Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I just took readings with my app :)
And also I tried shading my inkbird tempreture sensors and what difference in readings so like you said it does seem they would affect leaf temps and not just the air temp

Any advice in what numbers I need on par and lux ? Is it just them 2 ?
The readings I took are in the link And also 2 videos on shade and not shading my inkbird tempreture sensor

steamroller

steamroller

Like I mentioned in the other thread I set my PAR accordingly with VPD and cycle of the plant .
I keep lights to 50% mostly before flower and then ramp up and move lights to keep things right .
I shoot for 3-5 degree leaf temp difference along with the RH to determine how high my lights can be .

steamroller

steamroller

I'll be transplanting the clones to 1g pots tomorrow I think.
Hoping they fit in the tent ! I have like 20 that did well and few that are rough but I will count it as a success for my first clones .
I'll do weekend / 5 week update tomorrow when it is raining .
Going to put the top and go for a cruze I think !

steamroller

steamroller

OK the clones rooted much better than I would have expected in the time . Maybe I am too patient [ been called a procrastinator before ? ] .
Before transplant
DSC 0912

DSC 0914

DSC 0915

They aren't the best but I will call it success and hope for happier clones next time .
Now I will practice nursing distressed plants ! 😆
I would like to stunt them or grow them real slow if possible until better weather arrives and the tenants in the room are evicted !

1 day short of 5 weeks in flower .
Just switched to Cha ching from Beastie bloom .
Adding the secret sauce with every feeding .
The room
DSC 0916

Agent Orange
DSC 0917

DSC 0918

Orange velvet . First shot is plant that has no/little
color change .Oddly it had 1 leaf that went purple / gold fast right at the super cropping knuckle .
DSC 0919

Next the OVs with purple
DSC 0920

DSC 0921

DSC 0922

The Crescendo
DSC 0923

Grape Diamond
DSC 0924

DSC 0925

Par
DSC 0926

DSC 0928

Letting the plants grow closer and watching close .
VPD is not easily managed now and I am in upper threshold if not over during daylight .
The OV is leading the way with best development with GD close behind . Not disappointed with any though .
OV purples are sticky and sweet smelling . 🥳
DSC 0929

DSC 0930
DSC 0930

DSC 0931

For you hipsters 😆
For us old guys also

Hope everyone is having a great weekend . Spring is coming to NY !
Fert and grow strong ! 💪

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
OK the clones rooted much better than I would have expected in the time . Maybe I am too patient [ been called a procrastinator before ? ] .
Before transplant
View attachment 1227547
View attachment 1227548
View attachment 1227549
They aren't the best but I will call it success and hope for happier clones next time .
Now I will practice nursing distressed plants ! 😆
I would like to stunt them or grow them real slow if possible until better weather arrives and the tenants in the room are evicted !

1 day short of 5 weeks in flower .
Just switched to Cha ching from Beastie bloom .
Adding the secret sauce with every feeding .
The room
View attachment 1227550
Agent Orange
View attachment 1227551
View attachment 1227552
Orange velvet . First shot is plant that has no/little
color change .Oddly it had 1 leaf that went purple / gold fast right at the super cropping knuckle .
View attachment 1227553
Next the OVs with purple
View attachment 1227554

View attachment 1227555

View attachment 1227556
The Crescendo
View attachment 1227557
Grape Diamond
View attachment 1227558
View attachment 1227559
Par
View attachment 1227560
View attachment 1227561
Letting the plants grow closer and watching close .
VPD is not easily managed now and I am in upper threshold if not over during daylight .
The OV is leading the way with best development with GD close behind . Not disappointed with any though .
OV purples are sticky and sweet smelling . 🥳
View attachment 1227566
View attachment 1227567View attachment 1227567
View attachment 1227571

For you hipsters 😆
For us old guys also

Hope everyone is having a great weekend . Spring is coming to NY !
Fert and grow strong ! 💪
oh ya thats da kine man.....been a long time since I've even thought of them.....nice to hear some of the music I click on here doesn't play through long, a couple of screeches off tune and I'm out.....lol....I'm old all this new fangled music the young kids play these days........fk I really said that......In my day I'da.......oh know I really can't help myself......I've turned into my Grandfather.....lol😁😁

steamroller

steamroller

oh ya thats da kine man.....been a long time since I've even thought of them.....nice to hear some of the music I click on here doesn't play through long, a couple of screeches off tune and I'm out.....lol....I'm old all this new fangled music the young kids play these days........fk I really said that......In my day I'da.......oh know I really can't help myself......I've turned into my Grandfather.....lol😁😁
57 here . I listen to 'oldies ' from my youth when home . The best music made for sure .
Alternative rock many a day at work !
Got to try to keep everyone happy and jamming away .

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Figured I might show what I am up to .
Second indoor grow / old school outdoor long ago [80-90s].
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Coast of Maine Stonington 50/50 in 5 g buckets after starting in solo cups and Coast of Maine starter soil .
Here is the room as of yesterday .
View attachment 1220088
View attachment 1220092
View attachment 1220093
I am growing Ethos genetics from seeds.
I started 5 Crescendo that were freebies and regular m/f from my first grow purchase . Got 3 males exactly 1 week into flower [ 12/12] and removed them 👍
Also got a free Agent Orange female from Sunwest Genetic with the purchase of this grows seeds.
Have 5 Grape Diamond [ female] for a repeat from grow #1[ Ethos]
Have 4 out of 5 Orang Velvet Underground [ female]. One just did not come up and keep up well at all so I removed it .
So 12 plants total ; 2 crescendo [ C ] , 4 orange velvet Underground [ OV ],5 grape diamond [ GD ]and 1 agent orange [ AO ].
They are 11 days into cycle now and the OV is turning the fastest .

Had a buddy come take some clones last Saturday [ 1 week 12/12] and felt 'inspired' [ bored] after talking more with him .
So Between Sunday and Yesterday I put together what I needed to clone myself .
I have never cloned !😲
So here is the aeroponic cloner I made and the tent I put it in .
View attachment 1220095View attachment 1220096
The tent is 4x2, 82f with RH around 65%
I needed the tent since the room is running 12/12 so I guess this will work .
Nice meeting/ reading from you all .
Love your setup

steamroller

steamroller

Looking good old dog! Happy to see what kind of tricks I can learn from ya and I think we can all appreciate a well built, crisp, organized, maintained grow :)
Very cool and thanks !
I learn from every post I read .Even if I learn not to do something .
I have and will make my share of mistakes . The more you do you know ?
I just enjoy the challenge to do / grow better . I have enough from last grow to relax till next winter but I enjoy the growing .
It really is a hobby that you can get carried away with , which are my favorite kinds !

The set up is going to get better soon . I ordered new lights last night .
I had the Diablo scorpion in mind but between actual PAR numbers and being a board light instead of bar light took me in a different direction .
I watched the video [ https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/led-lights-should-i-buy-this-or-something-else.136621/post-2762955 ] in a thread where I advocated for the HLG and I just couldn't do it .
I am believing I will have a FAR more powerful light . It will also have much greater flexibility for me and the room with this particular fixture .
2 Mars FC 8000 will installed hopefully for the last weeks off flower . I know no one considers Mars a high quality light , but the PAR speaks for itself IMO . It reviewed very well in the video .
I am psyched !! 😛🥴💪
Just waiting on shipment notification and tracking .😏

steamroller

steamroller

Ordered the lights Sunday night .
Free shipping .
Here on Tuesday . 💪
The lights should be installed on Saturday no matter what .
They may get installed Thursday if I get a rain day .😏
😲 Really surprised by speed of delivery 😲
DSC 0946

8 bars per fixture.
DSC 0947

DSC 0948

Can't wait to get these up and going !😎

steamroller

steamroller

Who loves the rain ?
The guy who keeps people dry in their homes and businesses !!
I get today off [ none of my work has leaked for over 30 years now ] . 💪 🥳
The 2 FC 8000's are assembled and I just need to re work the hanging and get the lights up today .
I need to hit the hydro store also to get 4 more meta vega hangers as each light only came with 2 and the typical wire leader type splitter.

I will not be balancing this almost 4'x4' light on 2 chords. 4 points of attachment for each and I will be able to level the light how ever I want .
Then off to get 2@ 20lbs. bottles of CO2 for the last weeks of my cycle .
I am very confident these lights will up my game and allow CO2 to fit in and work properly .
Look at the size of the ballast/transformer/power switcher for one light !
DSC 0949
DSC 0950

More pics as I progress and a couple questions on the plants as they start their colorful fade [will be posting pics in the colorful fade thread also ] .
The plants are crushing it IMO !!🥴

Top Bottom