strain hunting and my war against spidermites

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

Has your mite issue gone away as your pictures are exactly what I'm dealing with now . Curious if the organicide worked and if the smell left ...

oxanaca

oxanaca

The mites are gone I spent 3 hrs looking. my house still smells nasty as hell. Im going to try and get rid of it over the next few days ill keep u updated

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um, I think it's time you invested in a product called Odorcide 210. It's used by the folks who clean up crime scenes or people who've passed away but weren't found for sometime afterward.

IT WORKS.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Um, I think it's time you invested in a product called Odorcide 210. It's used by the folks who clean up crime scenes or people who've passed away but weren't found for sometime afterward.

IT WORKS.
Hey thanks seamaiden, thats awsome, you really are a staple around here.

oxanaca

oxanaca

my house smells kind of nasty anyways. This way I can shock whole rooms for 12 hours at a time. While at work

oxanaca

oxanaca

Just after lights on. I sap tested a leaf on a very healthy plant. The leaf was receiving 1000 umoles ppfd lighting.

The sap values were
Ph: 6.5
Brix: 14%
EC: 35.0 milli siemens

I wonder what the acceptable ec range is for cannabis. I wish I had a NO3, Ca, & K meters so I could have a more complete picture.

I think I will drop my N down to 100ppm from 125ppm. However Im going to have to order some albion meta-K so I can I can drop kno3. And raise my k up without pushing S past 125ppm.

oxanaca

oxanaca

I think im going to check the price on their calcium amino acid chelate. I think It will make a good alternatve to calcium25. Yosemitesam says it foams a lot though so Im not sure if I will add it to my root zone. It would open things up though having an alternative to calcium nitrate.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How are you using the Calcium 25? It is expensive, but it's got all those other compounds/hormones in it (which is why I don't use it much, I already use products with many similar or same compounds, such as triacontanol).

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

havent read back in the thread but just saw the title and had to share my success with Conserve SC just last week. Mites got out of control, had to cut down 4 good plants. Cut those down, sprayed everything, checked a day later and no movement on any leaf i checked. I tried the predator mites too which didn't work quick enough and they kept reproducing too fast. dont like spraying my plants with pesticides but this saved my whole grow and thats all that matters right now.

oxanaca

oxanaca

How are you using the Calcium 25? It is expensive, but it's got all those other compounds/hormones in it (which is why I don't use it much, I already use products with many similar or same compounds, such as triacontanol).
Ive never used calcium25. For the reason you mentioned. I try to buy raw materials if possible in all situations, in life. I think im going to buy a calcium ise from horiba. Before I attempt any calcium foliar. No sense in flying blind.
I own all the phytohormones, triacontanol and such as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
havent read back in the thread but just saw the title and had to share my success with Conserve SC just last week. Mites got out of control, had to cut down 4 good plants. Cut those down, sprayed everything, checked a day later and no movement on any leaf i checked. I tried the predator mites too which didn't work quick enough and they kept reproducing too fast. dont like spraying my plants with pesticides but this saved my whole grow and thats all that matters right now.
There's an organic approved version called Entrust. It's still a 'cide.'
Ive never used calcium25. For the reason you mentioned. I try to buy raw materials if possible in all situations, in life. I think im going to buy a calcium ise from horiba. Before I attempt any calcium foliar. No sense in flying blind.
I own all the phytohormones, triacontanol and such as well.
The only reason the Ca 25 has to be given as a foliar only is specifically because it's calcium chloride (IIRC, this is going from almost a year ago memory reading about foliaring Ca on tomato plants). It's a decent product, but because of how it must be applied it doesn't really fit into my own regimen, so it's used as a 'just in case' kind of thing. I still prefer to have good soil Ca levels, and a liquid Ca product on hand.
Is there anyone else on here practicing sap analysis?
The only thing I've been doing, irregularly, is plant sap pH. I still haven't gotten around to doing the Brix thing, it's just been a hell of a year and I haven't been able to focus on the garden as I'd planned to. I've noted that the plants with a sap pH closest to 6.4 are indeed the ones that appear to be performing the best.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

good to know thanks @Seamaiden may give that a try when its not life and death situation for them

oxanaca

oxanaca

There's an organic approved version called Entrust. It's still a 'cide.'

The only reason the Ca 25 has to be given as a foliar only is specifically because it's calcium chloride (IIRC, this is going from almost a year ago memory reading about foliaring Ca on tomato plants). It's a decent product, but because of how it must be applied it doesn't really fit into my own regimen, so it's used as a 'just in case' kind of thing. I still prefer to have good soil Ca levels, and a liquid Ca product on hand.

The only thing I've been doing, irregularly, is plant sap pH. I still haven't gotten around to doing the Brix thing, it's just been a hell of a year and I haven't been able to focus on the garden as I'd planned to. I've noted that the plants with a sap pH closest to 6.4 are indeed the ones that appear to be performing the best.

if its just calcium chloride, ill stick with the calcium amino acid chelate for foliars. i too have noticed the healthiest looking plants to be very close to 6.4.

oxanaca

oxanaca

anyone on here test their thc levels using one of these kits? its kind of subjective but it should be reasonable accurate assuming you can compare different size blotches . im going to test my best 25 plants bud just for kicks

http://www.thctestkits.com

just 20 days from the start of harvest. ill update with some pictures later. best bunch of plants ive ever grew before. seems i never mentioned what seeds im growing with ill update that too.

oxanaca

oxanaca

oh yeah the organocide is awsome. it really does the trick. if you dunk your plants expect them to smell nasty for a little while, a little longer if you dunk 58 five footers . it really fucks up the mites though so its worth it. gonna use it as a preventative on all established clones from now on.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
anyone on here test their thc levels using one of these kits? its kind of subjective but it should be reasonable accurate assuming you can compare different size blotches . im going to test my best 25 plants bud just for kicks

http://www.thctestkits.com

just 20 days from the start of harvest. ill update with some pictures later. best bunch of plants ive ever grew before. seems i never mentioned what seeds im growing with ill update that too.
I've never heard of it, but thank you! I grew out some CBD meds this year and I'd really like to have an idea of where they land. I have no idea how to find the best lab to send samples to, either, soo... this may be kinda cool. Very cool in fact.

Top Bottom