Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I totally get it now.

The shape of the bucket is clever for your purposes, even with a downward facing drain they still sit on the floor.

10 @ 11 liters and 5 @ 44 liters

So 3 gal and 11.6 gal.

I don't get the size difference. And you have something else 2x4x12 (I'm guessing a fish tank) for the res. Actually you are more of a sump here. What goes in there? Pump? Chiller, probes, air? Doing anything like auto top off?

If I am picturing this right you are going to have a very short standpipe before you are into netpot with only a 3 gal bucket. You planning on doing multiple smaller plants? The other end of the spectrum is what @smokedareefer does with his grow room.
2nd one down today 2 to go. 13 gal modules

20230225 123123
20230225 120618

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So for the sump/ res I would like to use a 60g aquarium. I'll paint / cover it to protect from light.
I see the pump [ jeboa DC] and airstones along with a gyre for circulation probably.
Sponges for beneficial bacteria instead of bio balls or bio home blocks. The sponges are superior [ again this is what I know].
I have a chiller[ hopefully it works] but have no problem getting a new one. I know I will need it.
Water will run out of the room[ 20x6] to the res. in lung room by gravity. The buckets will need tables to raise them above the res.
That is why I lean to the 60g tank. It is 12 inches high. Like to keep it as low and large as possible.
For water monitoring I have a new HM500 just like SweetLeafGrow. Will get 2 if I run two sumps.
My fishy past has me loyal to HM, they make good equipment.
For the room I have AC/Heat unit that keeps room wherever I want, AC infinity fans and controllers 4,6,8 inch.
I have a digitally controlled humidifier, and Inkbird monitors for my CO2 tank , the heat/ AC and for water temp.
I am still building in my mind and creating.
I don't mind investing in my hobby. I have not paid for pot in over a year, I have a NugSmasher, LevoC, 4-piece screens for sifting.
I enjoy my time with the plant.
I could run all the buckets together or the 11s and 44s separate.
They will only hold as much water as I desire.

So my next question is how much flow/ GPH per bucket for recirculating systems?
Sounds perfect.

With the sizes are you thinking veg and flower or something? Why some of each? I think I'd run the 44's separate so you have nute options between plants. Just a little extra plumbing but worth it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

That plant actually lets you know how it is doing by the number of blades on the leaves. It will grow 3 bladed leaves when it is stress, five when everything is causing along and even 6 or 7 when it is happy. Sounds crazy but it is 100 percent true and it yields very well and the smoke is great.
DudeBroMan, please can I have?

Anthem

Anthem

I would love to have a bioassy genetic to test with. For example, could I push it to 9 blades under perfect conditions? What are perfect conditions?

I'd grow it out a time or 2 and then TC it and keep it on ice for future testing. Do some Bro Science Busting. Dude. bro. man. 😘
Ok no problem. I will get some cuts going. What else do you want I have 15 moms going right now. The Tropicana Cherry is more boushy. I have a couple conditions.
Please do not give the cuts out and under no way can you give these cuts to the dick that sold you the shitty clones.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ok no problem. I will get some cuts going. What else do you want I have 15 moms going right now. The Tropicana Cherry is more boushy. I have a couple conditions.
Please do not give the cuts out and under no way can you give these cuts to the dick that sold you the shitty clones.
I don't know why you make me laugh with the oscar routine but it works for you.

I'll tell you what bro, you pick what you want and help me design a way to test them. I know you have been thinking about taste with certain nutes, and the variability of yield based on nutes, lets figure some stuff out. I want to better understand all that too.

Anthem

Anthem

I don't know why you make me laugh with the oscar routine but it works for you.

I'll tell you what bro, you pick what you want and help me design a way to test them. I know you have been thinking about taste with certain nutes, and the variability of yield based on nutes, lets figure some stuff out. I want to better understand all that too.
To be honest the nutrient thing is difficult. I do feel that my yield is heading in the right direction with the jacks modifications I have Pm'd you about. I did still have Calcium deficiencies with a crop of the watermelon I put into flower 7 weeks ago. Toasted a handful of leaves but everything else seems to be going well. I have about 5 days as most of fresh growth and then they will just be swelling and finishing so in about 4 weeks I will have some ideas of numbers. Smell is kicking up as well. The Tropicana Cherry buds are literally the color of red wine when they are growing. But the Cheeta Piss is really good, really strong cherry flavor to it on exhale.

steamroller

steamroller

Sounds perfect.

With the sizes are you thinking veg and flower or something? Why some of each? I think I'd run the 44's separate so you have nute options between plants. Just a little extra plumbing but worth it.
The different size I guess is just a test run, lack of commitment, and the explorer in me.
I have seen a few set ups with the 11l and they look like they grew well?
That and although I no clue what plant will do what I expect a couple to be mini trees.
It would be cool to run 2 sumps/res. and have them set differently.
Possibly instead of adjusting the res when I screw up I can just move a net pot to the other system?
IMO the buckets [ all 15 of them] were cheaper by quite a bit than any beginner 4 pot set up.
I can change the set up any time still and suspect to be able when running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom