Strain names.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mattyice

Mattyice

Dam we got some name haters out there. Lmao such hate and racism at what people call what they have grown. Exactly what y’all are talking about right not being racist, so why do you hate what people name their strains. Is that not hypocrisy?

Mattyice

Mattyice

Yes same strain same name, but the work that’s being done to increase the levels of potency (in labs) is true. I’m not arguing that back in the days you couldn’t find some good herb and good flavor, but it’s came along way sense then. Anyone to argue that fact is inadequately education of the advancement of cannabis. That’s all I’m saying. As far as what people name there flower, don’t knock it till ya try it ✌️

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldnt equate disliking ridiculous names with racism and intolerance, that's a bit of a leap.

I find a lot of the names super silly. I'm willing to look past it if the genetics are solid. But I will say, cheese and diesel are very fitting names for those strains. As that's what they taste and smell like.

Mattyice

Mattyice

Now you’re just arguing the fact so you don’t have to be wrong. It’s ok to admit defeat sometimes 👍

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes same strain same name, but the work that’s being done to increase the levels of potency (in labs) is true. I’m not arguing that back in the days you couldn’t find some good herb and good flavor, but it’s came along way sense then. Anyone to argue that fact is inadequately education of the advancement of cannabis. That’s all I’m saying. As far as what people name there flower, don’t knock it till ya try it ✌️

Again, i believe that's relative to where you live. In BC at least, there has almost been a decline in potency and flavour since all the newer strains have come about. Some of the newer stuff looks amazing and has high numbers but the terpenes are no where near on the same level they used to be. I'm still yet to smoke anything close to the flavour and high of the real shiskaberry, which has been gone since '05 around here.

BigCube

BigCube

Yes same strain same name, but the work that’s being done to increase the levels of potency (in labs) is true. I’m not arguing that back in the days you couldn’t find some good herb and good flavor, but it’s came along way sense then. Anyone to argue that fact is inadequately education of the advancement of cannabis. That’s all I’m saying. As far as what people name there flower, don’t knock it till ya try it ✌

Anyone spouting your nonsense obviously had shitty weed back then and had no clue the levels of the shit you get now have existed for years. Tell me how its changed? The strain is the exact same. Even today's new strains are just mixtures of old strains that already existed. HPS bulbs are the same, the nutrients are the same, literally NOTHING has changed. People have been crossing strains for longer than any of us have been alive. And not once ever in the history of cannabis has the offspring of two plants had a higher thc potential than the two plants that made it.

Honestly, anyone who thinks the weed is actually better now than it was 20+ years ago, has displayed their ignorance when it comes to cannabis and breeding.

What breeding does when done right is marry desirable traits. Things like drought resistance, large yields, flavor, color.. the traits have to actually be there. Show me this magical genome and strain the breeders have found that every single strain now uses to increase their thc.. you can't cause it doesn't exist.

It's a the same shit just mixed different.
Maybe do a bit of research? Learn how breeding actually works? What is possible and what is not? Just a thought.

BigCube

BigCube

I wouldnt equate disliking ridiculous names with racism and intolerance, that's a bit of a leap.

I find a lot of the names super silly. I'm willing to look past it if the genetics are solid. But I will say, cheese and diesel are very fitting names for those strains. As that's what they taste and smell like.

Not to me. I've never tasted or smelt cheese or diesel in my weed. The shit named cheese and diesel smell like kush and skunk to me. Have you ever actually smelled diesel? Or cheese? Cause no weed on earth ever smelled like that.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not to me. I've never tasted or smelt cheese or diesel in my weed. The shit named cheese and diesel smell like kush and skunk to me. Have you ever actually smelled diesel? Or cheese? Cause no weed on earth ever smelled like that.

Oh fuck yeah man, I have. I smoked cheese in England years ago and it legit smelled like a funky ass cheese. Not skunk but like cheese, it's the only way to describe it.
And right now I have a strain called space cookies (stupid name I know) and it smells like straight up diesel fuel. Very very fuelly.

Also, you have to admit in the last 10-15 years people have been just calling their weed whatever is popular. I cant tell you how many times I've sampled shiskaberry and Dutch treat from dispensaries trying to find the real deal, only to discover it's some other strain mislabeled.

Mattyice

Mattyice

?? I don’t even know how to reply to y’all anymore. I’ve been around quite some time now and have seen firsthand how it’s evolved. I’ve had excellent tree back then and today, but the industry and market have changed dramatically. The( research ) and money now spent to develop new more potent cannabis is insane.

BigCube

BigCube

Oh fuck yeah man, I have. I smoked cheese in England years ago and it legit smelled like a funky ass cheese. Not skunk but like cheese, it's the only way to describe it.
And right now I have a strain called space cookies (stupid name I know) and it smells like straight up diesel fuel. Very very fuelly.

Also, you have to admit in the last 10-15 years people have been just calling their weed whatever is popular. I cant tell you how many times I've sampled shiskaberry and Dutch treat from dispensaries trying to find the real deal, only to discover it's some other strain mislabeled.

Again. Not me. I smoked space cookies last weekend. My buddy brought it over. Nothing at all like diesel. Seriously go smell some diesel.

I've had many different diesel and cheese strains. None of them have ever tasted like diesel or cheese. If they did, I would throw it away cause there would be something wrong with it.

BigCube

BigCube

?? I don’t even know how to reply to y’all anymore. I’ve been around quite some time now and have seen firsthand how it’s evolved. I’ve had excellent tree back then and today, but the industry and market have changed dramatically. The( research ) and money now spent to develop new more potent cannabis is insane.

So, yeah. No idea then hu? Lol
It's ok, just maybe do some research before you pretend to know things?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Again. Not me. I smoked space cookies last weekend. My buddy brought it over. Nothing at all like diesel. Seriously go smell some diesel.

I've had many different diesel and cheese strains. None of them have ever tasted like diesel or cheese. If they did, I would throw it away cause there would be something wrong with it.

Yeah but dude again, I could sample 10 different space cookies from different dealers/dispensaries and most of them would be totally different because there is no accountability regarding names of strains anymore. If you havent had pot that smells like fuel, it's just because you havent tried it yet. I'm telling you my cut smells like pure fuel. Up to a year ago I had never smelled anything like it either.

Mattyice

Mattyice

Listen Big whatever your arrogance is starting to get to me. I could list all day how its increased in levels, how it (Better) on and on, but you obviously have NO clue as to what your talking about. It’s so clear how it’s changed it’s not even funny that you can’t see that. 🤮

Mattyice

Mattyice

It’s been scientifically proven that the levels of thc are extremely higher now then they were back then. And it’s kinda insulting of you to discredit the time and money spent to actually develop different (more) potent strains of cannabis that people back then couldn’t even imagine getting. Your insulting some actual BIG dawgs in the leading edge of cannabis by saying it hasn’t changed.

BigCube

BigCube

Listen Big whatever your arrogance is starting to get to me. I could list all day how its increased in levels, how it (Better) on and on, but you obviously have NO clue as to what your talking about. It’s so clear how it’s changed it’s not even funny that you can’t see that. 🤮

You could just list them. It shouldn't be that hard.

More people are growing properly now than before. That's the only difference.

Back then, most people didn't do what we do now to get high levels of thc, but some did. And here in BC we all did.

BigCube

BigCube

So for another example. Take skunk #1
It first came out in the mid to late 70s.

This is THE EXACT SAME STRAIN as existed back then. Hence the #1. It hasn't changed in like 40 years.

Well now, let's look at their advertised thc content.

Oh, would you look at that. %22.
The exact same stuff my dad got busted growing back in the day.

How shocking is that? If you dont know what you're doing and you just willy nilly toss seeds in dirt and water it, you get a pretty low thc yield.

But if you know what the hell you're doing, and bring that same seed inside, under lots of good light, with nutrients and basically as much everything as the plant will take. You get a very different animal.

How could it be a strain from 40 years ago can give you 22% thc? The strain didn't change. So what did?

Now do some research, see what happens if you grow any of those old strains properly.. the exact same thing.

Most people didn't know how to grow back then. But some did, I did, everyone I know did. And still does now. Talk to someone who's been growing properly for 20 years, ask them.

Nothings changed, more people just learned how to grow properly. That's it.

Top Bottom