Stop The Bro Science Behind Molasses And Other Organic Stuff

• Thread starter Hpo777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

My mom used to clean the sink and let the noodles drain over the sink until serving. I love it. I hate a puddle of water at the bottom yuck. I use salt to keep them from clumping while they cook. I don't do oil. Slimy noodles are nasty.

It makes them a bit sticky like rice. Yum.

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost
We have an orchard here that has a small section open to the public where you pick your own all natural apples and pears. They have 15 different apples. Its grown in undisturbed fashion. Maybe run a lawnmower through to make paths. I would use mulch. Then they weigh and you pay on the way out. I would love to do that but I know an orchard really takes time. Could start with annuals like tomatoes. Hanover county is well known for their Hanover tomatoes. Sweet as sugar. Deep red and always juicy but red juice. Not that clear crap. This is where you really see the difference in true all natural. Apples as sweet as sugar and they actually satisfy as a snack. Masanobu mentions this that you can be fulfilled without being full.
we had loads of Pick Your Own places in the UK when i lived there. How about start with berries, and then go to trees or both. I find PYO strawberries do really well. No reason you could apply all sorts to a small market garden set up.
PYO salads and herbs. i always wanted to build a small cafe so people can PYO and then bring stuff to be made up in to salads or snacks or boxes to take home. ....may be one day. A box scheme wont work here, its too remote but i would think about this is you live somewhere near a town. You grow xyz seasonal, and people buy a $20 box from you each week or whatever for delivery or collection

Ecompost

Ecompost

i surely hope you suceed these are some tricky bastards there very smart if you havent figured that out,obsticles are a challenge for them,and most times they win,didnt you say you poured concrete footings to sit your fence on top of,that should hold um back as long as you keep check no errosion has washed dirt from under footing,ive seen these bastards climb a 6ft fence and get over it,ive had them run out the back side of my trap welded with cattle panel,they will run into that bitch to one or the other give,no shit,had a bore hog break the welds and had a 3ft hole in the trap,panel wire was just like someone sent a mortar threw it,,there tough son bitchs and see it one way,live or die,and they will kill themself when trapped
yes each post is sitting in concrete. They been digging the swales looking for water

Ecompost

Ecompost

Dude they are popping up everywhere (breweries). Well.. hipsters too.. hahaha We have 2 fairly new breweries on the same street downtown. Both with their own sub genre of hipster lol. The craft brew market is about as over saturated as the Cali weed market. Honestly I prefer a good old fashion Gin and tonic with a lime. I hate the feeling of trying to finish a beer after killing a plate of awesome food. Every beer feels like a sandwich in a glass :drunk:
As above, loving the craft beers, not so much the bit where fashion meets fancy dress :-)

brazel

brazel

we had loads of Pick Your Own places in the UK when i lived there. How about start with berries, and then go to trees or both. I find PYO strawberries do really well. No reason you could apply all sorts to a small market garden set up.
PYO salads and herbs. i always wanted to build a small cafe so people can PYO and then bring stuff to be made up in to salads or snacks or boxes to take home. ....may be one day. A box scheme wont work here, its too remote but i would think about this is you live somewhere near a town. You grow xyz seasonal, and people buy a $20 box from you each week or whatever for delivery or collection
There's a cafe in Taos New Mexico called dragonfly and they have a herb garden in the front that they pick from when you order

Ecompost

Ecompost

There's a cafe in Taos New Mexico called dragonfly and they have a herb garden in the front that they pick from when you order
super cool, this is the trick, herbs esp dont travel well. Fresh food can help you make money as a grower where selling in bulk is a nightmare. i swear buddy, I grow oranges, if i sell them to the Mafia here, COOP they call it, then i get per crate $4, so this is 15kg of fruit which sells retail for say $1.50-2 bucks a kg. I need to sell the fruit within a time frame of freshness, or i need to process it to make money. Having a place that made what we grow in to food woudl be super cool. We could then charge a real price for our substantial effort to produce high quality food types. really it would be awesome for our business and the local community get fresher food, its a win win.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Pliny the elder and heady topper are my favs. I also love yin and yang but I believe they're from Europe
Cheers
many of the old base recipes are likely from bavaria etc. but the way people see the raw ingredients now is better imo. they have some cool places in Denver when we went there for work, fruit beers etc, not sweet just flavor, very cool

brazel

brazel

super cool, this is the trick, herbs esp dont travel well. Fresh food can help you make money as a grower where selling in bulk is a nightmare. i swear buddy, I grow oranges, if i sell them to the Mafia here, COOP they call it, then i get per crate $4, so this is 15kg of fruit which sells retail for say $1.50-2 bucks a kg. I need to sell the fruit within a time frame of freshness, or i need to process it to make money. Having a place that made what we grow in to food woudl be super cool. We could then charge a real price for our substantial effort to produce high quality food types. really it would be awesome for our business and the local community get fresher food, its a win win.
I use to sell wheat grass to some of the local juice shops and sprouts at the farmers market. Made good cash but when I moved into a smaller house I no longer had space inside... thought about building a shed but surfing gets in the way of my life

S

Skipo

What is the shelf life of bat guano once it’s mixed and steeped for 48 hours?

Latest posts

Top Bottom