Steamrollers little hide away pt 1

• Thread starter steamroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

Figured I might show what I am up to .
Second indoor grow / old school outdoor long ago [80-90s].
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Coast of Maine Stonington 50/50 in 5 g buckets after starting in solo cups and Coast of Maine starter soil .
Here is the room as of yesterday .
DSC_0863.JPG

DSC_0864.JPG

DSC_0865.JPG

I am growing Ethos genetics from seeds.
I started 5 Crescendo that were freebies and regular m/f from my first grow purchase . Got 3 males exactly 1 week into flower [ 12/12] and removed them 👍
Also got a free Agent Orange female from Sunwest Genetic with the purchase of this grows seeds.
Have 5 Grape Diamond [ female] for a repeat from grow #1[ Ethos]
Have 4 out of 5 Orang Velvet Underground [ female]. One just did not come up and keep up well at all so I removed it .
So 12 plants total ; 2 crescendo [ C ] , 4 orange velvet Underground [ OV ],5 grape diamond [ GD ]and 1 agent orange [ AO ].
They are 11 days into cycle now and the OV is turning the fastest .

Had a buddy come take some clones last Saturday [ 1 week 12/12] and felt 'inspired' [ bored] after talking more with him .
So Between Sunday and Yesterday I put together what I needed to clone myself .
I have never cloned !😲
So here is the aeroponic cloner I made and the tent I put it in .
DSC_0860.JPG
DSC_0862.JPG

The tent is 4x2, 82f with RH around 65%
I needed the tent since the room is running 12/12 so I guess this will work .
Nice meeting/ reading from you all .

steamroller

steamroller

Weekend update .
All seems well in the room and tent .
A couple of the cuttings are showing signs of stress but surprisingly [ for me at least] is most look close to the same as the day they were cut with one showing first sign of roots at day 4 !
DSC 0878

Not sure if this is good or not but nothing good happens fast and I see no big problems so ??
I did add a rooting hormone powder my buddy left behind the reservoir of the cloner the day it was set up .

The plants in cycle are doing well .
Week 2 12/12 today .
As mentioned, the Orange Velvet Underground Rbx is turning the fastest . Here she is ;
DSC 0877

DSC 0875

Next is my 1 Agent Orange ;
Before super crop
DSC 0876

After slight bending
DSC 0879

I pinch and roll the stem but they still spring back up in a day or so, so I tie them down with pipe cleaners .
Been following the Fox Farm Fert schedule , but using only about half of their products .They seem to have a lot of 'stuff' they want to sell.
Just watered and ferted with Open Sesame and regular ferts before pics . Next fert gets me in beastie bloom, replacing the Open Sesame.

On me ; New here and to indoor growing but not outdoor . Grew outdoors in the 80's and 90's and did pretty well then with way less knowledge and tech .
All we had was Eds bible and an alchemy book . Fast forward today and basically I am a breeder of whatever I am into . I spent the last 7 years breeding and selling a pretty popular tropical fish .
I shipped to every state including Alaska [in December] ,Hawaii and even Guam !
I take my fishy experience, past experience and all the info I can get from other posters and play !
A famous quote from George Carlin, " people ask me if I am experimenting with drugs and I say no. I have now moved into full-fledged research!"
Have good Sunday all .

steamroller

steamroller

Friday check in .
Got roots or signs of roots in cloner today . Day 10 today for them . I added small amount of grow big [ fox farms] yesterday .
DSC 0883

They look pretty whipped but I suspect some will be fine in the long run?
DSC 0882

Maybe another couple days until I transfer them to soil ? Would love to have input .
I plan on using a starter soil [ Coast of Maine starter] so I can control input to start . Good/ bad ?

Plants are moving along nicely IMO. Day 19 in flower , on second [ Beastie Blooms ] of the last 3 for fox farms ferts in the mix .
The room
DSC 0885

Crescendo are the two tallest in back right. They are 1 week older then rest of room .
Crescendo
DSC 0888

Grape Diamond
DSC 0887

Agent Orange
DSC 0886

Orange Velvet Underground
DSC 0884

Room is 82 with lights 70 with lights out .
RH is 50 and lowering slowly and accordingly.
Trying to get VPD the same across 12 feet of plants is proving to be interesting .

VPD is between 1.4 and 1.6 in different spots.
I have moved my incoming cold air and raised lights little to get the area 1.6 down a hair.
IT'S FRIDAY BABY !!
SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM !

steamroller

steamroller

3 full weeks of 12/12 and I cleaned up the plants a little today .
Crescendo before clean up
DSC 0888

After
DSC 0891

Orange velvet which is turning the fastest
DSC 0894

Super cropping on OV
DSC 0895

Bud on OV
DSC 0896

DSC 0897

Grape Diamond
DSC 0890

The room
DSC 0893

I moved all the clones to soil today .They looked good on the bottom and pretty whipped on top .
I am just moving forward as I need to learn hands on at some point .
I really don't have room for 31 more plants now and it is too early to be starting for outdoors but hey ?
DSC 0889

The Atomic orange and Grape Diamond had the best roots with crescendo not far behind .
The Orange velvet underground had the least amount of roots but I moved them also .
Got gnats ,no too bad yet so either going with H202 or orange peel extract.
I have been using a very small amount [.5ml ] of the extract on 2 of the OV plants in watering for shits and giggles the last two waterings and they seem to fine so ...
This is the extract I have from using with my fish breeding believe it or not !

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and your plants are thriving !

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

1 day before 4 weeks complete in flower . Things are loooking good IMO .🚀
Grape Diamond
DSC 0900

DSC 0906

Stopped stretching and starting to stack .
DSC 0907

I have two phenos of the Orange Velvet I believe .
1 is fat bladed and the other thin bladed [ no explanation needed hopefully ].
There are 2 of the 'sativa' looking plants and both have started to show purple color on leaves while the 2 ' indica' have not .
Same bud for compare ;
Last week
DSC 0897

Today, noting purple tips
DSC 0904

Size reference
DSC 0905

Better pic of purple coming in on the 2 OV
DSC 0908

DSC 0909

The purple on this one came in overnight literally [ 1 night ]
DSC 0910

The Atomic Orange
DSC 0902

2 Crescendo on back right. The 2 OV are #1&3 on left
DSC 0903

Best bud development for week 4
DSC 0911

Received delivery of seeds for next grow [ Hash Plant FTW!!]
DSC 0898

Snow has just started and expecting 8-10 inches before end of day .
Hope everyone has a great weekend .
Thanks for following along .

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Thanks for sharing.. looks awesome!
Thanks I hope something I do may help others .
I have always had the motto it is better to leave more then you take .
That becomes easier if you are a breeder ?
I get lots of help and insight from others who post here .
Great community IMO.

Stoner correction on info in prior post [ to be edited] and some more details ;
It is the two fat bladed [ indica] Orange Velvet Underground that have the purple , but I think I just noted some starting on one of the thin blades ?
Should know shortly I would guess.
The room now is running 80f with lights on 12/12 . RH is 40% on average day and night .
Lights off is 70f controlled by wall heater /ac unit so the color change is not temp related yet IMO ?
VPD is 1.4-1.5 with PAR at 750-850 and Lux 41,000-42,000 at top of canopy.
Using Inkbird Infared [INK IFT03] thermometer for VPD along with vent fan control to get measurements.
Using photone phone app for PAR and Lux
Patience comes after acceptance .
There should be no personal stress growing IMO.

If you get wrong this time ,you'll get it right next time .😎

steamroller

steamroller

Outstanding work bro! Gorgeous.... 💚
Thanks man ! 💪
Since I checked in yesterday I figured I would add more detail ,an idea and pics from my first grow .
I have CO2 with Inkbird controller and used some in both grows but do not feel I was applying it properly ,and many say it only tops off perfect conditions so I stopped .
My room is not sealed 100% and when it gets warm the fan brings in outside cold fresh air . I am thinking of build a loop outside the room with 6 inch metal pipe/hose .
Have one fan draw in and another push out at opposite ends of the room [ floor / ceiling ] and let the distance outside the room [ 25 linear feet] cool the air without exchanging any .
Outside the room is unheated and I am in North East so it would hopefully act like a radiator .
Then maybe I can run CO2 for last couple weeks of bud properly ?
I got Coast of Maine kelp today .
Like many other hobbies it is fun to get and do stuff but you can only mess with plants so much .
So adding a new neut or gizmo helps pass the time .
I am probably 1 fert away from switching from Beastie bloomz to Cha Ching in my flower cycle.
I have dosed the MB Secret sauce mentioned in another thread also . I believe it replaces the Bembe in the FF line up with some much better ingredients . Said to be used after flower starts ,I got it right on time and used it twice so far.
I was using Jacks Calcium which is 15-0-0 with epsom salt for Mg ,but got a bag of Roots Organic yesterday and will use that from here out unless there is an issue .
I figure plants will flower till 10 weeks as my last could have maybe even gone longer ,but I offered them less help since it was my first indoor .
I don't 'flush' but I will run water only when i think I am at 2 weeks to cut.
I will use a loop to decide when to cut .

So enough rambling ,everybody loves pictures huh ?
I used Ethos for my first grow also . Mandarin cookie, Grape Diamond and Hash Plant .
Here is what I got for pics, the room first ;
DSC 0858

DSC 0850

DSC 0841

Some Buds;
DSC 0851

DSC 0840

DSC 0842

DSC 0847

DSC 0853

DSC 0857

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend !!

Ph 007

Ph 007

What watt lol are them mars hydro lights on full,
What watt are you running them at and how far away

What humidity do you run you did tell me before i forgot , I rember 70 then down to 50 late flower i think you said

steamroller

steamroller

Mars TSL 2000 is the light . Says 300w
They might not be the best ,but were affordable when you count my space .
I use 6 in total taking up a 12 X 5 foot space.
3 Lights on each side of the 12 foot run .
Before flip they were up to 70% which was pushing IMO .
Now they are 100% which is bold IMO but seems to be working out with VPD and PAR being tracked daily .
I am now running RH around 40%. It goes up to 50% when I water for a day or so . I was 55% before the flip I think as minimum .
The room is 80 now max day and still 70 night.
I had to keep pulling the lights up as the stretch happened and figured they would grow into the light a little after ,but I am lowering the light closer on some now .
The photone app says 750 PAR and 44,000 LUX ,VPD is 1.59 which is pushing it I believe .
I like to think I measure twice and pay attention so push a little close to upper limits ?
The plants will tell you if you just look and listen .
My first grow there may have been any number of issues /deficiencies through out the grow .
This grow, right now not 1 bad leaf ! No burnt tips or discolored leaves .
Fingers crossed now that I cursed myself ! 😇

Ph 007

Ph 007

Mars TSL 2000 is the light . Says 300w
They might not be the best ,but were affordable when you count my space .
I use 6 in total taking up a 12 X 5 foot space.
3 Lights on each side of the 12 foot run .
Before flip they were up to 70% which was pushing IMO .
Now they are 100% which is bold IMO but seems to be working out with VPD and PAR being tracked daily .
I am now running RH around 40%. It goes up to 50% when I water for a day or so . I was 55% before the flip I think as minimum .
The room is 80 now max day and still 70 night.
I had to keep pulling the lights up as the stretch happened and figured they would grow into the light a little after ,but I am lowering the light closer on some now .
The photone app says 750 PAR and 44,000 LUX ,VPD is 1.59 which is pushing it I believe .
I like to think I measure twice and pay attention so push a little close to upper limits ?
The plants will tell you if you just look and listen .
My first grow there may have been any number of issues /deficiencies through out the grow .
This grow, right now not 1 bad leaf ! No burnt tips or discolored leaves .
Fingers crossed now that I cursed myself ! 😇
Nice man

I have heared them mars hydro are pretty good.

What stage of flower are u dropping to RH 40-50% ?

What that par app called please?
I just was looking at par metres I not got 150-200 , quid spare to buy one at the moment

My plant date all looking a lot better my veg is looking dam happy in my small t5 cfl room them 3 plant , like your saying not any bad leaves or tips nothing :) They been of calmag for a good 5+days and being fed now 0.8e.c + My 0.2 tap water total 1.0e.c ph 5.8-6.0

steamroller

steamroller

Just got down to 40% this week [ week 4 flowwer],may be a little soon ?
The app is Photone .
New to it myself so no real clue if they charge .
It just installed on my phone so I play with it for now .
It is hard to find in the small print but most PAR meters under $500 need you to math a correction factor for LEDS .

Not sure if I mentioned that I use Tap water !
I have a 150GPD 6 stage dual DI RO/DI unit and understand water probably more then many [ fish guy here] .
My tap is 7.6 Ph . That is real Ph after 24 hours gassing/de gassing to atmospheric equilibrium . Not fresh out of tap .
My TDS [like ec but needs small conversion ] is 350+. I live where there are many natural historic mineral springs but have municipally treated local water from the area as the springs.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just got down to 40% this week [ week 4 flowwer],may be a little soon ?
The app is Photone .
New to it myself so no real clue if they charge .
It just installed on my phone so I play with it for now .
It is hard to find in the small print but most PAR meters under $500 need you to math a correction factor for LEDS .

Not sure if I mentioned that I use Tap water !
I have a 150GPD 6 stage dual DI RO/DI unit and understand water probably more then many [ fish guy here] .
My tap is 7.6 Ph . That is real Ph after 24 hours gassing/de gassing to atmospheric equilibrium . Not fresh out of tap .
My TDS [like ec but needs small conversion ] is 350+. I live where there are many natural historic mineral springs but have municipally treated local water from the area as the springs.
40% Maybe bit soon your asking me are you haha

All sounds good man , be intresting to see you end results now if nosed at your stuff and spoken to you about littelly everything :)

I can't see me spending 500 on one then lol , I didn't know about the cheaper insane the math fuck that, if I pay over 100 I expect it to tell me not do the work for it.

Ye you did tell me the other day your using RO water

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom