Stoney's Spot

• Thread starter stoneyluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

good to have ya along man!!!

your pictures and situation bring back so many memories for me!! my place isn't nearly as big as yours but i will never forget the day we put up the ridge pole... damn it was cold and windy that day!!! so i can understand some of your struggles for sure!!

my living room was the pride of the whole place.. oak trees grown and milled within a couple miles of here, all hand treated and built into a fourteen foot cathedral... that was a long time ago, old and dusty looking these days!!!

View attachment 1333142

best of luck with the rest!!!

☠️
Oh man that's so nice. I love all the wood. Mine is all engineered lumber so it's not pretty, but hopefully it's forever. Thanks for the good luck,

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Y'all are making me jelly with those pics of mountain life. My city just goes further and further down the crapper with each passing day. Gotta build out private sanctuary because outside these walls can be 3rd world sometimes.

So...Ricky Stenhouse Fucking Junior. IDK even know what to say but I kinda had a feeling it would be a no name guy and it's gonna be a mixed bag of a season. Just glad Busch and Kezlowski didn't get it in the end.
Man I'm getting excited for COTA!! Just a little over a month away!

Looks like your new babies are trucking along except Cant Get Right! There's always gotta be one haha!

Man what a difference PLA+ makes!!! I'm sold now. I'm printing out a huge germinator...200mm wide and 30 sites to start peppers. Also working on a kinda airpot that will use a newspaper liner.
But damn these prints take a super long time!!

That's so cool you got ARC back in the fold. Crazy how just a few weeks ago you were at slim pickins on beans and now you're swimming in cuts!!! What's that Leaf Lovin' Lucy? Like a Garbage Pail Kid or tarot card?

electroguy

electroguy

Y'all are making me jelly with those pics of mountain life. My city just goes further and further down the crapper with each passing day. Gotta build out private sanctuary because outside these walls can be 3rd world sometimes.

So...Ricky Stenhouse Fucking Junior. IDK even know what to say but I kinda had a feeling it would be a no name guy and it's gonna be a mixed bag of a season. Just glad Busch and Kezlowski didn't get it in the end.

Looks like your new babies are trucking along except Cant Get Right! There's always gotta be one haha!

Man what a difference PLA+ makes!!! I'm sold now. I'm printing out a huge germinator...200mm wide and 30 sites to start peppers. Also working on a kinda airpot that will use a newspaper liner.

That's so cool you got ARC back in the fold. Crazy how just a few weeks ago you were at slim pickins on beans and now you're swimming in cuts!!! What's that Leaf Lovin' Lucy? Like a Garbage Pail Kid or tarot card?
Well, I'm not there yet. Hopefully I can finish up and move this year. But the fucking weather is not cooperating.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Oh man that's so nice. I love all the wood. Mine is all engineered lumber so it's not pretty, but hopefully it's forever. Thanks for the good luck,

some of the newer building materials are so much nicer to work with, especially the plumbing stuff!!

hell man you got the shotgun and the four wheel drive... you ain't far from country!!!

Happy fastnacht day!!!! not sure if y'all celebrate that day down there, but ya should!! got me a box of assorted powered glazed and plain today and ate three already!!!

yeah ricky got lucky!! things will get back to normal this weekend in cali.. i wanted the 5 team to finish on the lead lap, but man not barely... not sure why he went up the middle like that, i think if he would have stayed low he would have had a shot for win.

i'm glad to hear you have been finding success with the pla + too... i was hoping i didn't just happen to have some shit ass lucky settings that made it seem better. i printed the nasa ratchet out of plus and i'm gonna put way more than three inch pounds of pressure on it!!!

DSCN0363

and man i do have a can't get right!! i didn't wanna say it out loud but in my head i said it like five times now!!! hahaha
the other day i watered it and it almost washed away!!!

i'm so tempted to start a couple more because i have no backups with the five right now.
not sure what that card is... looks like they have others on the back...

DSCN0361

that place had all these discounts to draw ya in but not one of them worked with the ARC... i got a 20% a10% and a 15% off code and none of them applied to my order. guess ya cant use discounts on sale items or drops or a couple other specials. prolly only works on their most expensive gear without any promos.

but hell yeah totally flush in fems right now... gonna make for a great summer!!!

🙃

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Mmmmm tacos!!!🌮😍🌮

Man the pool is not gonna treat me well this week. Yikes!!! And I think I picked Johnson to be one of the last standing in the playoffs too.
Is that a record for the biggest miss in pool history? I mean, I coulda picked Willie Nelson to win some races and got the same results. Note to self...Never pick a part time driver in Stoney's carpool....
Meanwhile, I totally underestimated Preece and the #41 team. They're coming bro.
I'll be playing catch up all season long so for this week I'm rooting for every driver not picked in the pool! Go JJ Yeley!!🏁 haha!

Yeah I've gotta load up on PLA+. Pretty sure the filament is what was wrong with the Terminator hand because the + prints it out fine.
The XXL germinator is complete but the inside cover plate is about 2mm too short so it fits loose. I'm making shims for mine I can just hot glue in but I'll eventually need to resize that cover plate.
That tool looks great man! Crazy all the things we can make now
The pepper pot design has been an adventure. From artsy to practical. I have a 4 pack Gcode of those net pots you found but the size I want to print will take over 3 days. I have another that looks like regular net pots and they'll take 2 days to print four pot. I'll probably just end up with a bunch of weird experimental pots. I even thought about 3D printing a mini earthbox. Starting to get a backlog on projects now and the printer is running almost 24/7.
Getting the room ready for my next grow now. Man I'm cleaning my lights and for the first time I took a fan housing off to dust in there and man I could grow some taters there was so much dust. Put a dust brush at the tip of my shopvac and now they're nice and clean. But I did crack a couple points where the screw holes are at some now I'm thinking about redesigning and 3D printing the plastic fan housings on the CLWs🙃

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Mmmmm tacos!!!🌮😍🌮

Man the pool is not gonna treat me well this week. Yikes!!! And I think I picked Johnson to be one of the last standing in the playoffs too.
Is that a record for the biggest miss in pool history? I mean, I coulda picked Willie Nelson to win some races and got the same results. Note to self...Never pick a part time driver in Stoney's carpool....
Meanwhile, I totally underestimated Preece and the #41 team. They're coming bro.
I'll be playing catch up all season long so for this week I'm rooting for every driver not picked in the pool! Go JJ Yeley!!🏁 haha!

Yeah I've gotta load up on PLA+. Pretty sure the filament is what was wrong with the Terminator hand because the + prints it out fine.
The XXL germinator is complete but the inside cover plate is about 2mm too short so it fits loose. I'm making shims for mine I can just hot glue in but I'll eventually need to resize that cover plate.
That tool looks great man! Crazy all the things we can make now
The pepper pot design has been an adventure. From artsy to practical. I have a 4 pack Gcode of those net pots you found but the size I want to print will take over 3 days. I have another that looks like regular net pots and they'll take 2 days to print four pot. I'll probably just end up with a bunch of weird experimental pots. I even thought about 3D printing a mini earthbox. Starting to get a backlog on projects now and the printer is running almost 24/7.
Getting the room ready for my next grow now. Man I'm cleaning my lights and for the first time I took a fan housing off to dust in there and man I could grow some taters there was so much dust. Put a dust brush at the tip of my shopvac and now they're nice and clean. But I did crack a couple points where the screw holes are at some now I'm thinking about redesigning and 3D printing the plastic fan housings on the CLWs🙃

man those tacos were killer... saturday night though bro, a different level kind of eats... celebrating my womans bday so i went all out with steamed lobsters, muscles in fresh pasta tossed with herbs and butter and garlic wine sauce. and a pot of ham and bean soup. grabbed a fresh loaf of sour dough and a tin of brownies for desert!!!! everything turned out perfect and now we are fat n happy!!!!!!

DSCN0370

DSCN0371

DSCN0373

DSCN0372

bro you'll b fine with jimmy johnson.. pretty much everybody ends up with a few weeks of max points. all it takes in one injury and it evens everything up. plus its better to get it over with now. i think you have him for phoenix and thats the track he was allowed a special testing sesh so he'll be on point that week. i like to root against whoever the leader has!! haahaha i think it's the 9 car i'm hating on this week!! i gotta root for the wonder boy byron this week, but it will be two mile kyle stealing the checkered flag at the end!!

man i'm just realizing now that stenthouse is gonna be in the playoffs!! help us all!!! he dated danaca patrick back in the day right before she went out with arron rodgers... i think ricky actually introduced her to rodgers when he met him at some fundraiser next thing ya know shes dating rodgers!!!

this week the 5 team is gonna put on a show!!! get your popcorn ready cuz two mile kyle is gonna be on the move!!!!!!!

i picked up a roll of clear pla plus from a different company ...

DSCN0375

i printed a water attachment for the puffco... printed just as well as the iboss brand + and used the same nozzle temp of 215*...

DSCN0377

a couple things i noticed about the plus, at least the brands i've been printing with have a size tolerance of +\- .02 and the regular pla is +\- .03 and it also seems to cool down and harden quicker than the regular pla.

i know what ya mean about the print times... i saw a cool terminator head that would look so cool in clear, i loaded it up on the pc... 49 hours!!!!! i put that one off to the side. i'd much rather spend the print time on practical stuff yet before i dive in that deep.

i sure would be interested in a clw fan shroud too... i have a couple corners broke off as well. maybe with a leaf logo on the side or something cool!!

my five plants are still growing decent, i think i'm at 35% on the light right now. i'm gonna have to spread them out a little and start thinking about the upcan.

DSCN0376

have a fun race day!!!!! I hope the track stays dry and we get both races in!!!!

☠️

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
man those tacos were killer... saturday night though bro, a different level kind of eats... celebrating my womans bday so i went all out with steamed lobsters, muscles in fresh pasta tossed with herbs and butter and garlic wine sauce. and a pot of ham and bean soup. grabbed a fresh loaf of sour dough and a tin of brownies for desert!!!! everything turned out perfect and now we are fat n happy!!!!!!

View attachment 1334984

View attachment 1334985

View attachment 1334987

View attachment 1334986

bro you'll b fine with jimmy johnson.. pretty much everybody ends up with a few weeks of max points. all it takes in one injury and it evens everything up. plus its better to get it over with now. i think you have him for phoenix and thats the track he was allowed a special testing sesh so he'll be on point that week. i like to root against whoever the leader has!! haahaha i think it's the 9 car i'm hating on this week!! i gotta root for the wonder boy byron this week, but it will be two mile kyle stealing the checkered flag at the end!!

man i'm just realizing now that stenthouse is gonna be in the playoffs!! help us all!!! he dated danaca patrick back in the day right before she went out with arron rodgers... i think ricky actually introduced her to rodgers when he met him at some fundraiser next thing ya know shes dating rodgers!!!

this week the 5 team is gonna put on a show!!! get your popcorn ready cuz two mile kyle is gonna be on the move!!!!!!!

i picked up a roll of clear pla plus from a different company ...

View attachment 1334988

i printed a water attachment for the puffco... printed just as well as the iboss brand + and used the same nozzle temp of 215*...

View attachment 1335093

a couple things i noticed about the plus, at least the brands i've been printing with have a size tolerance of +\- .02 and the regular pla is +\- .03 and it also seems to cool down and harden quicker than the regular pla.

i know what ya mean about the print times... i saw a cool terminator head that would look so cool in clear, i loaded it up on the pc... 49 hours!!!!! i put that one off to the side. i'd much rather spend the print time on practical stuff yet before i dive in that deep.

i sure would be interested in a clw fan shroud too... i have a couple corners broke off as well. maybe with a leaf logo on the side or something cool!!

my five plants are still growing decent, i think i'm at 35% on the light right now. i'm gonna have to spread them out a little and start thinking about the upcan.

View attachment 1334996

have a fun race day!!!!! I hope the track stays dry and we get both races in!!!!

☠️

Man you're killin all us with the Laaaawbstaaa!!!😵‍💫
Not many home feasts here like that during this busy season but did have some good Halal takeout last night🤣

Yeah 2 mile Kyle put on show alright...How to give a vehicular anatomy lesson by dissecting a nexgan car trackside hahaha!! My guy, Last Row Briscoe, somehow got top 20 in that shitbox he was driving.
I really thought Trackhouse would pull off 1&2 then Kyle Hemp Smoker Busch happened. But man what a nasty ass track that was!! SoCal never hear of street sweepers? Sheesh!!

Hey you see CLW came out with a new light? Looks like they're just meeting the trend of bar style lights that glow more white than blurple.
IDK, I like these SS lights and don't really like bar style LED. And I love how these lights make my ladies so frosty and oily. Maybe down the road if these die I'll look closer. Apparently the SS controllers control them too even though they're only white and red diodes, no blue.
I don't web stalk new gear at all anymore but got an email about them and had to peek.

I'm gonna have to look closer at those tolerances and also shop outside of Amazon. I've just mostly been going by colors and finish. Got 3 small rolls of wood looking filaments to build ancient ship models and a silk metallic black & white for my diecast garage.
I'm running my transparent spool right now on a terminator hand thanks to your idea. I'll also use it and other colors to make more netpots.
And you think 49 hours is a long time....Try 59 on four netpots!!!🤪

They are baddass netpot though. Way better than hydroshop pots. Like these are military grade! And a perfect custom size. Gonna make some in clear and try multicolor but I'd like to make around 6 more at least

Plants are looking happy and healthy Buddy!!😊

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Crystal netpots just because I can🤪

IMG 4267

Designing some pepper plant label spikes too. I wanted it to be a pointed spike but will have to go dull blunt edge like the seedling support stakes but this is coming along. I used that burnt orange filament you sent me on this one and am getting ready to make some things for my work with that filament.

IMG 4268

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Man you're killin all us with the Laaaawbstaaa!!!😵‍💫
Not many home feasts here like that during this busy season but did have some good Halal takeout last night🤣

Yeah 2 mile Kyle put on show alright...How to give a vehicular anatomy lesson by dissecting a nexgan car trackside hahaha!! My guy, Last Row Briscoe, somehow got top 20 in that shitbox he was driving.
I really thought Trackhouse would pull off 1&2 then Kyle Hemp Smoker Busch happened. But man what a nasty ass track that was!! SoCal never hear of street sweepers? Sheesh!!

Hey you see CLW came out with a new light? Looks like they're just meeting the trend of bar style lights that glow more white than blurple.
IDK, I like these SS lights and don't really like bar style LED. And I love how these lights make my ladies so frosty and oily. Maybe down the road if these die I'll look closer. Apparently the SS controllers control them too even though they're only white and red diodes, no blue.
I don't web stalk new gear at all anymore but got an email about them and had to peek.

I'm gonna have to look closer at those tolerances and also shop outside of Amazon. I've just mostly been going by colors and finish. Got 3 small rolls of wood looking filaments to build ancient ship models and a silk metallic black & white for my diecast garage.
I'm running my transparent spool right now on a terminator hand thanks to your idea. I'll also use it and other colors to make more netpots.
And you think 49 hours is a long time....Try 59 on four netpots!!!🤪

View attachment 1335569

They are baddass netpot though. Way better than hydroshop pots. Like these are military grade! And a perfect custom size. Gonna make some in clear and try multicolor but I'd like to make around 6 more at least

Plants are looking happy and healthy Buddy!!😊

Crystal netpots just because I can🤪

View attachment 1336219

Designing some pepper plant label spikes too. I wanted it to be a pointed spike but will have to go dull blunt edge like the seedling support stakes but this is coming along. I used that burnt orange filament you sent me on this one and am getting ready to make some things for my work with that filament.

View attachment 1336220

cool avatar man!!!!!

yeah the 5 team sure did trade out almost every electrical part there is. i was listening on the scanner and they were going at it pretty methodical, kyle had up diagnostic screens reporting back numbers as they swapped out parts. i think it was the ignition box, soon as they changed that you heard kyle say something and the crew chief said fire it up and that was it. they were pretty fast at the end and learned a bunch but nobody got down and out and they kept grinding like any other race so that was cool to listen to!!

but to add insult to injury little bush won.... fuckin scrub! hahaha

we'll try again this weekend!!!!

yeah i saw those new lights the same way, got an email.. looked at em and thought the same thing you did. my neighbor has been using a bar style led with some pretty good results. but yeah i'm more than happy with what i got right now!

my power went out the night and i got to try out my new generator. late last year we upgraded our generator, i had a 5200 watt and i would have to turn off breakers like the water heater and the grow lights and a couple other heavy items. and just kept on the fridge, freezers, heat and directv.. essentials!! but now we have a 9800 watt and the only thing i turned off was the water heater and left everything else in house turned on and it handled it like a champ!!! even with the heater in the grow and everything, i even had my 3d printer going and it powered it all no laboring at all!!!

so that made me feel pretty good for the future!!!! fyi, when the power is reintroduced mid timer the CLW sunrise setting doesn't activate. i was kinda curious so i watched for it.

i'd wait the 59 hours for usable items like that but not for artwork.... yet. haha

those netpots look made to last!!!

i was struggling with petg a little and spent the time to dial in my settings and now i have much better results. i was too hot on the bed, too cold on the nozzle, and too fast on the flow. but now i have a profile that has been working perfect, so i ordered some clear colors in petg.

those wood filaments look really cool man, i will be buying a multi pack of those as well... they have bamboo!!! i saw some of them actually contain 20% real wood fibers in the filament!!! that is badass!!!!

shelf brackets, hinges, and pegs would look so much better in woodgrain than the normal plastic they come with.

my printer is gonna come in handy so much this summer with the pond. so many times i wish i would have a way to make a custom fitting or bracket for that and never even gave a 3d printer a thought.

i bet the guys are gonna go nuts when they see the cool longhorn stuff you print out!!!

i spent about ten minutes and found a sonic cleaner i liked so i should have it friday and i'm gonna give it a try on that same atomizer i took photos of and see what it does. that one also has a crack in the ceramic so i'll get to see if that has and affect. like i said, it's worth the try for me and only one way to find out.

🙃

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
cool avatar man!!!!!

yeah the 5 team sure did trade out almost every electrical part there is. i was listening on the scanner and they were going at it pretty methodical, kyle had up diagnostic screens reporting back numbers as they swapped out parts. i think it was the ignition box, soon as they changed that you heard kyle say something and the crew chief said fire it up and that was it. they were pretty fast at the end and learned a bunch but nobody got down and out and they kept grinding like any other race so that was cool to listen to!!

but to add insult to injury little bush won.... fuckin scrub! hahaha

we'll try again this weekend!!!!

yeah i saw those new lights the same way, got an email.. looked at em and thought the same thing you did. my neighbor has been using a bar style led with some pretty good results. but yeah i'm more than happy with what i got right now!

my power went out the night and i got to try out my new generator. late last year we upgraded our generator, i had a 5200 watt and i would have to turn off breakers like the water heater and the grow lights and a couple other heavy items. and just kept on the fridge, freezers, heat and directv.. essentials!! but now we have a 9800 watt and the only thing i turned off was the water heater and left everything else in house turned on and it handled it like a champ!!! even with the heater in the grow and everything, i even had my 3d printer going and it powered it all no laboring at all!!!

so that made me feel pretty good for the future!!!! fyi, when the power is reintroduced mid timer the CLW sunrise setting doesn't activate. i was kinda curious so i watched for it.

i'd wait the 59 hours for usable items like that but not for artwork.... yet. haha

those netpots look made to last!!!

i was struggling with petg a little and spent the time to dial in my settings and now i have much better results. i was too hot on the bed, too cold on the nozzle, and too fast on the flow. but now i have a profile that has been working perfect, so i ordered some clear colors in petg.

those wood filaments look really cool man, i will be buying a multi pack of those as well... they have bamboo!!! i saw some of them actually contain 20% real wood fibers in the filament!!! that is badass!!!!

shelf brackets, hinges, and pegs would look so much better in woodgrain than the normal plastic they come with.

my printer is gonna come in handy so much this summer with the pond. so many times i wish i would have a way to make a custom fitting or bracket for that and never even gave a 3d printer a thought.

i bet the guys are gonna go nuts when they see the cool longhorn stuff you print out!!!

i spent about ten minutes and found a sonic cleaner i liked so i should have it friday and i'm gonna give it a try on that same atomizer i took photos of and see what it does. that one also has a crack in the ceramic so i'll get to see if that has and affect. like i said, it's worth the try for me and only one way to find out.

🙃
Yeah my wife and I were trippin' on the 5 team and all those parts they were pulling out. Like they were doing brain surgery on that car!!
I'm excited for this week. Got the 19 in the pool...everybody else likes the Hemp Smoker to win but I think he wrecks or has engine issues and we make up ground in the pool. No way that dude can go back to back right? 😬
I had a feeling he'd be trouble for the field getting in a Chevy this year.

Last year I unloaded a ton of grow gear at the local hydro shop and the guy was real hesitant to take my blurple lights because demand was for bar style white LED. But I wasn't taking those lights back home with me so we did cut a deal and I actually got more than I thought he'd offer! The bar style absolutely perform but I have no use for large fixtures. I'll take 3 small lights over 1 humongous light all the time just because it's so hard for me to keep a perfect even canopy.

Dude your generator is a damn beast!!! Mine is just the HF Predator 3500 watts but it's super quiet, less the 60 decibels so I barely heard it when it was running out on the deck. I had it powering up my fridge, deep freezer, and TV but didn't trust plugging in my router or computer to it. I think internet was down anyways so no reason to risk it. For TV channels I jsut went with HD antenna, picked up like 20 free channels, and that's how I watched The Clash.

Yeah that PETG can be a real bitch to dial in for some reason. PLA+ is almost too forgiving and lets me get away with almost any fuck up. Plus that little filament sensor loves the + and doesn't give me any hassle there.
The wood fiber filament is what I ordered! I sure hope it looks good because that could be super awesome recreating wood pieces.
I'm doing the diecats garage floor bases now...Need three and each one is a 21 hour print.
But I did do a burnt orange run and made my very first two color print! I saw your post about the paint markers so I ordered some but also wanted to try different filament colors on one print to see if I could do it. Timing had to be just right and I had to trick the filament sensor but it worked! I made this 200 count dryer sheet dispenser for work and will make matching hand sanitizer and disinfectant bottle covers in coming days. I made the dispenser on Tinkercad, creating a bunch of shapes and tying them together to make the shell. The bottom and nameplate were each separate prints. All together I think it was around a 30 hour print for all 3 parts then I used hot Gorilla Glue for assembly.

IMG 4274

You're gonna love the sonic cleaner man. Sounds like a bunch of crickets kicking the shit out of the walls of the thing but it works! And IDK man that looked more like scoring from heat on your atomizer than resin grime. What you do should be enough to get that off unless it's discolored. Is it quartz? Because I see similar scorching on some of my quartz pieces that wont come off too.

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Yeah my wife and I were trippin' on the 5 team and all those parts they were pulling out. Like they were doing brain surgery on that car!!
I'm excited for this week. Got the 19 in the pool...everybody else likes the Hemp Smoker to win but I think he wrecks or has engine issues and we make up ground in the pool. No way that dude can go back to back right? 😬
I had a feeling he'd be trouble for the field getting in a Chevy this year.

Last year I unloaded a ton of grow gear at the local hydro shop and the guy was real hesitant to take my blurple lights because demand was for bar style white LED. But I wasn't taking those lights back home with me so we did cut a deal and I actually got more than I thought he'd offer! The bar style absolutely perform but I have no use for large fixtures. I'll take 3 small lights over 1 humongous light all the time just because it's so hard for me to keep a perfect even canopy.

Dude your generator is a damn beast!!! Mine is just the HF Predator 3500 watts but it's super quiet, less the 60 decibels so I barely heard it when it was running out on the deck. I had it powering up my fridge, deep freezer, and TV but didn't trust plugging in my router or computer to it. I think internet was down anyways so no reason to risk it. For TV channels I jsut went with HD antenna, picked up like 20 free channels, and that's how I watched The Clash.

Yeah that PETG can be a real bitch to dial in for some reason. PLA+ is almost too forgiving and lets me get away with almost any fuck up. Plus that little filament sensor loves the + and doesn't give me any hassle there.
The wood fiber filament is what I ordered! I sure hope it looks good because that could be super awesome recreating wood pieces.
I'm doing the diecats garage floor bases now...Need three and each one is a 21 hour print.
But I did do a burnt orange run and made my very first two color print! I saw your post about the paint markers so I ordered some but also wanted to try different filament colors on one print to see if I could do it. Timing had to be just right and I had to trick the filament sensor but it worked! I made this 200 count dryer sheet dispenser for work and will make matching hand sanitizer and disinfectant bottle covers in coming days. I made the dispenser on Tinkercad, creating a bunch of shapes and tying them together to make the shell. The bottom and nameplate were each separate prints. All together I think it was around a 30 hour print for all 3 parts then I used hot Gorilla Glue for assembly.

View attachment 1336797

You're gonna love the sonic cleaner man. Sounds like a bunch of crickets kicking the shit out of the walls of the thing but it works! And IDK man that looked more like scoring from heat on your atomizer than resin grime. What you do should be enough to get that off unless it's discolored. Is it quartz? Because I see similar scorching on some of my quartz pieces that wont come off too.

oh brother that thing looks badass!!! you better put a strong chain on that thing cuz they're all gonna want it!!!!

i redid that nascar sign and i did kinda the same thing switching out the colors... i timed it perfect but the printer didn't respond very fast and started the next layer then decided to pause and my nozzle had a case of drippy dick and dribbled a line all the way across the sign to get to the park position when i hit pause.. it turned out ok, but i'll always know that extra line of white is diagonal all the way across. i kinda like the one i painted better! ha...

DSCN0391

dribble line....

DSCN0392

i got that four pack of translucent colors in PETG... man the green is all hulked out under a black light!!!! TPU base with PETG letters...

DSCN0393

printed a puffco bubbler out of it...

DSCN0395

i find it leaves more strings than other materials so i just hit fast with my small butane torch and it cleans those up pretty quick and ez!!!

came with blue purple and red along with the green. I've gotten a pretty good profile for the PETG so it goes down set and forget, the TPU and the PLA+ is the same i have profiles for those two as well where i don't even need to watch the first layer anymore it lays down perfect. but the regular PLA i still have issues with here and there. i get a scabby looking layer out of nowhere with it and it peels up and looks bad. could just be that one roll of filament i have no idea... i went for the + so quick i didn't really build much of a pla collection.

yeah man, my new genny did well for it's maiden run. i had broke it in and change the oil back when i got it but never connected it to the house. It connects directly to to my breaker box and feeds the whole house, no cords!! it even has remote start like my truck!!!! not super quiet at all but it runs the surround sound so you never hear it!! haha

I tell ya man if there's one thing we always agree on it's the multiple lights theory that's for sure!!! plus when you only have one big light if it goes out you're fuckt.

speaking of lights... tomorrow mine gets turned up to 60% so week six starts... i gotta go back and check out your last journal but if i remember correctly yours were twice as tall and you had already flipped the switch.... goes to proof just how damn good you are at what you do man!!!

i know you have better air, soil, and water... but it's your skill that sets you above the rest.

DSCN0396

DSCN0399

DSCN0400

if anything i think i could use a little stretch.... i went and bought the 3D printer to make seedling supports and didn't even need any!!!! hahaha

temps have been 74-77* rh floats between 37%-45% i top water them almost every day, i use a funnel and pour in oxygenated rain water and every weekend i add some cal/mag plus and roots trinity. first time i grew any from seed using the trinity so i can't wait to get a look at the roots!!

i really need to start thinking about an upcan and spreading them out and turning on the other light. i bet with some new soil and food they would take off a little stronger. I really want to make sure they're at their peak when i flip the switch to get a good strong start to womanhood!!!!

i also need to get a vacuum in there and replace all the mylar. i have a brand new roll ready to go...

have an awesome week!!! we're getting a little snow tonight... snow bongs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

☠️

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
oh brother that thing looks badass!!! you better put a strong chain on that thing cuz they're all gonna want it!!!!

i redid that nascar sign and i did kinda the same thing switching out the colors... i timed it perfect but the printer didn't respond very fast and started the next layer then decided to pause and my nozzle had a case of drippy dick and dribbled a line all the way across the sign to get to the park position when i hit pause.. it turned out ok, but i'll always know that extra line of white is diagonal all the way across. i kinda like the one i painted better! ha...

View attachment 1338010

dribble line....

View attachment 1338011

i got that four pack of translucent colors in PETG... man the green is all hulked out under a black light!!!! TPU base with PETG letters...

View attachment 1338012
printed a puffco bubbler out of it...

View attachment 1338016

i find it leaves more strings than other materials so i just hit fast with my small butane torch and it cleans those up pretty quick and ez!!!

came with blue purple and red along with the green. I've gotten a pretty good profile for the PETG so it goes down set and forget, the TPU and the PLA+ is the same i have profiles for those two as well where i don't even need to watch the first layer anymore it lays down perfect. but the regular PLA i still have issues with here and there. i get a scabby looking layer out of nowhere with it and it peels up and looks bad. could just be that one roll of filament i have no idea... i went for the + so quick i didn't really build much of a pla collection.

yeah man, my new genny did well for it's maiden run. i had broke it in and change the oil back when i got it but never connected it to the house. It connects directly to to my breaker box and feeds the whole house, no cords!! it even has remote start like my truck!!!! not super quiet at all but it runs the surround sound so you never hear it!! haha

I tell ya man if there's one thing we always agree on it's the multiple lights theory that's for sure!!! plus when you only have one big light if it goes out you're fuckt.

speaking of lights... tomorrow mine gets turned up to 60% so week six starts... i gotta go back and check out your last journal but if i remember correctly yours were twice as tall and you had already flipped the switch.... goes to proof just how damn good you are at what you do man!!!

i know you have better air, soil, and water... but it's your skill that sets you above the rest.

View attachment 1338025

View attachment 1338026

View attachment 1338027

if anything i think i could use a little stretch.... i went and bought the 3D printer to make seedling supports and didn't even need any!!!! hahaha

temps have been 74-77* rh floats between 37%-45% i top water them almost every day, i use a funnel and pour in oxygenated rain water and every weekend i add some cal/mag plus and roots trinity. first time i grew any from seed using the trinity so i can't wait to get a look at the roots!!

i really need to start thinking about an upcan and spreading them out and turning on the other light. i bet with some new soil and food they would take off a little stronger. I really want to make sure they're at their peak when i flip the switch to get a good strong start to womanhood!!!!

i also need to get a vacuum in there and replace all the mylar. i have a brand new roll ready to go...

have an awesome week!!! we're getting a little snow tonight... snow bongs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

☠️

Man you gotta send me a link to that NASCAR sign! I could use that in my diecast garage.
The puffco neon looks wild too man!
I've been meaning to ask you...Does the Tinkerverse search box work for you? It won't work for me so it's hard for me to search designs on that site.

Your generator sounds like the kind people pays tens of thousands for around here to plug into a house like that. I just go redneck with mine and have extension cords stretched out across the floor.🤪

Your plants are looking really good Man. I don't think I have anything that works better than anybody. I get lucky more than am talented but I always have a warm room, like mid to high 80s, so that triggers high rates of metabolism and stretching out for me.
Stretching can be a gift and a curse though. Sometimes I love it but in flower I hate it so I had to change how I flower because of it. Just no avoiding it for me. No matter the light, hydro or organic, my plants stretch so like all the hurtles it takes me to grow a crop, I figured out a way to work with it than against it.
Same goes for my air. If I didn't break down and turn on my AC during flower, my plants would sweat and be thirsty all the time and result in less resin and oils. Water too. Shit if I didn't RO this shit would kill my plants or at least stall them out to a snails pace it sucks so bad. I think a lot of success is about taking the biggest shortcoming of a grow space and making it an advantage.

Man...Vegas. Ya know I wore my flat bill Hendricks #5 hat all last week hoping it would bring some good juju and I thought it was working until that last dang caution. What terrible timing otherwise Larson woulda walked away with that one.
I can't wait to see where the pool point totals are this week! Truex helped me but IDK how much.
I have some concerns about SHR and all the Fords in general right now Buddy. Chevy is running away with this thing. Toyota is figuring some things out and Ford is regressing so far this season. #14 is really good in Phoenix but I have my doubts.

Enjoy those snow bong hits and have a great week!!

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Man you gotta send me a link to that NASCAR sign! I could use that in my diecast garage.
The puffco neon looks wild too man!
I've been meaning to ask you...Does the Tinkerverse search box work for you? It won't work for me so it's hard for me to search designs on that site.

Your generator sounds like the kind people pays tens of thousands for around here to plug into a house like that. I just go redneck with mine and have extension cords stretched out across the floor.🤪

Your plants are looking really good Man. I don't think I have anything that works better than anybody. I get lucky more than am talented but I always have a warm room, like mid to high 80s, so that triggers high rates of metabolism and stretching out for me.
Stretching can be a gift and a curse though. Sometimes I love it but in flower I hate it so I had to change how I flower because of it. Just no avoiding it for me. No matter the light, hydro or organic, my plants stretch so like all the hurtles it takes me to grow a crop, I figured out a way to work with it than against it.
Same goes for my air. If I didn't break down and turn on my AC during flower, my plants would sweat and be thirsty all the time and result in less resin and oils. Water too. Shit if I didn't RO this shit would kill my plants or at least stall them out to a snails pace it sucks so bad. I think a lot of success is about taking the biggest shortcoming of a grow space and making it an advantage.

Man...Vegas. Ya know I wore my flat bill Hendricks #5 hat all last week hoping it would bring some good juju and I thought it was working until that last dang caution. What terrible timing otherwise Larson woulda walked away with that one.
I can't wait to see where the pool point totals are this week! Truex helped me but IDK how much.
I have some concerns about SHR and all the Fords in general right now Buddy. Chevy is running away with this thing. Toyota is figuring some things out and Ford is regressing so far this season. #14 is really good in Phoenix but I have my doubts.

Enjoy those snow bong hits and have a great week!!

your printer could make a hella big nascar sign...

just ratio it out to the size you want for x and y then make the thickness 3mm on Z as solo setting. i colored in the yellow,red, and blue while it was printing that way the black filament covered any outside the lines coloring i did...

my plants are looking good and almost ready!! i was looking at your journal and the beginning of this next week was the week you flipped yours so i'm not that far off after all.

i'm gonna work on that cabinet this week and get everything cleaned up and upcan them and get ready for motion!!

man larson had his foot in the gas for qualifying!!! i hope he does well in the race!!!! and you know i will be rooting all in on the 14 team!! I have them in the pool!!! I need all the help i can get, i have elliot next week...

i love that tractor commercial with tony stewart and briscoe.. "this ain't san mail!" hahaha

☠️

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
your printer could make a hella big nascar sign...

just ratio it out to the size you want for x and y then make the thickness 3mm on Z as solo setting. i colored in the yellow,red, and blue while it was printing that way the black filament covered any outside the lines coloring i did...

my plants are looking good and almost ready!! i was looking at your journal and the beginning of this next week was the week you flipped yours so i'm not that far off after all.

i'm gonna work on that cabinet this week and get everything cleaned up and upcan them and get ready for motion!!

man larson had his foot in the gas for qualifying!!! i hope he does well in the race!!!! and you know i will be rooting all in on the 14 team!! I have them in the pool!!! I need all the help i can get, i have elliot next week...

i love that tractor commercial with tony stewart and briscoe.. "this ain't san mail!" hahaha

☠️

So it seems if I wear my Larson hat, Byron gets a win.🙃
Those Mahindra commercials are pretty good. I like the latest one where Stewart tells Brisky "You need to try harder!"🤣
Well I already had to do a minor overhaul on my printer and replaced the Bowden tube end and nozzle after a broken filament jam. Wasn't too difficult but made me realize I need those spare parts on hand and ready.
I just ordered some flexible filament for some projects that will require some give in the plastic. This is the stuff you can use to make phone covers and glass protectors. I just got black for now and might get some other colors later.

My next grow is locked and loaded. Just doing final clean up and prep now but it's peppers and pot time 'round here!!
Have a great week Buddy!🤘
Any you guys watch IMSA racing? I enjoy the muscle car action. I run the old hwy's in a 16 GT mustang for work as a Medical Tech. SS

Not as intently as I do the three NASCAR series but over the past year I've watched some IMSA as well as Indy, late model dirt and asphalt, some electric off road and other road course racing. Even found myself watching moto-x last week. About the only thing that really doesn't get me to watch is funny car drag racing. I used to be all about football and baseball but since going to my first race last year ball sports have kinda fallen off for me, especially pro ball sports as I only get into college football and baseball now and everything else I watch is some sort of racing🏁

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Any you guys watch IMSA racing? I enjoy the muscle car action. I run the old hwy's in a 16 GT mustang for work as a Medical Tech. SS

I don't get as much coverage as i used to but i still watch it when i get the chance. man your work sounds like a little bit of fun when ya get to do that!!!

i like all forms of racing, anything with some go fast and i'm interested!! hell i'll even race my lawn mower against the neighbors!!! haha

So it seems if I wear my Larson hat, Byron gets a win.🙃
Those Mahindra commercials are pretty good. I like the latest one where Stewart tells Brisky "You need to try harder!"🤣
Well I already had to do a minor overhaul on my printer and replaced the Bowden tube end and nozzle after a broken filament jam. Wasn't too difficult but made me realize I need those spare parts on hand and ready.
I just ordered some flexible filament for some projects that will require some give in the plastic. This is the stuff you can use to make phone covers and glass protectors. I just got black for now and might get some other colors later.

My next grow is locked and loaded. Just doing final clean up and prep now but it's peppers and pot time 'round here!!
Have a great week Buddy!🤘

Not as intently as I do the three NASCAR series but over the past year I've watched some IMSA as well as Indy, late model dirt and asphalt, some electric off road and other road course racing. Even found myself watching moto-x last week. About the only thing that really doesn't get me to watch is funny car drag racing. I used to be all about football and baseball but since going to my first race last year ball sports have kinda fallen off for me, especially pro ball sports as I only get into college football and baseball now and everything else I watch is some sort of racing🏁

man how about larson and getting slapped for cheating?!?!?! it's gonna suck without the crew chief cliff daniels but at least they won't lose any other crew members. I saw briscoe and larson are starting out next to each other this week!! briscoe did great last week, i was happy to have him in the pool!! i saw you gotta root for lagayno in the race, if she wins you get negative points!! i got bell this week.. i saw he starts in the top ten as well. my woman was doing laundry tonight and i asked her to put in extra soap to wash the stank off my larson shirt!!!!! hahaha she said chuckled and said there ain't enough soap in the bottle for that! i sighed and agreed!!! haha

man that is crazy about your bowden tube... must be in air, bro i've been having weird issues where my extruder would bind up and jump back periodically i kept having to make it hotter and slower on larger footprints... after reading your post i decided to change out my nozzle too, when i did i found out my bowden tube had a hole in the side down in the hotend.... just funny how we both kinda had issues with the same parts...

DSCN0419

so now if that ever happens again i know right where to look instead of limping it out for a week first. i only hate to think though i probably shortened the life of the extruder motor a little. i have a manual handle on my extruder and after fixing the tube and cleaning the hotend and putting in a new nozzle it was a day and night difference on how little i needed to crank on the knob to extrude some filament... i was wearing that bitch out!!! haha

but it's all good now and haven't had a single hiccup since. i already have a spare extruder and bowden tube because mine didn't come with an official bowden so i bought the upgrade and then realized my extruder had a molded fitting on it and didn't have threads for the upgraded extruder so i got one of those in a combo deal. i also just ordered a dozen nozzles.

is that soft stuff you got TPU? i like tpu, it lays down smooth!! that's what i made those coasters out of.

i didn't have any dark dumpster green fil so i had to use black to print out a dab dumpster to hold my swabs!!!!

DSCN0425

i finally got around to cleaning up my flower cab and getting things ready... put up new mylar and installed the new mover mech. also connected the other 550 and vacuumed all the dead bugs and stuff...

DSCN0420

DSCN0421

DSCN0422

the plants are very ready to get a new home, the roots are growing out of the bottoms.... i plan to upcan all five in the next day or so. i have the soil pretty much ready to go just gotta water everything in good and fill up the buckets... it will be nice to not have to water them every single day and get them on semi auto pilot. the lights are at 70% right now... should be around 80-90% when i flip the switch... i should have upcanned them last weekend, oh well i dont mind this is one of my fastest crops in while so i'm not sweating a few minor mistakes here and there.

DSCN0424

DSCN0415

DSCN0416

DSCN0417

DSCN0418

have a fun race day bro!!!!!! i gotta come by your new thread and check out those tacos!!!! btw, you're the only one i know that smokes a whole brisket for tacos, fuckin legendary!!!!!!

☠️

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

upcanned and ready!!!!

DSCN0428

got all five put in the final buckets, caged up and watered in. I'm really happy with the way it all went and they all seem to be around the same size considering there are four different strains. I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days but everything should be fine.

the roots were ready for a new home....

DSCN0426

☠️

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
upcanned and ready!!!!

View attachment 1342464

got all five put in the final buckets, caged up and watered in. I'm really happy with the way it all went and they all seem to be around the same size considering there are four different strains. I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days but everything should be fine.

the roots were ready for a new home....

View attachment 1342463

☠️

Madman roots and a discotheque grow room!!!
That's some crazy good growth there my man. They gonna go nuts now!!
It totally look like the plant fairy visited you and swapped out all your plants for bigger ones!!

Ya know I bet HMS wins those appeals. Sounds like those louvers didn't fit so they had to work them to fit and got dinged for it. Not cool!! They need to do away with a lot of that single source part crap and let teams go back to making their own. As long as they fit within specs I don't see why they changed that with the nexgen car.
Yeah my girl got the win for me in the pool! I'm gonna need that -5 and then some because I have Elliott this week so I'm gonna take another +50 point hit. And I hear Jimmie Johnson will race this weekend. If I see him I'm gonna tell him "Thanks for not racing Fontana you part-timer! You cost me 50 points in the pool, Dick!!!" hahahaha!!

Atlanta was fun race to watch but man those Xfinity kids Saturday were salteeeeee!!
Chastain is just hilarious now. Didn't even have to touch #4 to send him spinning. And dang SHR I thought would dominate just fell off. Sucks Larson got caught in #10s blowout. His Chevy was hangin' tough with all those Fords.

On to COTA where it all began for me this week!!! Gonna be a mutha effer of working weekend but I'll be there!!
I'm keeping an eye on the weather and everything is looking really good. Saturday is perfect, low 80s and partly cloudy. Same for Sunday but there's a 10-20% chance of scattered showers. Might be nothing since that % has been dropping every day on the forecast. We're doing the whole weekend this year so we'll see the trucks and Xfinity Saturday and the Cup on Sunday. It'll take me all next week to get my hearing back and the smell of gas and burned rubber out my nose.
We've got the dude from Hootie and the Blowfish doing the prerace concert and IDK what other kind of festival will be going on but it'll probably things like midget wrestling and a dude being shot out of a cannon.
We'll be up at the top of the hill at Turn 1. So if Joey misses the turn and ends up in the kitty litter again we'll have front row seating for that hahaha!
Gotta think of some tailgating ideas because the food last year was just ok. Maybe smoked some hog wings or something to take out there along with some cold ones, a flask full of bourbon, and a doob or two.

Ya know with these printers I was wondering where the weak links will be and it looks like we both found out it's the bowden tube and nozzles.
I've hardly had any trouble with prints lately. Been going full speed and hot, like up to 220, and I have that Z offset pinned down so tight it spits out a very thin and fine ribbon of filament. That z offset might be what makes my prints take xtra time because it looks like it's barely putting anything down sometimes.
Here's the flex filament I bought...It says ABS Pro?
I haven't loaded it yet but I'm loving Flashforge brand filaments. They load so ez and print so clean compared to others I have so when I need more I'm gonna be looking to Flashforge offerings first. I need to make a note of some of the shitty filaments I have and not buy those brands again. Mostly the PETG and a metallic I have. If Flashforge makes a PETG I'll buy that next.

Take it ez buddy and here's to some good RC racing in Texas this weekend!!!

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

Madman roots and a discotheque grow room!!!
That's some crazy good growth there my man. They gonna go nuts now!!
It totally look like the plant fairy visited you and swapped out all your plants for bigger ones!!

Ya know I bet HMS wins those appeals. Sounds like those louvers didn't fit so they had to work them to fit and got dinged for it. Not cool!! They need to do away with a lot of that single source part crap and let teams go back to making their own. As long as they fit within specs I don't see why they changed that with the nexgen car.
Yeah my girl got the win for me in the pool! I'm gonna need that -5 and then some because I have Elliott this week so I'm gonna take another +50 point hit. And I hear Jimmie Johnson will race this weekend. If I see him I'm gonna tell him "Thanks for not racing Fontana you part-timer! You cost me 50 points in the pool, Dick!!!" hahahaha!!

Atlanta was fun race to watch but man those Xfinity kids Saturday were salteeeeee!!
Chastain is just hilarious now. Didn't even have to touch #4 to send him spinning. And dang SHR I thought would dominate just fell off. Sucks Larson got caught in #10s blowout. His Chevy was hangin' tough with all those Fords.

On to COTA where it all began for me this week!!! Gonna be a mutha effer of working weekend but I'll be there!!
I'm keeping an eye on the weather and everything is looking really good. Saturday is perfect, low 80s and partly cloudy. Same for Sunday but there's a 10-20% chance of scattered showers. Might be nothing since that % has been dropping every day on the forecast. We're doing the whole weekend this year so we'll see the trucks and Xfinity Saturday and the Cup on Sunday. It'll take me all next week to get my hearing back and the smell of gas and burned rubber out my nose.
We've got the dude from Hootie and the Blowfish doing the prerace concert and IDK what other kind of festival will be going on but it'll probably things like midget wrestling and a dude being shot out of a cannon.
We'll be up at the top of the hill at Turn 1. So if Joey misses the turn and ends up in the kitty litter again we'll have front row seating for that hahaha!
Gotta think of some tailgating ideas because the food last year was just ok. Maybe smoked some hog wings or something to take out there along with some cold ones, a flask full of bourbon, and a doob or two.

Ya know with these printers I was wondering where the weak links will be and it looks like we both found out it's the bowden tube and nozzles.
I've hardly had any trouble with prints lately. Been going full speed and hot, like up to 220, and I have that Z offset pinned down so tight it spits out a very thin and fine ribbon of filament. That z offset might be what makes my prints take xtra time because it looks like it's barely putting anything down sometimes.
Here's the flex filament I bought...It says ABS Pro?
I haven't loaded it yet but I'm loving Flashforge brand filaments. They load so ez and print so clean compared to others I have so when I need more I'm gonna be looking to Flashforge offerings first. I need to make a note of some of the shitty filaments I have and not buy those brands again. Mostly the PETG and a metallic I have. If Flashforge makes a PETG I'll buy that next.

Take it ez buddy and here's to some good RC racing in Texas this weekend!!!

wow man i can't believe its the weekend already!!! this week just flew by.

I saw hendricks appeal is on wednesday, i hope they get the points penalty taken away, i understand the suspensions and money but the parts passed in inspection, nascar saw them before practice and said they were ok, then after practice they collected all of the louvers. larson and those other drivers never qualified or raced with modified parts so i hope they get their playoff points backs. we'll see.

yeah i have elliot too... gettin the big ol 9 shaft!!!!

just saw the dinger win!!!! weather there looked really nice man, much better than it was here raining all day!!! i hope you guys have a blast, the seats you got sound awesome, can you heckle the spotters from there? it looks kinda close.. but with wind and engines maybe they can't hear.

i can't wait to hear about it man!!! it's pretty awesome when you can just drive home at night and come back the next day without camping or hotels. we get to do that with pocono.

i'm a little jelly of the tailgating you got going on. although i am not jealous of the traffic, lines, and waiting you're gonna have to deal with!!! i'll probably still be sleeping in bed when you're fighting all that BS... yeah i won't get to see a midget shot out of a cannon or anything cool but i'll be hitting my cannon in my PJ's!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

go#5!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom