STILL brown roots... sighhhh

• Thread starter Legallyflying
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I don't know shit about using ^^^^^ in water just in soil. I'm going to get this down solid before I change course again. I'm not sure how things would work in a cold environment at say 63, another day....

I can't see having fungi in the UC as I don't see how it would survive the pumps and filter. Anyone know different?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
mycorrhizae are no good in straight hydro. Only for soil and possibly coco. Do not use mycos in your UC. the mycos will actually take necessary sugar from the plant if they are not processing nutrients. In a UC you are supplying all nutes, and all nutes are readily available, so mycos are not needed. That is why great white is not good. it has mycos and trichoderma mixed in with one another. You only need the trichoderma. If you are using great white you should be PMing me anyway. I have a far superior product at about 1/4 the cost.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

mycorrhizae are no good in straight hydro. Only for soil and possibly coco. Do not use mycos in your UC. the mycos will actually take necessary sugar from the plant if they are not processing nutrients. In a UC you are supplying all nutes, and all nutes are readily available, so mycos are not needed. That is why great white is not good. it has mycos and trichoderma mixed in with one another. You only need the trichoderma. If you are using great white you should be PMing me anyway. I have a far superior product at about 1/4 the cost.

exactly....

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

umm, I don't quite understand this statement as elsewhere on the forum you are talking about brewing tea (with EWC) and using it in everything, hydro or not. I mean, even on the running tea vs steriile thread you said you are using it your MPB setup. Hydro is hydro. whether undercurrent or DWC.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Right but the root pack has no mychorrhizae. I only use root and foliar packs for my tea. Root pack: trichoderma, bacillus, etc.. Foliar pack: met, beuvaria, BT, etc..

If you were in soil or coco, yes use the nute pack as well. That has the mycos and azos and frateuria etc...these organisms will convert unusable N, P, K in to usable form, in exchange for plant root exudates.

Mycorrhizae do not come out of stasis unless there are roots present. That's why I no longer suggest using the nute pack in the tea, but mixing it in with the soil or coco prior to transplant instead.

To recap: yes I use tea, but my tea does not have mychorrizae in it because hydro and mychorrhizae are not the best combo, due to the fact that in hydro you are providing all necessary nutes and water at all times, where in soil or coco, you may miss a watering, or have too low of P (above 50ppm and mycos do not do as well and start to become useless and possibly detrimental). I believe this is part of the reason why Jollymon says in the testimonials of my packs that he is using half the ferts he normally does.

Here is a good read for you:

scroll down to the mychorrizae and carbon drain part to understand more of what I am talking about here.

X

xivex

Yo LF

Did you get the uc squared away yet bro? Just curious..

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

No, it is just shy of completely fucked up. I'm going on vacation in two weeks and honestly I'm thinking about just yanking them all and starting over.

I have a thick brown coating on the roots, not slimy, just like ewc particles...LOTs of them. The plants were banging at first, I mean they were growing SO fast. Then Phos deficiency started showing, more dark roots and then almost complete shut down of root ad shoot growth. They have been pretty stagnant... Just kind of suffering along.

I switched the MH to 400's, lowered the temp of the room to 78 and stopped injecting co2.

After several gallons of ewc tea. Ancient forest, aqua shield, kelp, and myco grow. I dump 4 teaspoons of bleach in there. I'm now using a bubble bag to filter out root particles and little pieces of organics. My worst grow in quite awhile.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

sounds like your solution was too strong.

btw sterile out performs live systems, especially over time.

ttystikk

ttystikk

sounds like your solution was too strong.

btw sterile out performs live systems, especially over time.

That's a pretty strong statement, so I'm guessing you have some personal experience here? I'm considering a run with bennies, and as always I'm interested in what you have to say on the subject.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

agreed. ds i think you need to elaborate that statement.

S

simpleone

Hey fellas, I was wondering if it's necessary to flush the system if I am going to use EWC tea/Lucas formula with auto top off. I thought the UC was meant to let it run throughout the entire cycle without changing out the reservoir? Let it rain, I am not a UC user, just a noob looking into it because I like the idea of it, but found all these threads about root issues. Just trying to learn as much as I can before I get into it. Thanks in advance.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I recommend weekly change outs.

DS, You mentioned this somewhere else a while back and although I'm doing a living system, weekly changeouts in large part, has really upped my game.

Thanks to all of you pros giving your time and experience out here.

PB

Top Bottom