Strain names.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mattyice

Mattyice

Not that it’s a bad name, just like he said I wouldn’t want HellsAngels coming in my store 😡. Maybe to purchase something, more than welcome.

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Decided that I was going to partake of the "Garlic Cookies" this morning- which is a clone I was given of the Chem Cookies alongside the infamous GMO cut as well. Now for some this could get confusing, especially with the vast amounts of seeds spread out and people calling everything found in the Chem Cookies either GMO, or Garlic Cookies instead. Most of them have no clue to what is what, but the names are trademarks in a sense that really don't matter in the end to the experienced and well exposed growers and tokers that simply see the old school in even the stupidest of things that are supposedly new due to names and rebrands. An example that was one of the best examples would be when Subcool took Skoosh and renamed it stupidly "Jacks Cleaner" which is more fitting for a actual hand cleaner than a plant (Which has no Jack Herer in the lineage). Skoosh itself was the most fitting of names all along. When Ae77 gave us this cut, we were told that the name Jacks Cleaner was to be lost, as it was just a ploy and a scam- No different than so many of these rebranded and reshuffled mixes that oftentimes have more variety in the fold then a pack of Skittles. A pack of seeds can often give you a separate type from plant to plant in today's market.

Regardless of this all, I care less about a name and more about how else I am drawn in or allured by a plant or buds. But I have to agree with you on the vastness within the naming of types to be a bit absurd at times, especially when it is just more poly x poly shaking up the mixing pot to see what you got..

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Decided that I was going to partake of the "Garlic Cookies" this morning- which is a clone I was given of the Chem Cookies alongside the infamous GMO cut as well. Now for some this could get confusing, especially with the vast amounts of seeds spread out and people calling everything found in the Chem Cookies either GMO, or Garlic Cookies instead. Most of them have no clue to what is what, but the names are trademarks in a sense that really don't matter in the end to the experienced and well exposed growers and tokers that simply see the old school in even the stupidest of things that are supposedly new due to names and rebrands. An example that was one of the best examples would be when Subcool took Skoosh and renamed it stupidly "Jacks Cleaner" which is more fitting for a actual hand cleaner than a plant (Which has no Jack Herer in the lineage). Skoosh itself was the most fitting of names all along. When Ae77 gave us this cut, we were told that the name Jacks Cleaner was to be lost, as it was just a ploy and a scam- No different than so many of these rebranded and reshuffled mixes that oftentimes have more variety in the fold then a pack of Skittles. A pack of seeds can often give you a separate type from plant to plant in today's market.

Regardless of this all, I care less about a name and more about how else I am drawn in or allured by a plant or buds. But I have to agree with you on the vastness within the naming of types to be a bit absurd at times, especially when it is just more poly x poly shaking up the mixing pot to see what you got..

LMFAO. Kind of like claiming to have P75...before it was even done. That guy. He is sick tho last time I heard so can't go too hard anymore.

AintFree

AintFree

OK. Dipping my toes in here. Thin Mint pheno of GSC does have a minty chocolaty overtone. I've had a pheno of super lemon haze smell and taste pretty cheesy, I've also had one, that before lighting the joint, when you pulled through it taste like lemonheads. My point is, there is not just one flavor of cannabis. The different terpene profiles and growing conditions create different flavors among the breeds (i hate the term 'strain'. makes it sound like a virus). Descriptive names are far more useful when noobs are trying to figure out what to grow but anyone worth their weight in nugs knows to research all they can before figuring which breeder and breed they'd really like to try. If the names are off putting, your loss. Some of the best stuff has the raunchiest names. Alaskan Thunderfuck, Cat Piss, Gorilla Glue, White Widow etc....All A-List Strains from the proper breeders...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Some of the best stuff has the raunchiest names. ....... Gorilla Glue ......................All A-List Strains from the proper breeders...

Yeah but that was from a hermie in a room. Wouldn't exactly call that a top notch or proper breeding endeavor. Just luck of the draw. Not knocking it though.

J

juice73

Anyone else sick of the childish, idiotic and cringe worthy names people have been naming their strains in the last few years?

So all you breeders know. I'm never going to buy or grow anything with a stupid name. Your stuff isn't any better than anything else out there with a normal name, and the stupid names you give your strain will be its downfall.

Everyone I've talked to in person over the age of 20 agrees. What do you guys think?
If I was to end up with something that had a stupid name, I'd just lie and tell people it was something else. Seriously embarrassing some of these names. Makes you feel like a child, just saying it drops your IQ 50 points.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One of my favorites is I believe @joeybrown creation. I never had a chance to smell smoke or grow but her name was ohh so sweet, you ready?............,..”Tranny Panties”. Cracks me up every time, Lol!!
And I just stopped reading this thread here lmao.

Top Bottom