Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

It's probably a close toss up . Chicks got 2 of my favorite things ! 😁
Lights are up and in and on and I am heading out to get CO2 and hardware to reconfigure the lights !
The rail going across the room kills me .I knew this would be but was waiting to get there .
I am going to cut each rail in half making each light 2@ about 2x4. Drawn to the walls this will allow me a walk trail down the middle .🥸
Here's some pics ;
Again the transformer for scale [ knee high on the short guy !]
DSC 0951

DSC 0952
DSC 0953

DSC 0960

I'll be back with my questions and few more pics ,off to hardware store !

Maxwax

Maxwax

I had to go back and make sure I read correctly that this is your second indoor grow. Hells bells old man. Looking great! That FC 8000 should crank. I have a FC-E 4800 and I have as much PPFD/Umol as Ill ever need. More than Ill ever need.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Have you checked the PAR on those new bar LED's? They seem really really close to the canopy at their current setup height. Are you actually going to chop them in half?? lol

steamroller

steamroller

The lights have really been cut in half ! Well the bar that makes the fixture 45 inches . Now each fixture is about 20 inches with 4 bars on each .
Using the photone app I will say I see no difference at all for PAR or LUX !! ??
Not real sure what to make of it . The reading would not go over the reading at canopy[ 826] no matter how much closer I held the phone to the light ? That makes no sense to me unless the app or my phone is limited .
That being said I left them pretty close .
Can't load pics now for some reason , so we will try later .😠
Going to start a thread on VPD question I have ,the other questions will wait for pics .
It's almost Friday ! 🥳

steamroller

steamroller

Pics are ready

Nothing like voiding the warranty on day 1 !
I'll give them another trim and adjust hook placement to get them closer to the wall.
Leaves me a 12 inch path I stand erect !
Got to say The TSL 2000 are way more convenient space wise, but these to offer a larger foot print at least .
Room is running a little warmer at 83 with fan running fresh air . So holding off on CO2 till weekend when I can complete all this and see at least 1 days worth of behavior
All lights are 100%
Need to hook up the re circulating cooler I mentioned before [ procrastinators 101 says mention things before other make you answer ].

Ok here is a couple of the plants in their fading colors .
Is there something that I should have done better to prevent or delay ?
DSC 0954

DSC 0956

DSC 0958

DSC 0959

I am not worried as my first grow did this also .
I am just wondering if there is something here for me to learn ?
I am on Fox Farm ferts full boar [ full dose] as per feed chart with cal/mag .

Last edited:
Wellrooted

Wellrooted

I'll be transplanting the clones to 1g pots tomorrow I think.
Hoping they fit in the tent ! I have like 20 that did well and few that are rough but I will count it as a success for my first clones .
I'll do weekend / 5 week update tomorrow when it is raining .
Going to put the top and go for a cruze I think !
View attachment 1227179
What kinda drop top you got?

Maxwax

Maxwax

The lights have really been cut in half ! Well the bar that makes the fixture 45 inches . Now each fixture is about 20 inches with 4 bars on each .
Using the photone app I will say I see no difference at all for PAR or LUX !! ??
Not real sure what to make of it . The reading would not go over the reading at canopy[ 826] no matter how much closer I held the phone to the light ? That makes no sense to me unless the app or my phone is limited .
That being said I left them pretty close .
Can't load pics now for some reason , so we will try later .😠
Going to start a thread on VPD question I have ,the other questions will wait for pics .
It's almost Friday ! 🥳
Make sure your diffuser is in place right. IDK

Ph 007

Ph 007

It's probably a close toss up . Chicks got 2 of my favorite things ! 😁
Lights are up and in and on and I am heading out to get CO2 and hardware to reconfigure the lights !
The rail going across the room kills me .I knew this would be but was waiting to get there .
I am going to cut each rail in half making each light 2@ about 2x4. Drawn to the walls this will allow me a walk trail down the middle .🥸
Here's some pics ;
Again the transformer for scale [ knee high on the short guy !] View attachment 1229239
View attachment 1229240View attachment 1229241
View attachment 1229242
I'll be back with my questions and few more pics ,off to hardware store !
Looking dam good man, is it a sealed room?
I want to change to a sealed room but worrie costs out more costs
I have a 500/900w dehumidifier I cause and a a.c us it 1000w but it sucks because is a portable one and it has to be vented out somewhere so get smell leaks if I use it

steamroller

steamroller

What kinda drop top you got?
I got two verts! A Crossfire and Corvette . It is not corvette season yet in NY .
Looking dam good man, is it a sealed room?
I want to change to a sealed room but worrie costs out more costs
I have a 500/900w dehumidifier I cause and a a.c us it 1000w but it sucks because is a portable one and it has to be vented out somewhere so get smell leaks if I use it
The room is sealed but the cooling fan draws fresh air so not sealed until I create the continuous loop .

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

I got two verts! A Crossfire and Corvette . It is not corvette season yet in NY .

The room is sealed but the cooling fan draws fresh air so not sealed until I create the continuous loop .
That loop system sounds like a great idea. So essentially you would have the ductwork run along the outside of the room in another air conditioned room? But how cold would that room have to be to cool the ductwork enough to bring cool air back in?

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

The cord that goes from the light to the power units not nearly long enough.
Not only is it not long enough but I think with these drivers on the leds you have to have that run of wire connecting them to the lights as short as possible for them to maintain efficiency. Distance from outlet to driver I don’t think matters but from driver to light does

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

When you said drop the top and take a ride I instantly thought of this song!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

The colouring is a little worrying. Showing some signs of a possible K deficiency. Might just be a few plants that are a little hungrier.

"The change in color is generally attributed to the appearance of anthocyanin, a water-soluble pigment that plants generate either due to their genes or due to potassium deficiency, and low temperatures can also influence color change."

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

"If it’s not in their genes, it could also be due to a lack of phosphorus which tends to come out during the flowering phase, maintaining a healthy green during the growth period and at around the fourth flowering week the leaves will begin turning purple, lilac or slightly red. Although, if you automatically assume that this is because of the temperature, then you’ll continue with your crop as if this feature was simply aesthetic, but it’s an easy mistake to make as your plants are actually giving you an important indication that they’re lacking something, and you’ll definitely notice it in the final yield of your crop."

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

"If it’s not in their genes, it could also be due to a lack of phosphorus which tends to come out during the flowering phase, maintaining a healthy green during the growth period and at around the fourth flowering week the leaves will begin turning purple, lilac or slightly red. Although, if you automatically assume that this is because of the temperature, then you’ll continue with your crop as if this feature was simply aesthetic, but it’s an easy mistake to make as your plants are actually giving you an important indication that they’re lacking something, and you’ll definitely notice it in the final yield of your crop."
Can you Post a link to the article you quoted from? Sounds like something worth nerding out on

Top Bottom