
Looks great dude!
Thanks man .Yea 3 rows of 5 worked perfect. The 2 lost seeds were meant to be !
I thought about the square pots which are really for hydro and I switched to round not thinking how well they would match the room.
I am a little OCD but pass it off as quality orientated . šŸ„ø
I like to think it is just my best effort at consistency . [ all the same is OCD ? ]

steamroller

steamroller

I moved the drill after first pic !
I should have grabbed the board ,tablespoon and lined up the kelp[oil looking bottle top] a little better.
I mean I should have before pics ! šŸ¤£
Symmetry is nice . šŸ‘
10 autos popping out of soil as of now !
šŸ»

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I moved the drill after first pic !
I should have grabbed the board ,tablespoon and lined up the kelp[oil looking bottle top] a little better.
I mean I should have before pics ! šŸ¤£
Symmetry is nice . šŸ‘
šŸ»
Your room looks so clean and symmetrical lol, I enjoy looking at it, I wish o could grow that many plants at once lol, looks like you have your grow down to a science

steamroller

steamroller

Your room looks so clean and symmetrical lol, I enjoy looking at it, I wish o could grow that many plants at once lol, looks like you have your grow down to a science

Thanks man !
I am not so sure about science.
I surely need help when it comes to finishing IMO.
I do think I have starting seeds down though . šŸ’Ŗ
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good ?

Adding Roots Organic Terp Tea to this grow .I have heard great things about this and would like to move away from salt based ferts if possible .
All plants 1 gallon and up are in 50/50 pro mix BX and Coast of Maine Stonington .

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thanks man !
I am not so sure about science.
I surely need help when it comes to finishing IMO.
I do think I have starting seeds down though . šŸ’Ŗ
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good ?

Adding Roots Organic Terp Tea to this grow .I have heard great things about this and would like to move away from salt based ferts if possible .
All plants 1 gallon and up are in 50/50 pro mix BX and Coast of Maine Stonington .
I went with 100% FF happy frog and using FF neuts, I saw youā€™re following along with my first grow, itā€™s fun as hell, your plants are looking awesome as well as the grow room setup, eventually I want to change bedrooms and set up a full grow room and switch to Photos but for bow Iā€™m trying my luck with the autos seems the better option for me atm with the tent, just hoping my lights give me enough flowering coverage, Iā€™m really liking your lights, what did they cost each?

My wife wants me to pick up a 96ā€x96ā€ and Iā€™d multi level the tent to grow vegetables to harvest indoors (weā€™re a bit of conspiracy theorists lol) the garden out back will be massive for canning at the end of they year and I already have 400 seedlings under LEDā€™s in the basement (about half the total planting plan)

Top Bottom