STILL brown roots... sighhhh

• Thread starter Legallyflying
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

ZombieSlave

So I have noticed transplants from soil will give you pythium. use Great White with OG Bio war. you don't exactly get rid of it. you just keep it off of the root zone enough to make it all the way. you will have to add it once or twice a week. costs will add up buy in bulk. after that run clean or replace what you can, use an aero cloner.

Genesis

Genesis

I tend to KISS and listen to what the CCH2O literature says. For you folks with root problems are you doing the following (assuming your water is good):

1. Keeping solid aeration at 1 liter per minute of air per gallon of water?

2. Using a water chiller to keep root temps 65-68 degrees?

3. Using a preventative product like UC roots?

If your Nutes are clean, the plants are strong and come from a sterile background - I don't see why sterile shouldn't work every time. I more subscribe to the sterile line of thought as we are feeding the plants very low PPM of chemical Nutes. We don't need a whole lotta 'beneficials' and such as the food for are plants is already broken down and ready for them. These things can gunk up our system.

I think of a river or waterfall when I open my buckets. I want highly aerated, cool and crystal clear solution. I'm not saying it is the only way but I like to KISS. UC roots is expensive ($100/gallon) but at 2 ml/gallon/week is that worth a harvest to you? Seems to me to be chlorine without the sodium. Stable hypochlorous acid, whatever it works.

Check out the CCH2O growers guide here, in specific section 14 and 24.

http://cch2o.com/rdwc-hydroponics-growers-guide/

Not gonna lie, I'm a fan of CCH2O because they have created not only a streamlined system but simplified nute regime to back it up. If I wasn't running their stuff id probably be rocking something real clean like HG aqua flakes or Ionic with H2O2. I rock a small system and the ROI and simplicity of CCH2O is a no brainier for me. $500 for a gallon of everything? Sold. (Excluding the early/late bloom, I just use mid)

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

H&G also recommends running these systems sterile. I had some root issues my first grow and tried using teas. I ended up creating a ring of sludge throughout the whole system. Since then I'm running sterile with bleach. Aquaflakes and their inorganic supplements. I've not had any root issues since.

I've also become a fan of CCH2O systems and the whole concept of RDWC. For me it was a bit of a learning curve but now I love growing this way. So much easier than trying to grow big soil plants indoors.

Genesis

Genesis

H&G also recommends running these systems sterile. I had some root issues my first grow and tried using teas. I ended up creating a ring of sludge throughout the whole system. Since then I'm running sterile with bleach. Aquaflakes and their inorganic supplements. I've not had any root issues since.

I've also become a fan of CCH2O systems and the whole concept of RDWC. For me it was a bit of a learning curve but now I love growing this way. So much easier than trying to grow big soil plants indoors.

Heck yes! When you say bleach you mean regular consumer sodium hypochlorite bleach? Is the sodium a problem and if you could elaborate on the concentration and weekly dosage per gallon, I'd appreciate it man.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I read about the bleach here. I'll see if I can find the thread. I'm running an XL8 so about 60 gallons. I'm using 2 ml of regular Clorox every 3-4 days. Only use the regular old Clorox, none of the new, altered ones. I only started adding it about 3 weeks ago but so far it's been great. I haven't seen a salt problem yet but I'm also running Drip Clean, which seems to do a good job eliminating salts. I've also been using it on my soil less grows and am seeing less salt buildup in my pots. I also saw some references here to using pool shock. Just haven't had time hunt down the info. I've not had any problems since that first grow so am using it more as a preventative.

I'm so sold on RDWC that I'm building a 16 plant veg system using two 27 gallon totes. Picked up the totes today and can start plumbing and wiring while waiting for the pumps to arrive. If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures when it's done. I think it's going to be a nice little system.

med man

med man

Breeder
molasses in hydro i have never had luck with.

if anything goes wrong it is a breeding grownd for explsions of nasties.

cut out all the organic bennies and sugars and replace it for something cheaper, simpler and safer

35% h202 @ 1.6 ml / liter ever 2-3 days

i know the brown is the biggest bummer ever. dont do too much. they are weeds for a reason. and dont need much

good luck

med-man

odirt

odirt

I have a slight problem and I'm thinking this is the forum to post it. I veg in a bubble tray without a chiller, prob my main problem . Temps most likely 70 or better. The tray is light proof . When transplanting into Uc system roots R not white but def not brown . Just id say dirty white. Now after a cpl days in Uc 2 out off the 3 strains R really droopy. Now I've came across this in the past and just blasted the off white roots with about 50$ worth of Uc roots. Lol. Now try to get out there pockets I wounder if I can accomplish this with bleach. But the odd thing is 1 off my strains is perfect healthy looking in the same system. Any help would b appreciated . I guess I could go buy more magic Uc roots , but I feel that's the weenie thing to do.

Top Bottom