Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

The 3.5 week update. Day 5 after complete defoliation. Ok everyone, first and foremost...Thank you all who have helped give me insight and the support/followers. especially @1diesel1 for keeping this tread alive.
Im just as intrigued to as to what’s going to happen as you are and I’m doing it on my dime and time. If you have any knowledge of techniques, secret recipes, nutritional info for recovery, my ears are yours....

Update 3.5 week of flower( or light change)
The leaves in the buds have gotten bigger and the few fan leaves I left are doing the same. Check out how much the lower bugs have grown and how many of them there are. The buds that weren’t getting light or air are going considerably over the last few days. Also, the caylx have really been stacking. They are white and purple covered in trichomes. I can tell you that the Bud sites have not only grown but are getting covered in trichomes as well

7C1D6B32 0F2C 4365 985D 1807FD2BA7FC

6F2BC50A DD88 4368 8B19 EBC117F96A1D

6FE0E77E BB7A 4A07 981D 549C49C53226

3D821835 A034 44B2 A48F E8D520411338

1199178B AF33 4466 993C E7A30EDF7F26

CBEAC95C 7569 44A1 9BD0 FDF1BEA9CA76
Last edited:
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

😲 Ive been practicing defoliation since 08, before I ever even heard of it. It made sense to remove spindly growth and a shade leaf here or there, but that was a bit overboard.

In the future, try removing larger fan leaves which are blocking bud sites and preventing proper air flow throughout the canopy. Spindly lower growth is also a target.

Light penetration largely influences the need to defoliate.

For example, a 3 foot tall plant grown under a 600w light would require defoliation bc a 600 doesn't penetrate 36". On the other hand, a 1000w light with no glass could illuminate the lower canopy of a 3ft plant. Work your way up to more advanced techniques from there.

Cannabis is a resilient plant, your harvest will be diminished, but your plants will survive.

Best of luck

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

😲 Ive been practicing defoliation since 08, before I ever even heard of it. It made sense to remove spindly growth and a shade leaf here or there, but that was a bit overboard.

In the future, try removing larger fan leaves which are blocking bud sites and preventing proper air flow throughout the canopy. Spindly lower growth is also a target.

Light penetration largely influences the need to defoliate.

For example, a 3 foot tall plant grown under a 600w light would require defoliation bc a 600 doesn't penetrate 36". On the other hand, a 1000w light with no glass could illuminate the lower canopy of a 3ft plant. Work your way up to more advanced techniques from there.

Cannabis is a resilient plant, your harvest will be diminished, but your plants will survive.

Best of luck

I posted a plant i harvested to show a 600 can bud a 3 foot plant all the way down to the pot almost. Not a leaf taken from the bushy thing. But i keep a little space around my bushes.

I agreed with everything you said up to that point. Tons of pics in my thread of it. i rarely pick a leaf.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There are so many variables to consider. This is not an either/ or thing. And that silly schwazzing the “city boys” sell in a rediculously expensive picture book is pure marketing.

And removing too many leaves also reduced potency in my tests. Not just yield.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

There are so many variables to consider. This is not an either/ or thing. And that silly schwazzing the “city boys” sell in a rediculously expensive picture book is pure marketing.

And removing too many leaves also reduced potency in my tests. Not just yield.
Lmao... I can tell I’m gonna have a problem with potency...? Lmao @MIMedGrower you just can’t handle the fact that the method just produces more because of the stress that is put in the plant. I think you are just a sore that you can’t charge $400 for a book. Maybe try this get more yield and then splurge on the book? You keep saying it doesn’t produce more, yet people are doing for a reason

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Lmao... I can tell I’m gonna have a problem with potency...? Lmao @MIMedGrower you just can’t handle the fact that the method just produces more because of the stress that is put in the plant. I think you are just a sore that you can’t charge $400 for a book. Maybe try this get more yield and then splurge on the book? You keep saying it doesn’t produce more, yet people are doing for a reason
Your right about it producing more, more leaf around the bud... 🤣

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Your right about it producing more, more leaf around the bud... 🤣
And thanks for your condescending message! You could have said a million things. Like some advice but you chose to poke at and you think you are making fun of me on a subject you know nothing about.... we’ll see who has the last laugh

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
And thanks for your condescending message! You could have said a million things. Like some advice but you chose to poke at and you think you are making fun of me on a subject you know nothing about.... we’ll see who has the last laugh
I’ve seen his done already it’s nothing new. Your wasting plant energy.
And if you would like we Can compare finishing buds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its noob marketing. And i would only pay that for a real textbook.

You will never know what you claim until you do what i did for a year. Compare methods with known clones.

Defoliation is just another tool from our toolbox. It has purpose when needed. To turn it into a “method” is hype.

Also you took a third more leaves than any tutorial shows to.

You are not going to hear what you want from many experienced growers.

Try not to get upset when someone posts something you dont like on the internet.

You have the guts to strip all your plants with out having done it before. But you cant take a little chatter on a grow thread.

I only wrote my own experience and worded it that way.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Its noob marketing. And i would only pay that for a real textbook.

You will never know what you claim until you do what i did for a year. Compare methods with known clones.

Defoliation is just another tool from our toolbox. It has purpose when needed. To turn it into a “method” is hype.

Also you took a third more leaves than any tutorial shows to.

You are not going to hear what you want from many experienced growers.

Try not to get upset when someone posts something you dont like on the internet.

You have the guts to strip all your plants with out having done it before. But you cant take a little chatter on a grow thread.

I only wrote my own experience and worded it that way.
Actually there’s tutorials that Defoliate even more than I did! How many times in this tread have I ask for help from someone who has am done this before? I dont recall asking for opinions whether or not I should have done this or shouldn’t have done it. At least I’m trying new things to reach new and better results. Advice on what to do next now that I’ve done it or move along... it’s that simple. Fortunately for these plants, I’ve been growing for over twenty years. I know what works trust me...
10841540 E4B0 4BD4 B742 DD40EC6CDD67

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Actually there’s tutorials that Foliate even more than I did! How many times in this tread have I ask for help from someone who has am done this before? I dont recall asking for opinions whether or not I should have done this or shouldn’t have done it. At least I’m trying new things to reach new and better results. Advice on what to do next now that I’ve done it or move along... it’s that simple. Unfortunately I’ve been growing for over twenty years. I know what works trust me...
View attachment 944729

Your plants are healthy and flowers look good. But how will you prove anything with no control plants?

I said with the tent as crowded as you have it some defoliation seems needed.

But stripping a short flowering annual of all its leaves makes no sense. Now your plant is trying to grow leaves instead of bud. And stress does not increase potency. Light does.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Another close friend took my advice and did the same thing. day 22 Of flower and trimmed Friday 21st at 1pm and a picture from today at 1 pm
CF37ECC9 8F86 43D8 9DD2 4BB09791B144

E0DFF0A2 4B21 4E79 AFF7 C1C437BDE958

FourthCity

FourthCity

Another close friend took my advice and did the same thing. day 22 Of flower and trimmed Friday 21st at 1pm and a picture from today at 1 pm
View attachment 944737
View attachment 944738
Asides from the two near the back right those plants look like the have pretty nice node spacing. I like the more moderate defoliation (even if its still more than I do) and the way the plants are spread out in these pics, looks like it will be a nice yield. How long has your buddy been growing? Looks like they are doing a good job.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Your plants are healthy and flowers look good. But how will you prove anything with no control plants?

I said with the tent as crowded as you have it some defoliation seems needed.

But stripping a short flowering annual of all its leaves makes no sense. Now your plant is trying to grow leaves instead of bud. And stress does not increase potency. Light does.
Right!!!! now you are starting to get it. its an overly crowded tent . so the only way the lower bud sights are getting any light is because i defoliated more top fan leaves that were blocking LIGHT from lower buds. now that they have LIGHT.... they will grow in size and potency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom