Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
The Mars Hydro TSL2000 were about $200-240 each. They like everything else keep going up.
$287 on Amazon right now, wow yeah they do keep going up I’d say lol, how do you feel they are for the plants, can you control the % etc? I’m in for the long haul trying to keep costs down but with how o stated before the wife wants a vegetable tent so I can always repurpose lights etc. I do plan to finish out my first grow with my current lights, wanna see what they do with the plants through harvest. I have another 20 auto seeds to run through Hindu Kush x3. Candy kush x2, gorilla glue x2, and master OG x3 (none started yet) I’d love to start some photos I’m already practicing no entering the tent during dark period just to train myself mostly , hard with my work schedule I work 12 hour swing shifts, I believe I have my humidifier refilling down now I can fill every 18 hours and work 12-16 hours at a time (plus a 45 minute drive each way) my wife is home all day and homeschools our kids so in a pinch I can ask her to do some tent care I just try not to if not 100% needed

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yea light works for me ,but is mediocre at best . It is probably all that is needed.
I have learned a higher power light takes the temps much higher in the room.
No one this site would recommend MarsHydro..
So far I’m lucky with temps using the 2x KingLED 1500w lights with veg switch only on I have a radiator space heater that kicks on constantly (perks of having a oversized grow tent I’m guessing) so with a 4” spider farmer fan / carbon filter at 40% im controlling temps and humidity good, I know my temps get much hotter once I switch on that bloom switch though lol so we’ll see then, if I do start a vegetable tent I can always repurpose lights so it’ll be an option to upgrade lights if needed

I have seen people say to run the bloom switch and veg switch on during veg but not sure if it’s needed or if it’s just a waste of power

steamroller

steamroller

I have seen people say to run the bloom switch and veg switch on during veg but not sure if it’s needed or if it’s just a waste of power
I would say run them both almost all the time except when seedlings and very young, but I am not sure about your light .
Depending on how long you veg I would run both after 1 month old.
The plant loves light in both phases, and actually in nature/outdoors gets its strongest sun in veg .
My room now in veg is 75% ,the 2 week old seedlings are at 50%.
Both probably 18 above .Mostly staying up for light spread .

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I would say run them both almost all the time except when seedlings and very young, but I am not sure about your light .
Depending on how long you veg I would run both after 1 month old.
The plant loves light in both phases, and actually in nature/outdoors gets its strongest sun in veg .
My room now in veg is 75% ,the 2 week old seedlings are at 50%.
Both probably 18 above .Mostly staying up for light spread .
Decided to turn in bloom switch earlier today besides having to open the bottom tent flap all the way and bump up the fan another 10% temps are back under control and humidity hanging around 55-60% , had to pick up the lights higher that bloom switch really changes the heat intensity in the direct light but within about an hour and a half the plants all leaned into the lights so they seem like they really liked it lol

Maxwax

Maxwax

Yea light works for me ,but is mediocre at best . It is probably all that is needed.
I have learned a higher power light takes the temps much higher in the room.
No one this site would recommend MarsHydro..
I would and do. My MH FC-E 4800 is a beast. I cant even run it over 75% without frying my plants and IDK what the fuss about MH is here. lol

steamroller

steamroller

Sunday evening ;
All but 2 auto seeds have popped through the soil.
The one Punch cut I suspected and Zweet are lagging or have failed .No loss in waiting, but not super optimistic. 25% hopeful still?
DSC 0067

Got small spotting on the Grape gas like Ca def ? I just gave first RO Terp tea with ca/mag[ Roots Organic also] yesterday and noticed spots today ? They were on backside of plant and I turned her today so just noticed ?
Nothing major hopefully but noticeable in pic. Watching and thinking of up potting the GG to 3 g anytime now .
DSC 0068

Photo seedlings have jumped since Wednesday .
DSC 0064

DSC 0063

The room
DSC 0065

Topped or more appropriately clipped the tops on a couple taller clones .They are all running individual branches ,not pairs so I will gain no extra tops but just trying to keep size in a close range for lighting .

A portable 12X7X7 white carport style greenhouse arrived this week .. 🤔

Happy Mother Day to all it applies to and hope everyone had a great weekend !

steamroller

steamroller

What happened to your bar light that you chopped in half?
I re cut the ends I hand cut with a miter saw and have them on stand by . Nice clean edges.đź‘Ť
Thinking the tent maybe for 1 full set up [8 bars]?
I think they drove my heat up out of easy control in the room . I hope where the tent is I can control the temps better ?
My AC has yet to even need to be used [ it is on a thermal switch] since I finished with those lights.
They drove my room to 86+ what must be over a month ago now . Room has not gone over 85 since and that is todays high .
Getting warm here this week though, close to 80f . Highs back then were 50s .
Need to look into mini splits I think . 🤔 Maybe the AC will work fine ? Going to find out this week I suspect. It is set to operate when the room hits 86f/30c.
I just don't ever see me having the room empty and dark.
Saying it even makes me feel hollow !🤣
I enjoy the challenge to learn to grow better, and just have to be growing or breeding something as an activity. I have a long way to go learning I think .
🍻

steamroller

steamroller

Still got the 5's. Around 20 of them .
Just sticking to 3 g until I figure who goes outdside .
I don't need to try to carry 5 g buckets through the woods, down a trail.
Once all is settled some plants will be up potted to 5g, some maybe bigger .
Glad your enjoying !

steamroller

steamroller

Mid week check and thinking outloud ...
Photo seedlings are 17days out of soil and looking good .
DSC 0069
DSC 0070
DSC 0071

Think they can be 'topped ' this weekend maybe ?
I want to top/snip for a clone and flip all in one swift move !
Do growers do this? I would think so if it works ..
They are on their 4th set of fans so hopefully on Sunday they may be ready to cut ?
Any feed back on that idea is welcome .
Next my Grape gas is showing some def.
I think it is Ca, but honestly none of my plants grown from seed have ever done this .Most just show yellow from mag def and recover quick. Never had brown spots..
DSC 0074
DSC 0075

Here it is a few days ago when I first noticed.
DSC 0068

You can see the issue on tips of fans .That leaf is dead ,as in curled up dead in 2-3 days !
Here is plant today, I up potted to 3g with Coast of Maine Stonington yesterday. I have also begun to pH my water just for this issue but using the ph'd water for all plants.
DSC 0073

Any advice is welcome .
I have fed RO terp tea and RO calcuim/mag. on Sunday as first feeding since receiving .
I may have been light on feedings before this so hoping to turn this around.

Do people top/clone/flip all in one ?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I would give plants a week to recover from a topping before flipping but that's just me, others may feel differently.

steamroller

steamroller

I would give plants a week to recover from a topping before flipping but that's just me, others may feel differently.
I am thinking of flipping the cuts not the plant getting cut. Even if they are sacrificial I will know who is who among all the plants .
Figure that is how to separate the males before it matters ?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Prolly Cal for the grape gas. I use stonington blend as well with great results. She seems young to have anything arise. Is it time to transplant? Fresh nutrient rich soil should do the trick. You said you fed with terp tea and cal/mag so things should be all good now. I’ve somehow been able to keep a mom healthy in a 4in square Pot using the terp tea.

steamroller

steamroller

Prolly Cal for the grape gas. I use stonington blend as well with great results. She seems young to have anything arise. Is it time to transplant? Fresh nutrient rich soil should do the trick. You said you fed with terp tea and cal/mag so things should be all good now. I’ve somehow been able to keep a mom healthy in a 4in square Pot using the terp tea.
Looking a little better .
I up potted from the 1 g to 3g with all Stonington to fill the difference on Tuesday.
The RO calcium mag and the terp tes have the proper proportions but now even my grow room is showing Ca def. I never had this with Jacks321 Ca...
I will just work my dosing up till all is good hopefully .
Thanks for checking in on me , I appreciate the follow up on the GG. đź‘Ť

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Looking a little better .
I up potted from the 1 g to 3g with all Stonington to fill the difference on Tuesday.
The RO calcium mag and the terp tes have the proper proportions but now even my grow room is showing Ca def. I never had this with Jacks321 Ca...
I will just work my dosing up till all is good hopefully .
Thanks for checking in on me , I appreciate the follow up on the GG. đź‘Ť
Fora plant that small you shouldn’t have to use more than 5ml of the roots organics cal/mag. Atleast from my experience… I up the dosage as they get bigger tho and into flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom