Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

The cord that goes from the light to the power units not nearly long enough.
Mine are the same I extended mine last summer with house electric wire muat had a 3 metre length from driver to light, I did read this might affect something ,can't remember what tho, was somewhere along them lines or draw or watt or power outlet of the light gives lol

steamroller

steamroller

Why don't your put the light drivers/ power packs outsider the room that will get the temps down
I have this idea to place the drivers in 6 inch duct work with a fan and see if I can detour a lot of the heat from ever even mixing with room air .A fan powered tunnel from one end of room to other right through the walls ! I think the cord is 10' long? I know for sure is longer then on the TSL2000s. Need to ponder the ballast treatment .👍
That loop system sounds like a great idea. So essentially you would have the ductwork run along the outside of the room in another air conditioned room? But how cold would that room have to be to cool the ductwork enough to bring cool air back in?
The loop would be be just metal duct work from one end of room to other [ over 25 feet of pipe] that I would probably pop rivet heat fins onto.
I would run it on the outside ceiling over the room in 'unheated/conditioned ' air . not a lung room yet [ but may be necessary ] .
When you said drop the top and take a ride I instantly thought of this song!
Besides the two verts I have a 99 1200xlr with under 12k on it !
The verts and NYs helmet law along with wife and job make driving an easy choice over riding , but it is here if the old guy gets bored or ambitious ...😁
It's not all bad being old ! My shit is paid for !

So I hope I caught up with you all I appreciate the input .
On the color change, I think I know why so soon and who is to blame .😒
I am sure I have had as much influence over this early IMO change as genetics . I will say when I cloned the OV went full fall autumn color and have been the slowest to root and recover.
By the way the clones are killing it like you all expect and I will update photos tomorrow on them .💪
So I think with the only plants having the color change being the OV that it is 'genetics' and some of my doing .
I have been doing my best to fert as much as possible and with the 3 different finishers for fax farm [ open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching] I have tried to 'whip' through the cycle .
I will honestly say I installed the cha ching today for the second time which may be 'ahead of the game ' a little thus giving me my results .
Definitely not deficient as I am adding 2 ferts heavy in K and a third 'finisher ' hormone vitamin mix.
So I think I sort of did it on purpose ? Just wasn't thinking like the plant [ this will change ] .
Came home today to the room being 93 degrees !!😲
Some minor wilting but everyone was in good enough shape to tough it out .Heat and drought stress done for flower cycle now . 😁
Cut the 6 inch hole through the ceiling so I can install the loop tomorrow hopefully. Lights are out now so all good !

On the me not flipping out about my PAR reading yesterday it was sunny and beautiful today at work .The type of sun that burns you .
Whipped out the phone and pointed it at the sun and it read ..........826 !!!😲😏😎 No fucking joke ,so I am sure I have the lights now within Gods limits and may raise them a little tomorrow after cutting the bars to make my path better .I am lucky to have not scorched the plants today for sure .
And before some young gun says what does that olde fuck know about the sun here what it was like at work today . 😁
0325221144a HDR

Only been doing copper roofs for about 27 years now . There were moments of intense sun today although far from summer .
826 , fuck photone I have more sense then that . I will see if there is a setting besides LED but I see no need for a Quantum to confirm my suspicions unless I run into trouble .
Pic of the vette , it's going to rain all weekend so still no ride for 2022 yet !
DSC 0677

We made it to Friday ! 🥳

Everyone enjoy !!!

Last edited:
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

This is the turd that I use. I figure it's better than flying blind. And with a little conversion magic...I've got my readings :p

Yeah it's no apogee but whatever. 93f? damn that's hot. Just getting to the end of winter here. Happy Friday

Ph 007

Ph 007

My room today extractor fan and night heaters fues blew toddy to many things running off one extension lead lucky it did it's job and no fire

Speaking of 93f
My room was 94f today for 6 hours the fan was off
And last night temp hit 66f

2 weeks Into flower, I went in to de-leaf but I left them alone obviously lol

Hopefully it didn't have then to hermie
20220325 151644
20220325 151848
20220325 152121

steamroller

steamroller

I responded to your thread .
TGIF! I need to get the heat under control also .
I do have AC that will hopefully help. Otherwise it is a heater I have to remove to install another AC only unit I have that will do fine .
The Unit in the room is LG heater /AC wall unit . The heater has been tits all winter without issue .
I ran the AC one day last week when I wnet to work and it did not seem to perform properly ?
If the room is 24/7 then I can AC without needing heat , but I need the heat still while in 12/12 and temps in the 20s at night still .
I'll deal with summer when it gets here,which is about 4-5 weeks for the room on my estimated schedule .I like to dry first week in room at 68 with controlled humidity and then I can introduce the clones to space ..
Here is my AC/heater ;

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

I responded to your thread .
TGIF! I need to get the heat under control also .
I do have AC that will hopefully help. Otherwise it is a heater I have to remove to install another AC only unit I have that will do fine .
The Unit in the room is LG heater /AC wall unit . The heater has been tits all winter without issue .
I ran the AC one day last week when I wnet to work and it did not seem to perform properly ?
If the room is 24/7 then I can AC without needing heat , but I need the heat still while in 12/12 and temps in the 20s at night still .
I'll deal with summer when it gets here,which is about 4-5 weeks for the room on my estimated schedule .I like to dry first week in room at 68 with controlled humidity and then I can introduce the clones to space ..
Here is my AC/heater ;
Too bad we can’t just bottle exhausted heat to open and reintroduce during lights out. Lol

steamroller

steamroller

So today I can loosely monitor the room .
There is a open vent now in ceiling 6 inches waiting for ductwork to be installed .
The cord for the ballast is about 10' long so I can easily rig something up. The ballast will easily fit in 6 inch duct so a simple duct fan or another AC infinity would manage that well IMO.
The CO2 is hooked up and set for 1231 .
All plants look good none of the wilted leaves have fallen off so I may have arrived in time yesterday .
Found a second deficiency page to use and I guess I need to dose Epsom salt for sulfur . I have what I consider a lot of yellow leaves all of a sudden and believe the plants are consuming heavy .The link said Epsom salts for sulfur so ??
Seemed like a good link so I will share ;
Pics of clones and room a little later .
Old guy tune
For the youth and the old guy

steamroller

steamroller

Ok room seems to be under control .
I added a second AC/infinity to the intake of fresh air .
Between that and the 6 inch hole the room stays 80 again .
CO2 is getting to 900-1000 so all good there.
Switched the photone to white red LED and it says 1956 PAR and on white blue it say 1100-1200 PAR .
I will guess the white blue is close to accurate ?
I'll load the video of clones and room when site allows . Loads youtube no sweat ?
Crazy.. 😁

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

You can go to settings on Photone app and set it to your type of light and with leds there’s a buncha sub categories for spectrum selection to choose from to get accurate readings.. go to your light manufacturer and find the spectrum or kelvin info on your light and set Photone to that. Also don’t forget your diffuser (I just wrap a white piece of paper around the top of the phone over the camera and hold it tight against my case to make sure lights not leaking around it)

Im sure you already know and do this just sharing because I had some confusion at first using Photone and had to do a little data digging on my lights to get it set up right

steamroller

steamroller

The clones . The two in black pots just got transplanted today . Lots of duck feet and funny leaves .

The room with the new lights and the inkbird CO2 controller[ ICC-500T ] doing it's thing .
The CO2 is the tube on the oscilating fan for now .

Maxwax

Maxwax

You can go to settings on Photone app and set it to your type of light and with leds there’s a buncha sub categories for spectrum selection to choose from to get accurate readings.. go to your light manufacturer and find the spectrum or kelvin info on your light and set Photone to that. Also don’t forget your diffuser (I just wrap a white piece of paper around the top of the phone over the camera and hold it tight against my case to make sure lights not leaking around it)

Im sure you already know and do this just sharing because I had some confusion at first using Photone and had to do a little data digging on my lights to get it set up right
as an add on you can get the color spectrum map which looks kinda cool. I dont know if it does but it would be cool if it took that reading and did the math for you and make any fine adjustments on its own...

and I didnt know you could even fine tune it per light spec. Edit to add: Eh....its a calibration thing that looks like homework or out of my league. Factory settings are fine.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Pics 1 day before 6 weeks
Orange Velvet Underground
DSC 0968

DSC 0967

DSC 0971

Atomic Orange
DSC 0961

DSC 0963

DSC 0962

Too moist to water today so I will get the Mg to them along with other ferts tomorrow.
Seed schedule says 4/10-24 between the different strains so getting closer.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just reading about the photone app
I raises my lights today, I couldn't understand why I had light burn even know I was ppfd at 560 in two weeks flower lol guess I need to also set my app up and calibrate it and may be learn more about this stuff
What's light reference anyone know?
I was running these at 240w, 50cm away

20220327 000325

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

steamroller

steamroller

What’s the nose like on those?
Hard to say with accuracy? Orangie, fruity , but everything is overpowered by the grape diamond .
You can smell the GD from outside !
They are all sticky, I know that isn't a smell but between the squeeze and sniff it is hard not to note, and even think maybe you smell it ?
6 weeks flower today and I just gave them all a dose of Mg on top of Ca/Mg and MB secret sauce .
Even with more then enough to smoke from first grow, being around these plants now is dangerously tempting !
This from the Card for the OV; Dark purple is her most common hue , especially in her flushing phase . Cold temps make colors more vibrant and dynamic, almost blue .
Will start the taper of ferts amount now as I have pushed up to here .
Buddy gave me a bag of OG/Mac from one of our other buddies outdoor grow last year. He has grown outdoors for years. I am not sure if this was a new strain for him or not though?
I got maybe 20 seeds from it !! I'll share them with my buddy who said he has not found 1 yet ..😲

steamroller

steamroller

So best description of how the Orange velvet smells on the squeeze test is bubble gum and cat piss .
At first you are like yum gum and then like what is that ! 😲
However it taste after cure I will see .
Even though the plants were only in flower less then 7 weeks but close I thought they were ready and chopped them today.
More to come .

Top Bottom