Stop Chronic Overfeeding, and some tips with canna coco

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

only gh Calimagic for me these days.

at week 4 I am using around 1ml/gal. Which comes out to around 70-80 ppm. I'll start decreasing it at the end of wk 5 beginning of week 6.

This Calcium information is purely based on a Canna schedule, using calimagic. As I stated, once you hit around 700ppm you no longer need calmag additives.

Anyone can do the math for any nutrient!
I wonder if this is true for my base. How do you equate the ppm of camg in your base with garunteed analysis?
I run flora flex they just
Came out with no camg schedule with r/I buy the rep did tell me you have to run your PPMs higher. This would support your thinking 🤔

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

LESS IS MORE.....

I have been a chronic overfeeder for around 3 yrs now. In over half a dozen systems, coco,soil, ebb n flo, deep water, shallow water, in or out.......

Enough with the past.....here what I do for certain know.

*Additives are not needed, other than a bloom booster, and zone/h202 to keep things clean

*Rhizo as a foliar, and once @ transplant at 2ml/gal

*Canna wants you to pour your money down the drain.

*Plants over/underfed have very similar traits.

*r/o water works but you must add calmag, and preferably a higher cal product like....

*Calimagic....to replace calmag+ for the win!

*LESS IS MORE>......... .5 scale for those caring.
***200 ppm of a + b for veg...is plenty....
***400 ppm of a + b for flower is plenty.

***Calimagic/a+b ratio***
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350
100 ppm/3ooppm = 400
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450

* 5.8 ph*

* when transplanting....no charge, no double dose, and no flush....just absolutely water to 3o% run off.

I havent had this good of results in almost 4 years.

plants can take extreme amount of abuse, overfeeding and mistreatment
Two runs ago I was feeding around 1200 ppm's and the plants took it without much signs of dislike....

Currently @ wk 4 with 10 strains all being fed the same soup.
@ 500 ppm total max solution.

hope this helps someone....I'll try to get some pics up soon.
Can you describe your container size & environwnt? How many times a day you are feeding?

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

LESS IS MORE.....

I have been a chronic overfeeder for around 3 yrs now. In over half a dozen systems, coco,soil, ebb n flo, deep water, shallow water, in or out.......

Enough with the past.....here what I do for certain know.

*Additives are not needed, other than a bloom booster, and zone/h202 to keep things clean

*Rhizo as a foliar, and once @ transplant at 2ml/gal

*Canna wants you to pour your money down the drain.

*Plants over/underfed have very similar traits.

*r/o water works but you must add calmag, and preferably a higher cal product like....

*Calimagic....to replace calmag+ for the win!

*LESS IS MORE>......... .5 scale for those caring.
***200 ppm of a + b for veg...is plenty....
***400 ppm of a + b for flower is plenty.

***Calimagic/a+b ratio***
150 ppm/200 ppm = 350
100 ppm/3ooppm = 400
50 ppm/ 400 ppm= 450

* 5.8 ph*

* when transplanting....no charge, no double dose, and no flush....just absolutely water to 3o% run off.

I havent had this good of results in almost 4 years.

plants can take extreme amount of abuse, overfeeding and mistreatment
Two runs ago I was feeding around 1200 ppm's and the plants took it without much signs of dislike....

Currently @ wk 4 with 10 strains all being fed the same soup.
@ 500 ppm total max solution.

hope this helps someone....I'll try to get some pics up soon.
Disregard read a few posts down. Could you take a look at my situation? It’s posted in my thread.

my plants are at 2.0 ec as run off was showing signs of hunger....
Sealed room

sosincere

sosincere

Supporter
new folks should really be aware that the OP's situation is very rare, and that everyone's sweet spot for feeding will be different depending on light strength, container size, temp/rh, watering frequency, and ventilation. Some people just cant seem to understand that there is no 1 correct answer, it all varies. I don't know anyone personally who flowers at less than 2 ec successfully and some hit 3 ec mid flower. I cant even veg a plant past week 2 without going above 1 ec. This is in coco btw

Latest posts

Top Bottom