Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don’t know if they were russets or spiders. I just know that I saw a few of them with my Loupe. A cheap one with the lights on it. Didn’t become a huge problem. Probably spiders if they are that much larger. And measuring the nitrogen in a brew has always been a guessing game and an experiment for me but the strips were the only thing I could think of.If there is a better way that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg I’m open for suggestions. Thanks for the help, aqua!
You can buy meters but they aint cheap brother

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I had a feeling you were going to say that! I guess I will just stick with my strips and my gut, and my go to solution that seems to work with most Problems. WWCC! What would curly do! Thanks

Jonjr

Jonjr

Thanks man ! 💪
Since I checked in yesterday I figured I would add more detail ,an idea and pics from my first grow .
I have CO2 with Inkbird controller and used some in both grows but do not feel I was applying it properly ,and many say it only tops off perfect conditions so I stopped .
My room is not sealed 100% and when it gets warm the fan brings in outside cold fresh air . I am thinking of build a loop outside the room with 6 inch metal pipe/hose .
Have one fan draw in and another push out at opposite ends of the room [ floor / ceiling ] and let the distance outside the room [ 25 linear feet] cool the air without exchanging any .
Outside the room is unheated and I am in North East so it would hopefully act like a radiator .
Then maybe I can run CO2 for last couple weeks of bud properly ?
I got Coast of Maine kelp today .
Like many other hobbies it is fun to get and do stuff but you can only mess with plants so much .
So adding a new neut or gizmo helps pass the time .
I am probably 1 fert away from switching from Beastie bloomz to Cha Ching in my flower cycle.
I have dosed the MB Secret sauce mentioned in another thread also . I believe it replaces the Bembe in the FF line up with some much better ingredients . Said to be used after flower starts ,I got it right on time and used it twice so far.
I was using Jacks Calcium which is 15-0-0 with epsom salt for Mg ,but got a bag of Roots Organic yesterday and will use that from here out unless there is an issue .
I figure plants will flower till 10 weeks as my last could have maybe even gone longer ,but I offered them less help since it was my first indoor .
I don't 'flush' but I will run water only when i think I am at 2 weeks to cut.
I will use a loop to decide when to cut .

So enough rambling ,everybody loves pictures huh ?
I used Ethos for my first grow also . Mandarin cookie, Grape Diamond and Hash Plant .
Here is what I got for pics, the room first ;
View attachment 1225781
View attachment 1225782
View attachment 1225783
Some Buds;
View attachment 1225784
View attachment 1225785
View attachment 1225786
View attachment 1225787
View attachment 1225788
View attachment 1225789
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend !!
40% Maybe bit soon your asking me are you haha

All sounds good man , be intresting to see you end results now if nosed at your stuff and spoken to you about littelly everything :)

I can't see me spending 500 on one then lol , I didn't know about the cheaper insane the math fuck that, if I pay over 100 I expect it to tell me not do the work for it.

Ye you did tell me the other day your using RO water
Do you use netting? Looks like those buds are gona get ginormous!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Embarrassingly enough I have never used a net/ scrog!
I am considering .but I spin my plants and nets don't allow that.
I do use yo-yos for weak branches but they are few and far between.
That grow had good sized buds and held up fine through 10-11 weeks of flower[ first indoor grow for me]!
I tied my bigger buds that where hanging down to other large branches in the other side of the plant with wire because I move my plants to water them so hanging lines from the ceiling wouldn’t have worked for me , I also spin mine around each watering too

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Mine has been upwards of 110F in the greenhouse and the plants seem to be handling it fairly well. I think the Apples and Bananas doesn't like it very much cause she has been throwing a lot of 3 leaflet leaves but the other 3 seem fine. Not too much I can do about it.

steamroller

steamroller

Should you condition the air? Its gonna get worse for the next two months.
The room is air conditioned, but I will not go that far with greenhouse.
But the room could be done soon and then plants can go in?
My Apples and Bannas along with my Grape Gas clones are all in the tent in the room under 18/6 and living a little more comfy.
I didn't want any of the clones to flip and many in green house are preflowering now..
Besides going through more water the plants have been troopers IMO.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The room is air conditioned, but I will not go that far with greenhouse.
But the room could be done soon and then plants can go in?
My Apples and Bannas along with my Grape Gas clones are all in the tent in the room under 18/6 and living a little more comfy.
I didn't want any of the clones to flip and many in green house are preflowering now..
Besides going through more water the plants have been troopers IMO.
Hey, your plants look great growing in that heat, It must be a job keeping them watered, I'm going through water in my 3 gallon fabric pots every 2 days now, I used to water - feed but I'm now water water feed to get through 1 week and we're not close to your temps. We finely have some warm weather but still only 2 days between thunder showers & clouds. its the close to 100% humidity everyday that's hard to handle. Typical weather for us through the summer, some years like last year there's not as many sunny days. They are also now advising not to go into the water within 2 days of rain fall because run off water has contaminants in it toxifying our lakes & beaches with bacteria & other crap........

every

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hey, your plants look great growing in that heat, It must be a job keeping them watered, I'm going through water in my 3 gallon fabric pots every 2 days now, I used to water - feed but I'm now water water feed to get through 1 week and we're not close to your temps. We finely have some warm weather but still only 2 days between thunder showers & clouds. its the close to 100% humidity everyday that's hard to handle. Typical weather for us through the summer, some years like last year there's not as many sunny days. They are also now advising not to go into the water within 2 days of rain fall because run off water has contaminants in it toxifying our lakes & beaches with bacteria & other crap........
View attachment 1263535
every
I would 100% be using plastic pots outside in those temps!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I only have peppers outside in fab pots. Its my indoor grow that they are drying out so fast, the heat and my 2 dehumidifiers running 24/7 pulling moisture from everywhere pots included. This is my first year in the fab pots, I like how the roots grow in them and my plants are healthy when watered. They seems to dry out the last half faster than the first. I can check my plants in the am and think they are fine buy by the afternoon they are dry and hanging that didn't happen in plastic.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Damn, PC! You are going to have to break out the sunscreen! Don’t know how your humidity is steamroller. But I would just apply a little horse sense when dealing with new environments. I would think hot and dry The plants will still do a lot of respiring and require normal or more water. Hot and humid I would think would reduce the respiration thus requiring less water. I would just watch the plants and Water when they begged for it. I may be way off base here. And if it’s humid try and get as much evaporation going out of the pots as possible with fans, etc. That can keep your Roots they little cooler. You probably have figured this out. Just my two cents. Keep those plants looking good!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Damn, PC! You are going to have to break out the sunscreen! Don’t know how your humidity is steamroller. But I would just apply a little horse sense when dealing with new environments. I would think hot and dry The plants will still do a lot of respiring and require normal or more water. Hot and humid I would think would reduce the respiration thus requiring less water. I would just watch the plants and Water when they begged for it. I may be way off base here. And if it’s humid try and get as much evaporation going out of the pots as possible with fans, etc. That can keep your Roots they little cooler. You probably have figured this out. Just my two cents. Keep those plants looking good!
Sunscreeen ? in Nova Scotia? on this whale? lol...good one....When I lived in Hawaii late 70's only the tourist were in the sun, the locals hang in the shade drinking cool ones. I think that's the same in a lot of places so being local...I stay in the shade.

I have my back yard all dug up because of grey water plumbing problems and I have to manually fix it. I HAD A BACKHOE IN AND HE BUSTED THROUGH INTO MY TANK. OOPS CAPS..and he ripped up my 3" line and a 2" line We had no choice we had to find the tank & lines so now I have so much heavy work to do shoveling dirt & I need crushed rock to fill the trench in this heat and humidity its killing me just to type now.....fk I'm old......couple hours work and I'm whipped.

AND I still have my garden to look after...I need a younger clone or 2...

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Lol! That’s brutal! It’s not like you can put off a sewer repair. My shit is even older than that. It’s just a big brick lined hole in the ground probably eight or 9 feet in diameter and 10 or 12 feet deep. No Leitchfield. Just goes in the top and drains out through the bottom. I guess it’s referred to as a cesspool. Lol But it can gobble up some water and sewage. Think it got grandfathered in.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol! That’s brutal! It’s not like you can put off a sewer repair. My shit is even older than that. It’s just a big brick lined hole in the ground probably eight or 9 feet in diameter and 10 or 12 feet deep. No Leitchfield. Just goes in the top and drains out through the bottom. I guess it’s referred to as a cesspool. Lol But it can gobble up some water and sewage. Think it got grandfathered in.
ya, that's what my septic/ toilet/shower runs into...the grey water isn't as fancy lol... large steel drum in the ground with holes in the drum. I have to cover the drum ( I'll fill it with crushed rock, its half full of dirt from the backhoe cave in) and run a trench full of crushed gravel deep enough so that -30 c won't freeze it

steamroller

steamroller

View attachment 1263535
every
I follow your thread and consider your info valuable.
You are one of the reasons I have not used the 24 @ 5g fabric pots I have. 👍
My schedule has been wonky the last 3 weeks to boot [ driving 250 miles a day to work 8 hours in the heat!].
My time at Hyde park FDR presidential library has come to an end. Job is complete and they love it.

I hit one of my septic lines 8 years ago when I built my 30X50 pole barn/ shop and had to have my tank pumped almost yearly until last year.
Last year I rented a backhoe for a week and repaired my sytem with over 100 feet of new line and about 23 tons of gravel.
Seems to have fixed that , but was no fun at all.

In the green house I notice some of the autos are done .
They will probably all get cut this weekend or moved into the room to finish under control.
Yesterday was record breaking heat the news said.
My plants said bring it on!!!😲

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

How's that Nugsmasher treating you? I am currently trying to think of a way to make good use of all this flower that would take me a decade to smoke

steamroller

steamroller

Seems unbelievable, but I am not going through my stash real fast.
Still got plenty from first grow[ Jan harvest] and most all of the May harvest.
I haven't pressed or needed to since when I first got it.
I swear I smoke ALL DAY, but the bag is never empty!

Killed a couple more of the smaller finished autos, and will probably kill a couple more today/tomorrow.
Found some bud rot on two plants in small spots and think the heat/ RH this week have had their effect. These two will likely get chopped tonight.
Funny when I plucked the rot off of one of them I found a seed! A female auto that I am 99% sure has not been exposed to any males.
Got a funny feeling I will find more? If they are only on the one strain, JACKPOT I believe? If there is multiple strains I will consider a sneaker male possibly.
I have been pretty thorough checking plants daily and have not seen one ball develop or open?

Up potted all the rest of the regulars to 3 g and think I am 99% female plants? Got two that I think are male still but they are showing nothing.
All others are showing female.
Picked up a bottle of Tiresias mist to play with the Grape Gas from @ImpulsiveGrower 💪. Got more than a few clones of the GG and the two Apples and Bannas in a tent under 18/6.

The room is finishing fast due to N deficiency. I did not master the roots organic ferts and let the room finish lite. I ferted for flower with the fox farms and the buds smell and look great, just a little smaller then I think they should have been. Hopefully thy make up for size with higher cannabinoids/terps. Not worried eitherway as the smell is out of control..
Some pics of the green house;
DSC 0117

DSC 0118

DSC 0119

DSC 0120

DSC 0121

DSC 0122

^^ The Grape GAS ^^
DSC 0123

^^ White Runtz from Humbolt seed. Possibly a fast strain? ^^
DSC 0124

Hope everyone is staying cool.
Happy Saturday, maybe more on the room tomorrow?

Top Bottom